Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Distance from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane

Distance from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane

Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

jo-n-keith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Distance from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane

Does anyone communte from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane on a daily basis? How long does it take and whats the journey like?
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Distance from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane

Originally Posted by jo-n-keith
Does anyone communte from the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane on a daily basis? How long does it take and whats the journey like?
Depending on traffic you would want to give yourself at least an hour and half. All depends if you are going to the northside , centre or southside .

Paddy
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's about a 2 hour drive from Noosa to Brisbane
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aussie30
It's about a 2 hour drive from Noosa to Brisbane
Thats if your rich enough to live in Noosa

Paddy
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Thats if your rich enough to live in Noosa

Paddy
I wish I was! I'll never forget going there on holiday it was beautiful!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:35 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

You wouldn't commute it on a daily basis IMO
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

I used to do this commute from the bottom of Sunshine coast to Bowen Hills daily. Leaving at 6:15 am to get into work at 7:30 am. Traffic pretty fine until you hit Bald Hills at which point is much slower but not a crawl. However thats pretty early morning. 30 mins later it was far worse.

Plus pretty busy getting home again around 4pm. again it opens up after Bald Hills though. And again. leaving later made it far worse.

This was all about 3 - 4 years ago now though. There been additional road works on this Bruce highway since then around Burpengarry so maybe it flows better. But there's probably more traffic as well.

I did it for 6 months then changed to the train. the journey home was the killer. Driving was far worse as everyone wanted to get home. some very dangerous driving going on - even by SE Queensland standards.

Better yet get a job on the coast. now i have a 3 minute commute
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:46 am
Just Joined

Veekay is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Distance from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane

Both the road and train are getting busier as more people take advantage of the Sunshine Coast lifestyle. Many people do this trip each day but it can be wearing, particularly if you are living further north than Mooloolaba.

From Caloundra it's probably easier providing you enjoy driving.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 12:14 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys, from caloundra an hour and half at least, nudging 2 if realy busy... took me 2 and half to come back after broncos game the other day!

paddy u rich b***er lend me some money
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
hey guys, from caloundra an hour and half at least, nudging 2 if realy busy... took me 2 and half to come back after broncos game the other day!

paddy u rich b***er lend me some money
I wish Joey

I am in Little Mountain and havent even got a job so can you lend me some??

Paddy
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Hey, didn't you hear, the train arrives in 10 years time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...y-line-map.png