Reload this Page >

Disaster Has Stuck!!

Disaster Has Stuck!!

Old May 2nd 2003, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Disaster Has Stuck!!

Hi Everybody,
At this moment in time I am numb, I have just got off the phone from our 457 sponsors Drake Medox who have sponsored my partner Clare as a Radiographer. They have informed me that basically their office in Brisbane has collapsed and they at this moment in time stuggling to find work for her anywhere!

She has advised me to see if we can get another agency or hospital to take over the 457, we have actually had the visa since January!

To be honest I do not have a clue to the best way round this, she seems to think we won,t have to go through the same procedures again, but to be honest, I don't know what to believe? If there is anybody out there with a medical backgound who thinks thay can help please do so! At this moment in time 01:20 am GMT I can honestly say I feel like crying, but I am determined not to let this shatter our dream.

If there is a way through this I hope one of you can help!

Regards
Gary&Clare
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:47 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disaster Has Stuck!!

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi Everybody,
At this moment in time I am numb, I have just got off the phone from our 457 sponsors Drake Medox who have sponsored my partner Clare as a Radiographer. They have informed me that basically their office in Brisbane has collapsed and they at this moment in time stuggling to find work for her anywhere!

She has advised me to see if we can get another agency or hospital to take over the 457, we have actually had the visa since January!

To be honest I do not have a clue to the best way round this, she seems to think we won,t have to go through the same procedures again, but to be honest, I don't know what to believe? If there is anybody out there with a medical backgound who thinks thay can help please do so! At this moment in time 01:20 am GMT I can honestly say I feel like crying, but I am determined not to let this shatter our dream.

If there is a way through this I hope one of you can help!

Regards
Gary&Clare
Sorry, don't know anything about htis but looked up and found these for you if any help.

http://www.healthposts.com.au/asp/resultlist.asp

http://www.workinhealth.com/vacancies/shjob.asp?jid=738
Old May 2nd 2003, 2:06 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

eeek! I was thinking of going through Drake Medox for Nursing :-(

What about going thru a hospital direct? Or I think Melbourne sponsors some healthcare professionals like physio,O.T, radiographers and nurses...
If you try and get some of your documentation back from Drake Medox you might be able to transfer directly...Ring up some agencies...

There seems to be loads of radiographer jobs ...

try http://www.healthposts.com.au/asp/re....asp?state=qld

http://www.healthstaffrecruitment.co...andmedical.htm

http://www1.choice.net.au/Jobs/jobindex.asp?CATID=2

Hope this helps,
Siobhan x
Old May 2nd 2003, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, have had a look around for you and have you tried www.radiography-locums.com they have links to over 30 locum agencies dealing with radiodgraphers.
One agency that does keep popping up is Beresford Blake Thomas.
Are you dead set on going to Brisbane or are you restricted as to where you could go?

It might be worth cold-calling some hospitals over there and basically asking them to sponsor your girlfriend without using an agency.

Other than this I don't really know what to say. Hope this may have been some help.

Let us know how you go on.
Old May 2nd 2003, 3:22 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi gary and claire,

im sorry about your predicament...
when i was looking at job sites yesterday evening i saw several radiographers posts, but they were for Western Aus.
Hope you can get it sorted..

keep us informed..good luck
Old May 2nd 2003, 4:30 pm
SuB

Hi Gary and Clare,

Try Choice One agency on- WWW.choiceone.com.au

They sponsor nurses and physios etc, but unsure about radiographers, but worth a try

SuB