Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Distances....to commute to Brisbane

Distances....to commute to Brisbane

Old Jan 15th 2007, 10:59 am
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Distances....to commute to Brisbane

I have been planning the reccie trip and want to look at different options for living and working however I can't get a feel for the distances looking at the map . Can you help?

My OH is more likely to find work in Brisbane CBD (I.T. man) however I might find work in say Redcliffe or Caboolture (anyone living in these areas? What are they like?)...would this be too far to commute to Brisbane for OH? How long would it take? Train/motorbike?
Or is there somewhere in between that is worth checking out to live in (got kids so schools V.important).
Any help, as always, much appreciated

Last edited by Babycatcher; Jan 15th 2007 at 11:14 am.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:07 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Distances....to commute to Brisbane

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
I have been planning the reccie trip and want to look at different options for living and working however I can't get a feel for the distances looking at the map . Can you help?

My OH is more likely to find work in Brisbane CBD (I.T. man) however I might find work in say Redcliffe or Caboolture (anyone living in these areas? WHat are they like?)...would this be too far to commute to Brisbane for OH? How long would it take? Train/motorbike?
Or is there somewhere in between that is worth checking out to live in (got kids so schools V.important).
would be interested in this. sorry for hijacking thread but how about enogerra to corinda?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Babycatcher

My OH is more likely to find work in Brisbane CBD (I.T. man) however I might find work in say Redcliffe or Caboolture (anyone living in these areas? What are they like?)...would this be too far to commute to Brisbane for OH? How long would it take? Train/motorbike?
Use www.whereis.com to calculate vehicle travel times.

WW
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Use www.whereis.com to calculate vehicle travel times.

WW
Or www.translink.com.au to calculate train times.

Its all personal opinion. I commute 40 minutes each way on the train. Thats ok, I think I could do a max of 1 hour each way. Anything beyond that is too much. But I know others who commute much further than that.

JTL
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Distances....to commute to Brisbane

personally I would not live in caboolture - it rightly or wrongly has a dodgy rep. However they said on tv tonight that it was a good place to invest in property so what do I know!
Redcliffe is a pleasent enough area (great for getting to the fantastic Moreton Island) and is a far better commute.
Not that I am biased but you should look at the bayside (Wellington Point, Cleveland etc.)30 mins to CBD on a good day, you won't get homesick either with all the uk imigrants allready here!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doub
personally I would not live in caboolture - it rightly or wrongly has a dodgy rep. However they said on tv tonight that it was a good place to invest in property so what do I know!!
Sounds like a few years ago when a Manly (Qld) real estate agent (or a group of them) placed a glossy lifestyle editorial ad in the Saturday Courier-Mail.

"Sleepy" Manly. "Quiet" Manly. "Close to Brisbane by Air-con train" Manly. etc etc.

End of quiet Manly. Boom time Manly and the prices soared as somany people tried to buy in.

Must have been the best investment that agent ever made.

WW
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Distances....to commute to Brisbane

did you know that the first ever Domino's Pizza was in Caboolture and for a few years it was the second highest grossing Domino's in the world (beaten every year by a store in Iceland!)

sorry, I just felt this forum needed that information

mark
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

We actually bought a Domino Pizza in Caboolture while over there on holiday, kids hated it. We actually like Caboolture/Morayfield area and are planning on settling there. Mind you we have loads of family there so that can make a huge difference. Caboolture about on average 45 mins in car to Brissie, but depending on traffic it did take us 1 1/2 hrs on a few occasions.