Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

That is disPICABLE!!! Not acceptaBALL!!

That is disPICABLE!!! Not acceptaBALL!!

Old May 31st 2005, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: That is disPICABLE!!! Not acceptaBALL!!

She's got a book out too, I saw it at Target. Sad part is, I will probably end up buying it one day.
Old May 31st 2005, 1:42 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

She cracks me up... I've suggested to Brian that we make a drinking game out of it. Every time she says "unasseptable" we swig...LOL

On a bright note, a lot of her suggestions and methods are sound. There was one kid a week or two back that was so bad I wanted to slap her!

Siren
Old May 31st 2005, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
She cracks me up... I've suggested to Brian that we make a drinking game out of it. Every time she says "unasseptable" we swig...LOL

Siren
What a fantastic idea. LOL! What about 2 swigs everytime someone is put on the naughty chair!
Old May 31st 2005, 2:02 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

And 3 everytime she refers to herself in the third person

"Jojo wants you to listen to your Mummy"
"Jojo is leaving now"
"Jojo needs to learn how to say 'I'"

Siren
Old May 31st 2005, 4:41 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Badge
Thing is, she has to come over as posh Mary Poppins, stiff upper lip, what, with the Yanks, in the same way she has to be a bit more Dick Van Dyke with the Londoners.

Badge

The Londoners have always preffered a bit more Dick.
Old May 31st 2005, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

On a bright note, a lot of her suggestions and methods are sound. There was one kid a week or two back that was so bad I wanted to slap her!

Siren
That programme is the greatest contraceptive. Expect the birth rate in Oz to drop even more as all us childless couples watch these little brats in horror and think, hmmm, lets just get another dog

JTL
Old May 31st 2005, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
That programme is the greatest contraceptive. Expect the birth rate in Oz to drop even more as all us childless couples watch these little brats in horror and think, hmmm, lets just get another dog

JTL
Lol! Thats true. The ones last night weren't too scary but there have been some little buggers who make the kid from the omen seem like a sweetie! I just wonder what the production team bribe them with to get them behaving by the end. (cynicle? me? Yup but I was a researcher on reality Tv once upon a time!)
Old May 31st 2005, 4:54 am

LOL!!

We already have 4 (that's contraceptive enough) but rest assured that the behavior of your children is tantamount to the effort YOU put in when they are little.
If you let things slide when they are young and give in to babyish behavior, crying and tantrums... it only gets worse. BUT if you teach them right from the beginning what is "asseptable" and what isn't, they turn out pretty wonderful!

Siren
Old May 31st 2005, 4:56 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate these programmes, all day with your own kids and then the SCREAMING coming form the telly :scared: I would seriously lock them in the garden.
The only problem is my 10 yr old daughter thinks it's histerical and screams nearly as loudly when i turn it off
Old May 31st 2005, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Lol! Thats true. The ones last night weren't too scary but there have been some little buggers who make the kid from the omen seem like a sweetie! I just wonder what the production team bribe them with to get them behaving by the end. (cynicle? me? Yup but I was a researcher on reality Tv once upon a time!)

Theres alot of TV 'magic' goes on in that programme. I mean, the one last week where she had to spend weeks with them, I can understand the genuine sadness about her leaving. But in the other ones, where she spends a day or two with them, and then there is tears all round as she leaves

And of course the dramatic improvement in the kids over a couple of days, hmmm, it took years for them to develop that behaviour, and we are supposed to believe, a couple of days with a nanny fixed it?

If only life were that easy.

JTL
Old May 31st 2005, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
And of course the dramatic improvement in the kids over a couple of days, hmmm, it took years for them to develop that behaviour, and we are supposed to believe, a couple of days with a nanny fixed it?

If only life were that easy.

JTL
Actually, you'd be surprised how quickly you can break a child of a bad habit as long as you're consistant.
Example: How many kids grab the stove-top TWICE? First time was pretty bad and they learn instantly "Don't do that, it hurts"
Same with bad behavior. If the consequence is unpleasant but good behavior is rewarded, they catch on pretty quick.

I need to stop now...LOL I'm starting to sound like SUPER NANNY *add echo effect*

Siren
Old May 31st 2005, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually, you'd be surprised how quickly you can break a child of a bad habit as long as you're consistant.
Example: How many kids grab the stove-top TWICE? First time was pretty bad and they learn instantly "Don't do that, it hurts"
Same with bad behavior. If the consequence is unpleasant but good behavior is rewarded, they catch on pretty quick.

I need to stop now...LOL I'm starting to sound like SUPER NANNY *add echo effect*

Siren
I still reckon the crew sedate them Although I'm sure it's fairly easy to correct a child's behaviour not sure whether it's so easy while having a production team running around the house, nervous parents peforming for the cameras and someone in hornrimmed glasses telling you that your behaviour is unasseptable!
Old May 31st 2005, 5:43 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
not sure whether it's so easy while having a production team running around the house, nervous parents peforming for the cameras and someone in hornrimmed glasses telling you that your behaviour is unasseptable!
Un-Co, got to say the way you put it it sounds like a family BBQ when uncle fred has video camera out :scared:
Old May 31st 2005, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by louise4
Un-Co, got to say the way you put it it sounds like a family BBQ when uncle fred has video camera out :scared:
LOl! That'd probably be better quality than some of the shows I worked on
Old May 31st 2005, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Maybe the woman has a speech impediment? I'm not appreciating anyone taking the mickey out of this girl who I think is very brave to get out there and make all those idiots who've got millions of stupid theories about raising children take their words and eat them. Yes, it's reality TV so probably it's not "real", but she's got very sensible, common-sense ideas, this nanny, and I know for a fact, having raised three children myself, that what she does works. What REALLY gets me is how stupid parents can be. I can't believe some of the stuff she's had to say to some of those parents :scared: Have they completely lost all sense? Surely even the stupidest of us all can work out that children manipulate parents if they're not on the same page? And even I know that no small child should be allowed to run in the road by himself, or smash windows nilly willy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.