Divorce

Old May 3rd 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default Divorce

Hi all,

Just thought I would chuck a "good one" in here for discussion, it is a lot easier to get a Divorce in Australia than in the UK! I have been separated from mine since Feb 05, put Divorce papers into Family Court in Perth last Thursday, got papers back in todays mail, with Court Hearing on 7 July, will be young (hahahaha) free (with 2 kids still at home yeah right!) but definately very single on 8 August this year.

Just thought I would share this with anyone who might be interested! BTW I am very happy about the prospect! I can now get on with my life!
love to all
sal x
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:34 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Divorce

Originally Posted by invictia
Hi all,

Just thought I would chuck a "good one" in here for discussion, it is a lot easier to get a Divorce in Australia than in the UK! I have been separated from mine since Feb 05, put Divorce papers into Family Court in Perth last Thursday, got papers back in todays mail, with Court Hearing on 7 July, will be young (hahahaha) free (with 2 kids still at home yeah right!) but definately very single on 8 August this year.

Just thought I would share this with anyone who might be interested! BTW I am very happy about the prospect! I can now get on with my life!
love to all
sal x
You go girl!

Good luck
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

love to all
sal x

Think you need to change your profile as it says you got 3 kids and are happily married
My divorce in UK was far quicker all done and dusted in just over one year, really all depends on how amicable the split is....But seems to be a lot of this and that is easier or better in Aus on here lol, I must take it relationships are just the same over there.
Enjoy the single life
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Think you need to change your profile as it says you got 3 kids and are happily married
My divorce in UK was far quicker all done and dusted in just over one year, really all depends on how amicable the split is....But seems to be a lot of this and that is easier or better in Aus on here lol, I must take it relationships are just the same over there.
Enjoy the single life
You have to be sep for at least 12 months before you can apply. In the UK you have 6 weeks between the nisi and the absolute, here you only have 1 month and 1 day (why the 1 day I dunno)..........thanks for the warning! will go and change my profile pronto!
love sal x
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

love to all
sal x
Good luck to you, i hope you will be happy.
I was divorced at 29 and 3 kids, and no support from their sperm donor [ex hubby]. Things where tough for a couple of years, but was still happier without him and the kids also, I am now happily married for 13 years. Never look back.
Denise
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Scrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really nice

Can anyone help me? I don't post much but I read your stuff on here a lot, and I hope someone will help me now.
if one person is english and the other one is australian, does it matter which country i get a divorce in? Can i do it here or do I have to go to England?
We don't have children, or i wouldn't even consider divorce, but i really can't live with someone who is so abusive. he just makes me feel like i'm nothing and when i talked about it on here before someone said that is a sort of abuse. i can't cope with it any more cos i'm crying all the time and i just have noone to talk to. I do have some friends here but they all know him as well and i don't want to make things awkward for them.
I need to get out of here before i fall apart all together and do something stupid.
Do i have to pay a lawyer to help me or can i just fill in some papers? Does anyone know? and do i have to stay here and live away from him for a while or can i just go back to England and live there while the divorce goes through the court here?
If i have money in the bank in England and i get a divorce here, do i tell them about the money in England? Cos if i get divorced i might want to go back there and i will want the money there to start again. Its my money from before we were married, but i didn't have a pre-wedding agreement thing, and its in a bank account with only my name on it.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:34 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scrundlebunny,

sorry to hear about your troubles.

If you want to get divorced in England, then either you or your husband has to live there.

From your post, I think you both live in Australia right now? Then you can get divorced in Australia. You don't need a lawyer. If you need help with the forms, go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and they will help you (have a look in the phone book for their address).

For details on how to get divorced in Australia:

You need to have lived separately and apart from your spouse for 12 months and there is no reasonable likelihood of the marriage resuming AND you need to be an Australian citizen OR have lived in Australia for 12 months before lodging your divorce application.

If you've been married less than two years, you need to attend counselling and get a certificate from the counsellor before you can apply for divorce. Obviously that's not possible in your case, but maybe you've been married more than two years. Otherwise, you'd have to wait until the two years are up before you can apply for the divorce.

You can download a "Divorce Kit" for Western Australia here:http://www.familycourt.wa.gov.au/de...asp?id=37468945
(look on page 3 for "who can apply for divorce in Australia")

For the other Australian states/territories look here:
http://www.divorce.gov.au/

Hope this helps.

Gina