Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIY Disaster. Part 1

DIY Disaster. Part 1

Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of
Unhappy DIY Disaster. Part 1

Someone tell me there are no tumble driers in Oz!!

Rachael sidles up to me and says the tumble drier is blowing cold air. I go take a look at the thing and decide she’s right. Definitely cold air, so on my next day off I take the thing to bits. Found £4.20 in change, 2 packs of well washed chewing gum and more dust than the surface of the moon.

Eventually got the element pack out and sure enough the thing had burnt out. Went on the net and found the part I needed. 2 days later it arrives. Great, now all I have to do is put the thing back together. Everything went swimmingly until I came to place the last piece. Now there was nowhere that this thin, half moon piece of metal with plastic ends was going to fit. I tested the machine and it worked well. Warm air etc. but again looked at this part and worried that the whole world might cave in if I didn’t find where it should go. I went back to the PC and found the model number, went through the schematics and still couldn’t find where the hell this part should go.

3 hours have elapsed at this point.

Went back to the machine and took it apart again, looking intensely for anywhere this part should go. I placed the thing on its side to get a better view when Rachael rolls in from work. I explained that I’d fixed the problem, but had a spare part that I couldn’t place. She took one look at my nemesis and said with an expressionless face. “That’s a piece of wire out of one of my bras”.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:47 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY Disaster. Part 1

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart

Rachael sidles up to me and says the tumble drier is blowing cold air. I go take a look at the thing and decide she’s right. Definitely cold air, so on my next day off I take the thing to bits. Found £4.20 in change, 2 packs of well washed chewing gum and more dust than the surface of the moon.

Eventually got the element pack out and sure enough the thing had burnt out. Went on the net and found the part I needed. 2 days later it arrives. Great, now all I have to do is put the thing back together. Everything went swimmingly until I came to place the last piece. Now there was nowhere that this thin, half moon piece of metal with plastic ends was going to fit. I tested the machine and it worked well. Warm air etc. but again looked at this part and worried that the whole world might cave in if I didn’t find where it should go. I went back to the PC and found the model number, went through the schematics and still couldn’t find where the hell this part should go.

Went back to the machine and took it apart again, looking intensely for anywhere this part should go. I placed the thing on its side to get a better view when Rachael rolls in from work. I explained that I’d fixed the problem, but had a spare part that I couldn’t place. She took one look at my nemesis and said with an expressionless face. “That’s a piece of wire out of one of my bras”.

PMSL;!!!!!!!!!!

done that a few times.....had the repair men out only to find a couple of bra wires jamming the thing!!!

nice one
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:58 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

“That’s a piece of wire out of one of my bras”.
Absolutely PMSL! Funniest thing I've heard in ages.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 3:03 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

That's so funny It's the sort of thing my husband would do too!!
Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

You poor thing!!
Sorry but that is just so funny, but hey at least you konw you can fix tumble dryers
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:43 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

You have to expect that sort of thing when the dryer goes tits-up..........
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:46 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Bet you felt a right tit
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Has Rachael been going around with a droopy boob and a pert boob
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:43 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Haha class - know exactly what you went through too - I regularly have to strip down our poxy condenser tumble dryer. So very deceptive how easily they come to pieces ...
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

I knew blokes didn't understand the working of a bra
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Absolutely priceless
Old Nov 6th 2005, 12:39 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely hilarious!!
Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

char_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever I build flat pack stuff I always have bits left-I just throw them in the bin

OOps just posted under my daughters user name!!
Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:58 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by char_m
Whenever I build flat pack stuff I always have bits left-I just throw them in the bin

OOps just posted under my daughters user name!!

It's no excuse, blaming your daughter!

I'm waiting untill mine can do all my diy

Bye
Mark
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Has Rachael been going around with a droopy boob and a pert boob

This is what I can't understand. Surely if the scaffholding has a pole missing, then you'd notice? Wouldn't like to comment on the droopy/pert thing though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.