Reload this Page >

distance learning (childcare)

distance learning (childcare)

Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:27 pm
Banned

RossCountyLoyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default distance learning (childcare)

Hi All!

Hoping to gather a bit of advice on distance learning. Have searched the forum and can't find anything on what i'm loking for.

We are still in UK, have our visas and hoping to move over next year sometime. I have a place on a course here in uk for childcare, formerly known as NVQ level 2. Been in touch with Seek who recommend distance learning as i will need a certificate III gain employment in Oz.

Has anyone done this and how does the placement situation work from over here? I have sent these questions onto Seek but won't get a reply from them now until i get up tomorrow morning so hoping some can tell me a bit here before then.

Thanks in advance Tracy
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: distance learning (childcare)

not sure about distance learning but i understood Level2 (UK)was equivalent to Cert111 (Aus.). I'm sure they just cross over? I did my cert 111 here in Aus by distance learning with a firm called cengage(cengage.com.au) but I had to have an assessor come to my work for work placement so can't see how that will work if you are in UK.
I think if you've got time I'd go ahead with your level2 or even level 3 if you can, I found my cert 111 is only the basic qual here and you need the diploma,I think thats the equiv. of level3 in UK.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

These any good?

http://www.studychildcare.com.au/CHC..._Learning.html

http://www.seeklearning.com.au/tafe/...s-services.asp
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:37 pm
Banned

RossCountyLoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx Babs and Fish, very helpful. I will also wait and see what else Seek have to say.

tracy