Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Disinfecting - what a palaver!

Disinfecting - what a palaver!

Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:14 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Unhappy Disinfecting - what a palaver!

We have had our paperwork through today from PSS informing us of our moving date and ship name, sailing dates etc.

Within this paperwork there was a paragraph on the cleaning of "outdoor" items. We have to declare everything that we've steamed, cleaned and disinfected and sign to say that we have done so. BUT it states that all disinfecting has to be done using an approved MAFF disinfectant. The only one that's on the list that we can get our hands on is Jeyes, yuck!!!

Has anyone else come across this and if so, what did you use? It's alright to say to use these things but then when you try and find them you can't.

Be interested to hear any of your comments on this.

Lorraine
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disinfecting - what a palaver!

The guy from PSS we saw suggested some stuff which we have got but not used yet - still need to sell the house - damn I am getting sooooo bored of saying that - anyway it's a powder you mix with water, can't remember the name but when I go outside I will check it out. You can get from your local animal feed/horse supply type place - must be somewhere like that near you. Hopefully it doesn't smell as bad as Jeyes I think as long as you have all mud and organic stuff off your outdoor stuff and shoes you will be fine. The odd bit of grease is ok.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:14 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

I must be weird, I love the smell of jeyes fluid, ever since I was pregnant with my eldest daughter !!! Hated it before then...

Carole ( only a bit strange honestly)
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:48 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
I must be weird, I love the smell of jeyes fluid, ever since I was pregnant with my eldest daughter !!! Hated it before then...

Carole ( only a bit strange honestly)
I know where you're coming from. I don't mind it in small doses. Not sure my golf shoes are happy about it though
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:55 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Disinfecting - what a palaver!

Originally Posted by wmoore
I know where you're coming from. I don't mind it in small doses. Not sure my golf shoes are happy about it though
I dont think our kids are looking forward to it either ! ! !

R.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:27 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The guy from PSS we saw suggested some stuff which we have got but not used yet - still need to sell the house - damn I am getting sooooo bored of saying that - anyway it's a powder you mix with water, can't remember the name but when I go outside I will check it out. You can get from your local animal feed/horse supply type place - must be somewhere like that near you. Hopefully it doesn't smell as bad as Jeyes I think as long as you have all mud and organic stuff off your outdoor stuff and shoes you will be fine. The odd bit of grease is ok.

Be greatful if you could let us know what it is please?

stu
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:36 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Carruss

R.

You don't need to clean the kids with it honest.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 8:50 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Originally Posted by Bordy
You don't need to clean the kids with it honest.
God there are times i would like to though!....

Stu
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:35 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carruss

R.
PMSL !
That's class
Carole
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
Be greatful if you could let us know what it is please?

stu
I think you can get it from the larger garden centres - I used to use it for sterilizing the greenhouse - dont forget to dilute it properly or it will rot just about anything. I aslo expect B&Q will have it - thats where I am trying first tomorrow - we are also at that stage