DIY pet travel

Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough
Default DIY pet travel

Is it possible to do DIY pet travel to Australia? I've had some quotes from pet travel agents & they are pretty high!

If so, please could someone let me know the process
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY pet travel

Originally Posted by katamina
Is it possible to do DIY pet travel to Australia? I've had some quotes from pet travel agents & they are pretty high!

If so, please could someone let me know the process
I am not sure of the process but I know when I initially made enquiries about shipping my cat, there wasn't a drastic amount of saving - although I might not have checked correctly.

It was nice to hand over responsibility and organisation to the experts and not have to worry about paperwork and everything.

There are lots of people that have done it themselves, hopefully you will get some replies.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - I'm taking 4 cats, so I know it's gonna be pretty expensive anyway!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I don't think you can book the cats directly onto the airplane yourself, I think you have to use a travel company for this...

However you can do the rest, import and export certs, quarantine booking, vaccinations and microchips totoally independently. i reckon doing this saved us about £400 on our two cats, not a huge amount really.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

i think u will find that cargo companies will only deal with registered pet transport companies... i looked into it briefly but soon gave up as info was not forthcoming! The few hundred extra you pay is worth it. You can always cut costs by taking the cats down to heathrow yourself and meeting tranport co down there... and by sorting all the vacc/bloods out.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Just want to add that Defra will give you the names of pet transport companies if you need it or otherwise the major airlines will also give the names of pet exporters they deal with.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Martin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really niceMartin J is just really nice

Try Petair. They do a Gold and Silver service where you can take some of the workload in preparing the paperwork with your vet yourself to save money.

We are taking our year old collie and i was quoted £2,700 for Gold and £1,600 for Silver. There is about £300 to pay to my vet on top but its still cheaper.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies - have requested a few quotes from the pet travel companies (they must make a killing out of it!!)

Any companies to avoid/good feedback on any?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

We used Petair and they were very friendly/helpful up to the point of checking our dogs flight and re-routing and keeping us informed in the middle of the night ( U.K time ) when our dog was put on to a Sydney flight when he should have gone to Melbourne. This was an airport error NOT Petair which was obvious from all of the Melbourne stickers all over his crate. Anyway he turned up safe and sound only a few hours later, cannot fault Peatiar they were genuinely concerned to make sure Archie reached his destination O.K
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi,

Do you have any contact details for Petair?

Thanks

Colin
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

I'm in the process of shipping our 3 year old Border Terrier to OZ, he's going with Golden Arrow Shippers in Shropshire, they were the best price for me at £1482, I've just had his blood tests done at the vets which I to pay for extra and the I'll have to pay the quarantine fees prior to release, but this was the cheapest quote I had, and I did alot of research. They are very friendly on the phone, and they are very efficent with sending out the paperwork and timetable for your pets travel. So far so good I thought about doing it myself, but to be honest I think its a minefield if you dont know what your doing and I just have too many other things to worry about. I'll keep your posted on Eddy's progress. He's flying out 9th Aug, and to say i'm worried is an understatement.
Attached Thumbnails DIY pet travel-pictures-lait-familyh-193.jpg  
Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andreak
I'm in the process of shipping our 3 year old Border Terrier to OZ, he's going with Golden Arrow Shippers in Shropshire, they were the best price for me at £1482, I've just had his blood tests done at the vets which I to pay for extra and the I'll have to pay the quarantine fees prior to release, but this was the cheapest quote I had, and I did alot of research. They are very friendly on the phone, and they are very efficent with sending out the paperwork and timetable for your pets travel. So far so good I thought about doing it myself, but to be honest I think its a minefield if you dont know what your doing and I just have too many other things to worry about. I'll keep your posted on Eddy's progress. He's flying out 9th Aug, and to say i'm worried is an understatement.
I have just got a quote for my labrador puppy from Petair they quoted me £1475 to ship to St Lucia whish we are satisfied with. Reading your comments about Petair I am glad to be using them after such positive replies. We are nervous about leaving our puppy but feel more reassured by you all.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

alan_blue is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have any contact details for golden arrow? I searched on google and didnt find them.

thanks
al
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

http://web.ana-aviation.com/Pet%20Pa...6!OpenDocument

I found these details if that helps. Think the tel number was 01588 680240.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Golden Arrow dont have a website, the guy said they dont have a need, so they must get enough business by word of mouth I guess, their tel no is 01 588 680 240, they are in Lydbury North, Shropshire. Hope you get on OK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.