Disaster!!!!!

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disaster!!!!!

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
This might just work....?
Scoop it up and put it in a sieve.
Over a bowl, pour boiling water through the marmite and glass.
This should dissolve the marmite so it passes through with the water, leaving the glass in the sieve.
In your bowl you'll have a hot watery marmite concoction.
Stick it in the fridge.
As it cools the water won't be able to hold on to the marmite and the brown stuff will sink to the bottom?
Ladle out the water and you'll be left with the precious marmite.
You're insane
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:18 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Un-Co
You're insane
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

JAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant future

Don't chance it.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I hope you have ambulance cover. Or it could cost you more than a jar of marmite to get fixed up.

Katie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
I wonder if Mensa has a forum?? We could ask the geniuses (or should that geniei - the fact that I don't know probably means I'm not one! ) whether they would strain glass and marmite through a sieve...

By the way, sorry about your marmite Brisnick - but I think you may have to say goodbye to this jar

Last edited by Un-Co; Jun 8th 2005 at 6:31 am.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:04 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i thought about microwaving it until it's runny as hell, and then pouring through a sieve. it gets pretty runny in 40°C in the summer, so..........

i think i saved a whole lot by not taking all the way out to the edge where the shards were. i just think i may have got one little bit in. i guess i'll find out tonight when i survey the scene of destruction.

and in queensland, if you have electricity you have ambulance cover, so i'm safe there. even this place say glass shards are not good http://www.shardsoglass.com/

i just find it difficult to throw marmite away. i even lick out an empty jar before i can throw it!!

Originally Posted by Un-Co
I wonder if Mensa has a forum?? We could ask the geniuses (or should that geniei - the fact that I don't know probably means I'm not one! ) whether they would strain glass and marmite through a sieve...

By the way, sorry about your marmite Brisnick - but I think you may have to say goodbye to this jar
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I got a leaflet in the doctors surgery saying you are not covered for treatment in the ambulance. I asked my doctor and he said in Queensland you do need extra cover or they could charge you a fortune even though you pay something in with your leccie bill. We are covered by private health insurance.

Katie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:26 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

but i'm covered for the ambulance to take me to hospital where i can get free treatment (i have private health anyway to avoid the medicare levy surcharge)

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I got a leaflet in the doctors surgery saying you are not covered for treatment in the ambulance. I asked my doctor and he said in Queensland you do need extra cover or they could charge you a fortune even though you pay something in with your leccie bill. We are covered by private health insurance.

Katie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:39 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by brisnick
and in queensland, if you have electricity you have ambulance cover, so i'm safe there.
Actually, even if you don't have electricity you are still covered

Interesting point from Katie, that needs further investigation.

Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:44 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

From Qld Ambulance

From 1 July 2003, all Queensland residents have been automatically covered for the cost of emergency ambulance services anywhere, anytime, across Australia.

Community Ambulance Cover replaced the Queensland Ambulance Service Subscription Scheme and ambulance transport charges to spread the cost across the community of providing ambulance services.

A charge has been included on electricity accounts from 1 July 2003 to fund this life-saving service. Electricity retailers and suppliers collect the charge on behalf of the Government using the retailers’ existing billing arrangements. Exemptions are available. Click here for further information on exemptions.

The rate from 1 July 2005 is a daily charge of 25.356 cents a day, or $92.55 for the full financial year. Click here for a listing of the rates levied since the commencement of the scheme. The rate is adjusted annually in line with the Australian Bureau of Statistics Capital Cities Consumer Price Index for Brisbane for the year to 31 March (CPI). The rates for the financial year commencing 1 July 2005 reflect a 2.6% increase in the CPI.

The Community Ambulance Cover levy applies to separate areas in a building able to receive on-supplied electricity unless the occupant is exempt. Click here to find out more about on-supply arrangements.

Community Ambulance Cover is not a 'user-pays' system for ambulance services. No matter who pays for the electricity supplied to your business or household, every Queenslander is automatically covered for the cost of ambulance services nationwide from 1 July 2003.

All funds raised through the Community Ambulance Cover levy go to funding the ambulance service.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jun 8th 2005 at 7:47 am.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

I know that the leaflet I got was from Queensland ambulance service, and they were looking extra money to be covered. Maybe it is if they have to help you in the ambulance, ie give you oxygen, cpr, etc, before you get to the free care in the hospital.

Katie
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:58 am
Badge

Shards are lethal, I still have the scars on my thumb from where I lacerated it.

Many years ago I bit in to a pint glass to try and eat a bit - the idea is that you crunch a *tiny* bit in to a fine crystalised mess before swallowing as demonstrated before it was my turn.

I did not get past first base as the bloody glass exploded in my hand

badge

the things you do when you're a young lad!!

Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Shards are lethal, I still have the scars on my thumb from where I lacerated it.

Many years ago I bit in to a pint glass to try and eat a bit - the idea is that you crunch a *tiny* bit in to a fine crystalised mess before swallowing as demonstrated before it was my turn.

I did not get past first base as the bloody glass exploded in my hand

badge

the things you do when you're a young lad!!
:scared:
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just throw the lot away and buy vegemite. Far superior stuff to manky marmite.

Badge - presumably (and hopefully) you were young and drunk at the time.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

I have to disagree, vegemite is rotten. I have tried to like it but can't.

Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.