Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Disinfectant, cleansers

Disinfectant, cleansers

Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Louis Roi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Disinfectant, cleansers

Hi, anyone knows where can I find a list of approved disinfectants to be used for cleaning shoes, tools, garden tools and the like? I've read that most used jeyes fluid but we are currently in Singapore and it's not available here.

Last edited by Louis Roi; Aug 25th 2006 at 1:57 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disinfectant, cleansers

Originally Posted by Louis Roi
Hi, anyone knows where can I find a list of approved disinfectants to be used for cleaning shoes, tools, garden tools and the like? I've read that most used jeyes fluid but we are currently in Singapore and it's now available here.
I really wouldn't know - was going to say Jeyes then saw you were in Singapore - there must be someone out there who knows
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:34 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Cool Re: Disinfectant, cleansers

Originally Posted by Louis Roi
Hi, anyone knows where can I find a list of approved disinfectants to be used for cleaning shoes, tools, garden tools and the like? I've read that most used jeyes fluid but we are currently in Singapore and it's not available here.
Were in Dubai and have the same problem.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:42 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We used Virkon-S which we purchased from a horse supplier shop. I found this web site and hope it helps:- http://www.daff.gov.au/content/outpu...38335FAC5022F1

Lorraine
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't worry about it. We bought both Jeyes and Virkon but in the end used water and washing up liquid, dry brushed first and then cleaned, Any tools or bikes etc, we dry brushed to remove any dried dirt, wiped with damp cloth and then wiped again with WD40 or similar.

You don't need to do anything more than that, in my humble opinion anyway. All of our stuff was passed no problem.