Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIY STNI Application - Any Tips?

Wikiposts

DIY STNI Application - Any Tips?

Old Jun 27th 2004, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about
Default DIY STNI Application - Any Tips?

We are hoping to go down the STNI route to get in to Oz and have decided that we will do all the applying/form filling ourselves.

Does anyone have any useful advice about what to put/not to put in the application form for STNI and also how long it usually takes for the Region (we are hoping for Melbourne) to make a decision?

Thanks.

J.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 3:15 am
come on you reds!!!!!

eilish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIY STNI Application - Any Tips?

we are going stni to tasmania and looking to do it ourselves.

do you have a trade?

my husband is a plasterer so we are collating data at the moment to send to tra, then we need to apply to tasmania for nomination then sort visa and go.

it looks quite straightforward and i am sure i will be able to do it myself but this site will help out with any problems, i'm sure.

good luck

helen
Old Jun 27th 2004, 3:45 am
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIY STNI Application - Any Tips?

Originally posted by Three P's
We are hoping to go down the STNI route to get in to Oz and have decided that we will do all the applying/form filling ourselves.

Does anyone have any useful advice about what to put/not to put in the application form for STNI and also how long it usually takes for the Region (we are hoping for Melbourne) to make a decision?

Thanks.

J.
We went STNI Tasmania we did it ourselves and received our visas in January, we move to Tasmania on the 25th July 2004.

We found it quite easy, we produced a website to help others here goes:

http://destinationoz.mysite.freeserve.com

Hope this helps you ours took 3 months once STNI was accepted

Good Luck

Christine
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Three P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura aboutThree P's has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys for your encouragement and advice.

Helen, we're not applying under a trade my husband is just in the process of getting his degree assessed at the moment (we're awaiting a reply anytime now).

Christine, thanks for the web link, found it useful, just when we think we know everything about the whole processes we learn something new!!!

We do find this expats site really helpful (and quite amusing at times), think I'm becoming addicted!

Thanks again.

J.