Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Distance from Brisbane to Robina, GC?

Distance from Brisbane to Robina, GC?

Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:24 pm
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future
Default Distance from Brisbane to Robina, GC?

Hi,

We are currently getting quotes from shippers and have 99% decided to go with John Masons. However, the quote they have given me only allows for a delivery distance of 30 miles from the port. They have given me another quote for an allowance of 100 miles but this is an extra £100. I was just wondering if anyone could give me the approx distance between the two so I can assess whether I have to upgrade the distance.

Many Thanks

Emma
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

lian and jon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Distance from Brisbane to Robina, GC?

Originally Posted by Ginger1002
Hi,

We are currently getting quotes from shippers and have 99% decided to go with John Masons. However, the quote they have given me only allows for a delivery distance of 30 miles from the port. They have given me another quote for an allowance of 100 miles but this is an extra £100. I was just wondering if anyone could give me the approx distance between the two so I can assess whether I have to upgrade the distance.

Many Thanks

Emma
Hi Emma,

A useful site is:
http://www.mynrma.com.au/maps_maps_australia.asp

If you go to travel info and type in from and to it gives Brisbane to Robina as 82.73 Km and 1.13 hours, so I guess you need about 50 - 60 miles for the journey.

This is an amazing site as it has enable us to plan our east west trip through the tropics and Darwin in detail.

Regards,

Jon
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:15 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many Thanks

Emma
Hi there

I have just put Brissie Airport to Robina into my Tom Tom Sat Nav and it says 1 hour and 9 mins and a distance of 97.6 km's. Also it says there is a toll charge along the route.
Hope that helps.

Nei.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many Thanks

Emma
Emma, we are further south from Robina and went with John Mason. Although we are further than 30km or miles (can't remember what the paperwork said) Wridgways who will deal with your stuff this end, will not charge you anything extra. We went with the delivery address of 30 (no one mentioned the 100).

Presumably if your stuff was coming into Brissie but you were going to live hundreds of miles away, they would charge extra but not for the gold coast anyway. Certainly wouldn't bother upgrading.

JM are probably just covering themselves

Have to say they and Wridgways were brilliant from start to finish.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We had to do the upgrade and for the same price and that was to Robina as well.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
We had to do the upgrade and for the same price and that was to Robina as well.
Why didn't they charge us then Not complaining mind just confused.