Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIY Disaster. Part 1

DIY Disaster. Part 1

Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: DIY Disaster. Part 1

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
Someone tell me there are no tumble driers in Oz!!

Rachael sidles up to me and says the tumble drier is blowing cold air. I go take a look at the thing and decide she’s right. Definitely cold air, so on my next day off I take the thing to bits. Found £4.20 in change, 2 packs of well washed chewing gum and more dust than the surface of the moon.

Eventually got the element pack out and sure enough the thing had burnt out. Went on the net and found the part I needed. 2 days later it arrives. Great, now all I have to do is put the thing back together. Everything went swimmingly until I came to place the last piece. Now there was nowhere that this thin, half moon piece of metal with plastic ends was going to fit. I tested the machine and it worked well. Warm air etc. but again looked at this part and worried that the whole world might cave in if I didn’t find where it should go. I went back to the PC and found the model number, went through the schematics and still couldn’t find where the hell this part should go.

3 hours have elapsed at this point.

Went back to the machine and took it apart again, looking intensely for anywhere this part should go. I placed the thing on its side to get a better view when Rachael rolls in from work. I explained that I’d fixed the problem, but had a spare part that I couldn’t place. She took one look at my nemesis and said with an expressionless face. “That’s a piece of wire out of one of my bras”.
ROTFL!!!

Karma sent!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:11 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIY Disaster. Part 1

This is what I can't understand. Surely if the scaffholding has a pole missing, then you'd notice? Wouldn't like to comment on the droopy/pert thing though.

Hi,
I'm Rachael the wife!!!!!
Always had one bigger than the other so I didn't notice!!!!!
x
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

Love It, Love It Very Funny!!! :d :d
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:43 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi,
I'm Rachael the wife!!!!!
Always had one bigger than the other so I didn't notice!!!!!
x
I hope you used the situation to get a new drier and some new designer undies at least
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice

Someone tell me there are no tumble driers in Oz!!

Rachael sidles up to me and says the tumble drier is blowing cold air. I go take a look at the thing and decide she’s right. Definitely cold air, so on my next day off I take the thing to bits. Found £4.20 in change, 2 packs of well washed chewing gum and more dust than the surface of the moon.

Eventually got the element pack out and sure enough the thing had burnt out. Went on the net and found the part I needed. 2 days later it arrives. Great, now all I have to do is put the thing back together. Everything went swimmingly until I came to place the last piece. Now there was nowhere that this thin, half moon piece of metal with plastic ends was going to fit. I tested the machine and it worked well. Warm air etc. but again looked at this part and worried that the whole world might cave in if I didn’t find where it should go. I went back to the PC and found the model number, went through the schematics and still couldn’t find where the hell this part should go.

3 hours have elapsed at this point.

Went back to the machine and took it apart again, looking intensely for anywhere this part should go. I placed the thing on its side to get a better view when Rachael rolls in from work. I explained that I’d fixed the problem, but had a spare part that I couldn’t place. She took one look at my nemesis and said with an expressionless face. “That’s a piece of wire out of one of my bras”.
So, was it a front loader or what ??
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:21 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bloofox
The drier or the bra?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:36 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: DIY Disaster. Part 1

Originally Posted by bloofox

Now that would be telling!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:43 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
You poor thing!!
Sorry but that is just so funny, but hey at least you konw you can fix tumble dryers
....and maybe fix under-wired bras now if you put your mind to it