Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Discount Hotels in Oz and NZ

Discount Hotels in Oz and NZ

Old May 29th 2003, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

JohnD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Discount Hotels in Oz and NZ

Have a look at www.wotif.com. This is primarily a discount hotel web site for Oz and NZ, but it also includes other cities around the world.

Last winter, me and my better half toured Oz and NZ and used this site for all our hotels as we travelled. Sometimes booking the hotel at 8.30pm at an internet cafe then checking in at 9.00pm, just 30 mins later!

The service is great, don't have to register, just get on-line with your credit card and almost instantly your hotel room has been confirmed by wotif.

Will never book a hotel weeks in advance again.

Hope this helps.

John
Old May 30th 2003, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also worth a look is Australia Travel Marketing Car hire, hotels, tours etc.

Or for furnished houses to stay when migrating (perth) take a look at Accomodation
Old May 30th 2003, 1:55 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

We used YHAs and cabins in caravan parks when we toured the East coast. Quality varies but the Central YHA in Sydney was quite good. Caravan cabins range from a static van type thing to 2 bedroom / spa bathroom places (Rainbow Beach. Mount Morgan and the place near Steve's Zoo that I cant remember the name of.....)

Slightly off thread but try camping in the National Parks as well - Crowdy Bay was anything but crowdy - empty beach, roos outside your tent, fantastic!