Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIY Pet Transportation

DIY Pet Transportation

Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default DIY Pet Transportation

DIY pet transportatoin. Has anyone transported thier pet themselves and how. I have heard that you can do it yourself without the use of a company but wondered how to go about it. Any Ideas please
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DIY Pet Transportation

Originally Posted by lovealot
DIY pet transportatoin. Has anyone transported thier pet themselves and how. I have heard that you can do it yourself without the use of a company but wondered how to go about it. Any Ideas please

Here's my advice.........don't even go there. Get a professional to do it.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:47 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
Here's my advice.........don't even go there. Get a professional to do it.
www.dhl.com ?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

We looked at doing it ourselves, other than the main airlines refusing to let you do it as an individual and insisting you use an agent because it is for Australia and they are very strict.
Once you look at all the costs, the bit you are actually paying an agent is not that much for their services.
We are taking 2 golden labradors....not cheap!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan & Sonia
We looked at doing it ourselves, other than the main airlines refusing to let you do it as an individual and insisting you use an agent because it is for Australia and they are very strict.
Once you look at all the costs, the bit you are actually paying an agent is not that much for their services.
We are taking 2 golden labradors....not cheap!!!!

So who have you deceided to use and when are you going
and thanks for that. Its not really about cost but I have read so many awful thing about different agents like this on. Have you read it?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/show...ight=pet+export
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:20 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Dont do it we had a "shitzu" left on a plane at Alice springs Airport , in 40deg heat , the subsequent court case cost thousands , DEAL with the PROS............mm
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

So who have you deceided to use and when are you going
and thanks for that. Its not really about cost but I have read so many awful thing about different agents like this on. Have you read it?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/show...ight=pet+export
We are either gioing to use Airpets or Golden Arrow, no real point in reading about horror stories as you would never do anything let alone ship your pets half way round the world.
There are always good and bad stories about everything; travel, airlines, rentals, real estate, car dealers etc you have just got to use a gut feeling about who to use...just like most decisions in life.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:17 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we were going to DIY a german Shepherd but £3500 for flight alone compared to £2079 using Animal Airlines which includes pre flight vet, container with water bowl, flight and all taxes and getting to quarantine.
We still have the quarantine fees and the pre flight jabs and tests to pay.
I can't remember which airline we called when we were going to DIY but there are only 2 companies that take dogs as cargo and one of them would only use an agent, the other gave us the above quote.
Marie