Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Diving Mornington Pier - thank you Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler

Diving Mornington Pier - thank you Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler

Old Nov 25th 2006, 6:15 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Diving Mornington Pier - thank you Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler

Had a fantastic dive on Mornington Pier. Any divers in the UK waiting to come over - the diving here is better than Southern UK for wildlife, similar sea temps at the moment.

18 degrees, viz at least 8 metres.

Saw massive rays at the end of the pier, plus a seahorse which I had never seen before. There were also many puffer fish, smaller rays, crabs and lots of fish I'm not educated enough to identify! Lots of colours anyway.

Its a shallow dive, deepest I got was 8.3 metres which suits me fine - lots of bottom time etc.

Big thanks to Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler for taking me - sorry about the fright I gave you at the end! I was getting nauseous because of the movement of the weed and had to surface (from 4m!).

Anyway, its great diving here from what I've seen so far.

Buzzy
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Diving Mornington Pier - thank you Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Had a fantastic dive on Mornington Pier. Any divers in the UK waiting to come over - the diving here is better than Southern UK for wildlife, similar sea temps at the moment.

18 degrees, viz at least 8 metres.

Saw massive rays at the end of the pier, plus a seahorse which I had never seen before. There were also many puffer fish, smaller rays, crabs and lots of fish I'm not educated enough to identify! Lots of colours anyway.

Its a shallow dive, deepest I got was 8.3 metres which suits me fine - lots of bottom time etc.

Big thanks to Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler for taking me - sorry about the fright I gave you at the end! I was getting nauseous because of the movement of the weed and had to surface (from 4m!).

Anyway, its great diving here from what I've seen so far.

Buzzy
g'day buzzy
pleased you enjoyed the dive around the pier. it was good you got to see the big sting ray :scared: and the seahorse, you don't see them all the time.
if you have time for a night dive give me a call, if not see you saturday, will have a or 2
all the best
rob & marie
Old Nov 26th 2006, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Here is the group photo on flickr. Tell me if you can/can't see it. Note the comment tells you who's who.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11418025@N00/306456910/
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Caroline G
Here is the group photo on flickr. Tell me if you can/can't see it. Note the comment tells you who's who.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11418025@N00/306456910/

Erm... are they dry suits ?
And surely dirk diggler is his nickname ??

SB
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sunburn
Erm... are they dry suits ?
And surely dirk diggler is his nickname ??

SB
g'day.
2 of them are. to cold at the min for a wet one.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:54 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Diving Mornington Pier - thank you Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler

Originally Posted by robert cowan
g'day.
2 of them are. to cold at the min for a wet one.
Eh? I was fine! 18 degrees!!! Thought you BSAC divers were made of sterner stuff!

Buzzy
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

gday buzzy

hows it going glad to hear you're having a good time whats your thoughts so far

Jen
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:38 am
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Diving Mornington Pier - thank you Robert Cowan and Dirk Diggler

Originally Posted by JenJen
gday buzzy

hows it going glad to hear you're having a good time whats your thoughts so far

Jen
Hi Jen

See my thread about our decision. Oh OK then we decided on Melbourne.

See you on MSN when I get back to the UK.

Buzzy
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi Jen

Oh OK then we decided on Melbourne.

Buzzy

Woohoooooo Nice one. Will have a quick look to see your thread but if I don't get time let me know what area you decided on

Hows family, all good?
By the way it's really really cold here lol so make the most of that sunshine eh

Jen