Diverting Post

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:51 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Diverting Post

So heres the tricky bit, we want to divert our post to Australia (Perth) but will be in temporary accomodation for the first few weeks. A PO box seems like a solution any ideas.
Or what have others done to get over this?

PJ
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:03 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Diverting Post

Originally posted by Jacko1
So heres the tricky bit, we want to divert our post to Australia (Perth) but will be in temporary accomodation for the first few weeks. A PO box seems like a solution any ideas.
Or what have others done to get over this?

PJ
Could you divert your post to a trusted UK relative/friend and get them to do the honours for you?
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 1:05 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally posted by NedKelly63
Could you divert your post to a trusted UK relative/friend and get them to do the honours for you?
Yup, also just had a chat with Royal Mail who suggested a divert to someone in UK for three months then renew divert to Australia at that point.

Sounds feasible
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:14 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Another top tip is to start sending back junk mail marked "No Longer At this Address". Cuts down on the junk mail that gets redirected to you. Unless your nostalgic for catalogues or think you still may win the Reades Digest Prize Draw.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:17 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
Another top tip is to start sending back junk mail marked "No Longer At this Address". Cuts down on the junk mail that gets redirected to you. Unless your nostalgic for catalogues or think you still may win the Reades Digest Prize Draw.
or contact these guys...

Register with the MPS to have your details taken off 95% of commercial mailing lists.
FREEPOST 29 LON20771
London
W1E 0ZT
Telephone: 0845 7034 599
www.mpsonline.org.uk
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Very difficult if not impossible to get an Aus PO Box from the UK, and if you have no address to come to, the best option really is - get it redirected to a friend. When the redirection is about to expire, you will get a letter, you can then renew it to your Aus PO Box/address as you wish.
In nine months my mate has only had to forward three items to me, everything else that was redirected to his address was junk, could be scanned and e-mailed, or could be sorted after a phone call.

One thing to bear in mind - many mail boxes at units/houses here are often poxy little things not big enough for even a decent card unless it gets folded in half. If you get all your mail redirected straight here you really are running a risk of it not fitting in the box, as Royal Mail redirect several items at a time in a bundle. Aus Post are also good at leaving it sticking out of the box in torrential rain, dropping it on the floor and stamping on it, or folding it as small as possible so you can't get the creases out.

I know its late, and I'm under the influence, but I AM speaking from lots of experience. When I have my new job, we will buy a bigger mailbox!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:33 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jacko1
Yup, also just had a chat with Royal Mail who suggested a divert to someone in UK for three months then renew divert to Australia at that point.

Sounds feasible

Yep we are doing this

Walla
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 2:45 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

or contact these guys...

Register with the MPS to have your details taken off 95% of commercial mailing lists.
FREEPOST 29 LON20771
London
W1E 0ZT
www.mpsonline.org.uk
Brilliant so easy

Cheers

PJ
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 6:00 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

or contact these guys...

FREEPOST 29 LON20771
London
W1E 0ZT
www.mpsonline.org.uk
Following on from that do what my dad does, He gets the return freepost envelope and fills it with milk bottle tops and other small but heavy rubbish then snd it back with a note saying "you sent me your rubbish, so I'm sending you mine" they soon get the message

Kala