Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

That is disPICABLE!!! Not acceptaBALL!!

That is disPICABLE!!! Not acceptaBALL!!

Old May 30th 2005, 1:29 pm
Badge

Default That is disPICABLE!!! Not acceptaBALL!!

All the radio channels in Melbourne are all taking the piss out of the English girl in SuperNanny. ABC mentioned it tonight!

I've realised it's not just her, it's partly that Estuary English SE/London accent.
Even the girl she was helping out had that sort of accent too.

Makes you realise how unused to English accents you've become since being in Australia. They sound so weird.

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: That is disPICABLE!!! Not acceptaBALL!!

Originally Posted by Badge
All the radio channels in Melbourne are all taking the piss out of the English girl in SuperNanny. ABC mentioned it tonight!

I've realised it's not just her, it's partly that Estuary English SE/London accent.

Makes you realise how unused to English accents you've become since being in Australia. They sound so weird.

Badge

Your damn right. Its not asseptable
Old May 30th 2005, 1:37 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Muzza04
Your damn right. Its not asseptable
That's the go. It's more of an "assep", isn't it? Joking aside, I may have saved myself hours of torment by learning all the 'naughty corner' tricks, baby is on the way so hopefully we can start from scratch

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, she just can't say acceptable. Thats not asseptable is it

My kids are driving me nuts with it
Old May 30th 2005, 1:39 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by hevs
Nah, she just can't say acceptable. Thats not asseptable is it

My kids are driving me nuts with it
Better than me saying TRY-OLOGY mate.

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:41 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Better than me saying TRY-OLOGY mate.

Badge
Bloody southerners
Old May 30th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Badge

I think the aussie press/media have been put out by this. The aussie nanny/au pair has been affronted coz they think their own are best. Not forgetting that there are plenty of aussie nannies employed in UK and worldwide based on the reputation of Oz being the most family orientated nation.

Is it a myth?
Old May 30th 2005, 1:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I think the aussie press/media have been put out by this. The aussie nanny/au pair has been affronted coz they think their own are best.
Nothing new there then
Old May 30th 2005, 1:49 pm
Badge

I think the aussie press/media have been put out by this. The aussie nanny/au pair has been affronted coz they think their own are best. Not forgetting that there are plenty of aussie nannies employed in UK and worldwide based on the reputation of Oz being the most family orientated nation.

Is it a myth?
Eh? really? - I had no idea aussie au pairs were so highly regarded - I think that Aussies like to see real English people and like all the weird accents. It's no skin of their nose, really? They probably think many of us talk like Hugh Grant.

B

Old May 30th 2005, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

What me an the wifey Mrs JTL av notised, is in the orignal few eposise when she was dealin wif americans, her voice went all posh like, but then when she went to deal with some scousers, and ovver english types, her accent just deteriorate somefing rotten.

Tonite she was a bit betta. Wif the twins, ya know, cos they wuz 'merican

JTL
Old May 30th 2005, 1:56 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
What me an the wifey Mrs JTL av notised, is in the orignal few eposise when she was dealin wif americans, her voice went all posh like, but then when she went to deal with some scousers, and ovver enlgish types, her accent just deteriorate somefing rotten.

Tonite she was a bit betta. Wif the twins, ya know, cos they wuz 'merican

JTL
Thing is, she has to come over as posh Mary Poppins, stiff upper lip, what, with the Yanks, in the same way she has to be a bit more Dick Van Dyke with the Londoners.

Badge

Old May 30th 2005, 1:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Thing is, she has to come over as posh Mary Poppins, stiff upper lip, what, with the Yanks, in the same way she has to be a bit more Dick Van Dyke with the Londoners.

Badge
LOL, i've got a vision in my head of "Jojo" wearing tweed and gayly dancing with an umberella singing maybe its becaaaase i'm a lanhdoner..........

On that note, night folks
Old May 30th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eh? really? - I had no idea aussie au pairs were so highly regarded - I think that Aussies like to see real English people and like all the weird accents. It's no skin of their nose, really? They probably think many of us talk like Hugh Grant.

B

this nanny business is big in uk. What with both parents working ( for need or desire, I dont know). Know of 2 aussies been asked back to UK,( after being there on their 1-2 year sabbatical, etc) are on good salaries with free accomodation and free use of family vehicle plus other perks thrown in.
There is demand for aussie nannies in the uk.
Old May 30th 2005, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

There is demand for aussie nannies in the uk.
Yeah, the 'fit' ones. Theres a drought of swedish au pairs at the mo.

JTL
Old May 30th 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yeah, the 'fit' ones. Theres a drought of swedish au pairs at the mo.

JTL
20 month old Littlen is having lots of fun in the 'naughty room' - it's where some of our empty boxes are stored.

After the requisite 90 seconds we found him playing merrily in a box when we went to get him. Now when we tell him he will go to the naughty room if he repeats certain 'unasseptable' behaviour he looks pretty cheerful about the prospect

Keep asking Mr J to threaten me with it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.