Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DISASTER!could only happen to us?!

DISASTER!could only happen to us?!

Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:35 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation DISASTER!could only happen to us?!

Hi Guys!
House went up for sale last Monday!
Weeks before decorated,re-painted,de-cluttered& cleaned to obsessive levels
Was Hubby & youngest daughters birthday today!! so had planned a day out at Louden Castle,kids have been on a high all week(hubby too!!) leading up to it.
Awoke this morning,done the usuall birthday stuff,then decided to all get shifted,iwent for a shower,hubby went next, then son went for one.
I proceeded to get ready-hairdried etc..kids running about daft!,hubby went down stairs to find water pouring through kitchen ceiling!! ******* fan bloody tastic timing!!:scared:
All our hardwork was in puddles on the kitchen floor!
Absolute nightmare trying to get a plumber,you have to be swimming out the bloody door before they consider coming out.
Time ticking away ,kids upset incase day out is cancelled-mayhem!
Finally got a plumber out-NEVER get B&Q to install a new bathroom guys,we,ve had endless hassle.
Problem sorted(for now?)coming back on Tue to re-seal bath.
Ditched painting tools ect...now have to buy more & start again Kitchen ceiling an utter mess!i suppose its a blessing the ceiling hallogen lights havent blown up:scared:
Its only a matter of time?
Feeling such a shit as hubby went on & on about a bubble on kitchen ceiling(so i re-sealed the bath)i was so fecked off about him going on & on about the ceiling falling through,told him to stop being so bloody paranoid the ceilings hardly going to fall through the first week we put the house up for sale?
I am now eating humble birthday cake!

Here goes for another week of hard work & frustration,into the bargain have to put viewers off until Thur at least.
A very fecked of wife!!
Donna.
ps..Went to Louden Castle-had a great day & sun was splitting the trees!!
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DISASTER!could only happen to us?!

Originally posted by madsad
Feeling such a shit as hubby went on & on about a bubble on kitchen ceiling(so i re-sealed the bath)i was so fecked off about him going on & on about the ceiling falling through,told him to stop being so bloody paranoid the ceilings hardly going to fall through the first week we put the house up for sale?
I am now eating humble birthday cake!
Please don't make any more predictions!
What a nightmare. Trying to find a positive angle for you and erm ... the best I came up with is that at least it's just gone up For Sale and it hasn't happened when you've accepted an offer (then for it to .. ahem .. fall through).

At least you had a good day out
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Things things are sent to try us eh?? You sound pretty sane considering it all!

I hope it all get sorted soon and that the sun keeps shining in England, that always makes things seem better.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:00 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Please don't make any more predictions!
What a nightmare. Trying to find a positive angle for you and erm ... the best I came up with is that at least it's just gone up For Sale and it hasn't happened when you've accepted an offer (then for it to .. ahem .. fall through).

At least you had a good day out
Thanx for you reply x
I think i should listen to hubby at times?!funny thing is we seem to get gut feelings about these things & they almost come true everytime:lecture: I was just so fed up with hubby goin on (like a sweetie wife) i shot him down in flames!!
Will take him more seriously in future-promise!
Donna.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:04 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

"Did your wife show you a good time on your birthday ?"

"Yeah, it felt like the ceiling fell in"
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:11 pm

Originally posted by tinaj
Things things are sent to try us eh?? You sound pretty sane considering it all!

I hope it all get sorted soon and that the sun keeps shining in England, that always makes things seem better.
SANE??!!lost the plot long a go!!kids & all that!
But yeah, wasnt the end of the world,least it can be fixed-eventually!
Its just such a shit it happens on the one day you have something else planned& to happen on hubby & daughters birthday is a double dunter!
When we went to grandmas it started raining,but went ahead anyway,(packed rain jackets etc..) half way to Louden Castle sun started shinning & lifted everybodys mood!All came home with sun burn!
Donna.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:13 pm

Originally posted by Bix
"Did your wife show you a good time on your birthday ?"

"Yeah, it felt like the ceiling fell in"
Not yet!!
Donna.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:02 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Madsad

OMG!!! Poor you lot...

We've had the estate agents here taking pictures to put the house on the market, since when it looks like the nice tree in our garden has decided to die!!!!!:scared:

With your problem - have you phoned the insurance people yet?

From their ads on tv it seems you would have plumbers & decorators at your door within minutes of a call, so YOU wouldn't have to start again with the decorating -they'd do it all for you.

Get that policy out now - they have 24hr service usually.

Good luck - fingers crossed for the sale asap.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:08 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell Donna

Just noticed this thread, sounds like you're having about as much luck as us!! Keep ya chin up and good luck with the sale

Walla
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:14 am

Originally posted by arnie2oz
Hiya Madsad

OMG!!! Poor you lot...

We've had the estate agents here taking pictures to put the house on the market, since when it looks like the nice tree in our garden has decided to die!!!!!:scared:

With your problem - have you phoned the insurance people yet?

From their ads on tv it seems you would have plumbers & decorators at your door within minutes of a call, so YOU wouldn't have to start again with the decorating -they'd do it all for you.

Get that policy out now - they have 24hr service usually.

Good luck - fingers crossed for the sale asap.
We have house insurance,but never used it! because of the hassle involved & it would probably take longer to mend the work needed done-so i am probably quicker just getting on with re-decorating myself? but i will look out the policy & see whats involved in making a claim.
Sorry about your tree!
Do you have your "For Sale" sign up yet?
We are still waiting on ours! even though photos have been taken & house is displayed in estate agents window?
Donna.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:46 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

NO NO NO!!! That's the whole point of all the horrid premiums we pay...USE IT!!! You may be surprised at how things get done. Sorry this has happened to you, it's the last bloody thing you need!

Take care
Lucy
Old Aug 1st 2004, 2:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by arnie2oz
Actually that happened to us too. Three lovely conifer type doobry's (not green-fingered) just went a lovely copper colour the week we put the house up. Thankfuly, they look a nice colour and don't actually look ded (yet) so I just played dumb when we showed people round!

Last edited by wmoore; Aug 1st 2004 at 2:18 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 2:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by lucyb
NO NO NO!!! That's the whole point of all the horrid premiums we pay...USE IT!!! You may be surprised at how things get done.
Definately. Only had to use ours once (thankfully) and they were ace.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

sumpti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by madsad
We have house insurance,but never used it! because of the hassle involved & it would probably take longer to mend the work needed done-so i am probably quicker just getting on with re-decorating myself? but i will look out the policy & see whats involved in making a claim.
Sorry about your tree!
Do you have your "For Sale" sign up yet?
We are still waiting on ours! even though photos have been taken & house is displayed in estate agents window?
Donna.
defo give your insurance company a ring..........they can be pretty quick, especially if you explain to them......... good luck!
Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

OMG Donna,
so sorry to hear your bad news, hope that you get it sorted really soon mate,
hugs
Rach x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.