Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Disgruntled Family Members!!

Disgruntled Family Members!!

Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:35 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Default Disgruntled Family Members!!

:scared: Has anyone else suffered the wrath of mother in law or other family members because of your decision to emigrate??

My mother in Law has not spoken to me for nearly 18 months!!

Anyone else in same boat??

Jayne
Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Bodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really nice
Default Re: Disgruntled Family Members!!

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
Lucky bugger.

But seriously, this seems to be a very common theme. Do what's right for you, and if they can't accept that, I think they've got some issues.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:29 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Disgruntled Family Members!!

*SNAP*

Do I care, not in the slightest. One of the best things thats ever happened since we got together.

She only lives just over an hours drive away and I cant wait until its a 24 hour flight ! ! !

R.

Last edited by Carruss; Apr 11th 2005 at 6:54 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Carruss]

[/QUOTE

*SNAP*

Do I care, not in the slightest. One of the best things thats ever happened since we got together.

She only lives just over an hours drive away and I cant wait until its a 24 hour flight ! ! !

R.
ROFL

Hubby's MIL lives 10 mins from us. Roll on Gold Coast. She is 80 in May, We are fervently hoping she thinks she is too old for a trip to Aus. Can't be doing with her for half an hour in my house now let alone four weeks :scared: :scared: .
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

My in-laws are still talking to me, but their not exactly raving about our move.

I hate when the topic of australia comes up as I feel so guilty about dragging their 'little boy' away from them!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
My in-laws are still talking to me, but their not exactly raving about our move.

I hate when the topic of australia comes up as I feel so guilty about dragging their 'little boy' away from them!
We told father in law last september and he said "what ever you think son" not been discussed since although trhings are otherwise fine!!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:22 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: Has anyone else suffered the wrath of mother in law or other family members because of your decision to emigrate??

Jayne

Could be worse - my in-laws are coming too! :scared:

No , that's not fair - they are actually fantastic and if there is something said that I would rather not hear I just cover my ears! After 12 years of marriage I am immune to it anyway!

(At least we won't have to worry about babysitters when we get to Australia! )

And I am very fortunate that my parents appear to have taken it so well - I would hate them to think that I am choosing my hubby's parents over my own. I am very lucky to have their support.

Binbird
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:35 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by binbird
Could be worse - my in-laws are coming too! :scared:

No , that's not fair - they are actually fantastic and if there is something said that I would rather not hear I just cover my ears! After 12 years of marriage I am immune to it anyway!

(At least we won't have to worry about babysitters when we get to Australia! )

And I am very fortunate that my parents appear to have taken it so well - I would hate them to think that I am choosing my hubby's parents over my own. I am very lucky to have their support.

Binbird
It's been about a month since our families were told and they have only mentioned tha "A" (Australia) word once.....well they seem to be coming round a bit....!!!!!
Well as I see it its upto them to get used to the idea...
CORKER
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
ROFL

Hubby's MIL lives 10 mins from us. Roll on Gold Coast. She is 80 in May, We are fervently hoping she thinks she is too old for a trip to Aus. Can't be doing with her for half an hour in my house now let alone four weeks :scared: :scared: .

Hubby's MIL
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:37 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

My mother & father in law blame me for taking her precious son & grandchildren from them,everything was fine between us all,i had no idea they felt this bitter about me.until a few days before we were set to leave, although we knew they were,nt happy about us going to Oz,

I have been labelled as a "pure evil posionous witch" amongst others all infront of my kids (their grandkids) ,their outburst spoilt our last few days left in the UK & neither of them have had the decency to appoligise to this day & still they phone here & chat away as if they have done nothing wrong

Needless to say i have,nt spoken to either of them since & have no intentions of doing so.

Donna.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madsad
My mother & father in law blame me for taking her precious son & grandchildren from them,everything was fine between us all,i had no idea they felt this bitter about me.until a few days before we were set to leave, although we knew they were,nt happy about us going to Oz,

I have been labelled as a "pure evil posionous witch" amongst others all infront of my kids (their grandkids) ,their outburst spoilt our last few days left in the UK & neither of them have had the decency to appoligise to this day & still they phone here & chat away as if they have done nothing wrong

Needless to say i have,nt spoken to either of them since & have no intentions of doing so.

Donna.
Tried to give you Karma, Donna but I gotta spread it first!

Sorry to hear that they put you all through that right before you left. Family can be just so insensitive at times.

I didnt quite get that from my MIL when I took Hubby back to Oz in the lead up. However at the airport she put on a hell of a show!

For 10 years, this woman hardly ever made time for Hubby as she left Hubby and FIL with my SIL about 10 yrs ago now. Then, just as we are heading for the gate in the airport, she starts wailing and throwing herself on the ground sobbing overly loudly.

Hubby was beside himself. Didnt know what to do. The whole way to Oz he was so torn, wondering if he had done the right thing. Up until the airport, he was having no second thoughts. Her actions and selfishness totally confused him and made him feel like perhaps there was a reason to stay. I know that if we did stay in the UK, it would go back to the way it was. He wouldnt see her unless she wanted something from him.

Families can suck!!

Hels
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:56 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Hello to all fellow 'In Law' sufferers!!

I have been with Andy for over 12 years now. My own mother has always been a bit useless in the family stakes - babysitting always a chore! But Mother in Law was always very happy to help out, more of a mother to me than my own.

Then came the moment of telling MIL that we intended to emigrate to Australia!! :scared: Oh my God!! All hell let loose! I too was accused of taking her son to the other side of the world along with her grandchildren!! I could have understood a little bit of upsetness as Andy is her only son. But blimey, there is nothing worse than a MIL scorned. Arghhhhh!

Anyway, needless to say MIL & I have not spoken since. And I never intend friendly banter again. Its nice to know that I am not the only one.

Jayne
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:22 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to all fellow 'In Law' sufferers!!

I have been with Andy for over 12 years now. My own mother has always been a bit useless in the family stakes - babysitting always a chore! But Mother in Law was always very happy to help out, more of a mother to me than my own.

Jayne
Just had to respond again due to all the scary similarities:

I'm married to an 'Andy' (12 years in July) and my Mum has never had the kids to stay for more than a couple of hours and never over night. The in-laws, on the other hand, have had the children countless times, the odd week or fortnight here or there and they have even taken them abroad! What is it with our Mums?!

Binbird
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:06 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Jayne
Haven't experienced this one yet, but, I'm waiting for the day that the shit hits the fan. My mother inlaw says she just wants her kids to be happy, but, she has this evil look in her eye sometimes. I reckon the leaving day will be an interesting day. I been training my self for the walking stick battering, watched all the karate kid movies so I'm hoping I'll be ready for the fight.
Jim
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Hah! Mine MIL isn't talking to me because I have move back to the u.k Good init?

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.