Reload this Page >

Disposable Charcoal BBQs

Disposable Charcoal BBQs

Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

SarahandOli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Disposable Charcoal BBQs

Where can I buy them from??

They were on sale everywhere in the UK for £2-£3 but I haven't seen any in aus? - Do they have them out here or is it just the gas ones???
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disposable Charcoal BBQs

Originally Posted by SarahandOli
Where can I buy them from??

They were on sale everywhere in the UK for £2-£3 but I haven't seen any in aus? - Do they have them out here or is it just the gas ones???
The Aussie mans handbook clearly stipulates, in regard to BBQ"S: 'The bigger the better' and I doubt any bloke worth his salt would risk having the p*ss taken by turning a snag on a postage sized effort.

(Me thinks it's a bit of a Freudian thing - y'know...bloke with 'big car' thinks he's got a big d*ck, bloke in the rock band with a big guitar thinks hes got a big d*ck, etc etc )

(FWIW, they sell 'em in Bunnings - cook on 'em, throw 'em away, no cleaning 'em afterwards - great for the beach! )
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:12 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Every disposable BBQ I ever bought in the UK was rubbish. I ended up pouring two of them into one just to get enough heat to burn a few snags
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Every disposable BBQ I ever bought in the UK was rubbish. I ended up pouring two of them into one just to get enough heat to burn a few snags
Don't forget the bottle of lighter fluid poured liberally over the top and flavouring your snags in a less than delicate way......
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

aaaah - hadn't twigged the size thing - hmmm guess they are a bit on the small size - but perfect for a small bbq on the beach if it's just the two of you!!!

Right off to bunnings!

Cheers
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

That's a bit harsh on the uk ones - Have had many of them on Brighton beach - you just have to be patient for them to heat up, but once they get going they have a great flavour, not like these instant gas things!!!!

Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

That's a bit harsh on the uk ones - Have had many of them on Brighton beach - you just have to be patient for them to heat up, but once they get going they have a great flavour, not like these instant gas things!!!!

V.true, 'small but flavourful' <conjures up rude image in mind>, Mmm, I'm saying nothing else on this subject....
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:27 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by steandleigh
The Aussie mans handbook clearly stipulates, in regard to BBQ"S: 'The bigger the better' and I doubt any bloke worth his salt would risk having the p*ss taken by turning a snag on a postage sized effort.

(Me thinks it's a bit of a Freudian thing - y'know...bloke with 'big car' thinks he's got a big d*ck, bloke in the rock band with a big guitar thinks hes got a big d*ck, etc etc )

(FWIW, they sell 'em in Bunnings - cook on 'em, throw 'em away, no cleaning 'em afterwards - great for the beach! )
Bunnings is a good place to buy them.....
Bunnings is very very big in Australia

Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steandleigh
V.true, 'small but flavourful' <conjures up rude image in mind>, Mmm, I'm saying nothing else on this subject....
Excellent!!!!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:29 am
ABCDiamond

Just remember not to use charcoal etc., when the fire bans are on.
Only Gas & Electric are allowed then.

Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:44 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Just remember not to use charcoal etc., when the fire bans are on.
Only Gas & Electric are allowed then.

'Properly constructed BBQs' are allowed too.

So not anything I build , but we've had this conversation before, I think weber kettle charcoal bbqs are ok.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by A dogs life
but we've had this conversation before, I think weber kettle charcoal bbqs are ok.
We have

Can I have a barbecue During the Fire Danger Period ?
YES, providing:
An area of 3 metres all around and above the barbecue is completely cleared of all flammable material
A person* is in attendance at all times
The wind speed is less than 10kph (i.e. a light breeze that can be felt on the face and will rustle leaves on trees)
The fire is not lit within 7.5 metres of any log or stump

Can I have a barbecue On days of Total Fire Ban ?
All barbecues that use solid fuel such as wood, charcoal or briquettes are banned. This includes closed oven or kettle-type appliances.

but YES, providing:
It is electric or gas-fired
The barbecue is a fixed permanent structure
The area for 3 metres around and above the barbecue is completely cleared of flammable material

http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/restrictions/can.htm#cancant1