Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIMIA Xmas Break?

DIMIA Xmas Break?

Old Dec 5th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default DIMIA Xmas Break?

Does anyone know if DIMIA closes for a long Christmas break? If so, when does it start and for how long??

I'm wondering whether to wait until they come back from their break before sending our visa application off? I don't want it burried beneath tons of untended post for days on end

Karen
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIMIA Xmas Break?

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Does anyone know if DIMIA closes for a long Christmas break? If so, when does it start and for how long??

I'm wondering whether to wait until they come back from their break before sending our visa application off? I don't want it burried beneath tons of untended post for days on end

Karen

Er when were you going to send it in if you don't send it now??? Cause if they are having a long break for xmas then it';ll prob take them months to sort themselves out, it sounds like all the time they take to actually get to the applications they must be doing one application then having a million cups of tea etc before tehy start the next
Shall we all apply to work for them ?????? then the applications would get processed faster cause they're obviously short staffed and with costs for doing just our part of the PR visa we could do with the extra money.

Jen
Old Dec 5th 2006, 9:10 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just send it. I'm sure its really quite organised and the sooner it gets there, the sooner you can start waiting for a CO.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:39 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: DIMIA Xmas Break?

I'm guessing that DIMA in Oz will have a longer period of being understaffed as most people take time off over Xmas/New Year there.

What I'm wondering is whether DIMA in the UK take a long break too as I'm just about to send my application off to the London office.

Buzzy
Old Dec 6th 2006, 5:45 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I think I remember reading somewhere that Australian commonwealth employees are entitled to both local holidays and the holidays they would have got if they were based in Canberra. So they could celebrate the Queen's birthday in the UK even if the locals didn't!

If this is an urban myth, sorry!
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:18 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm I don't know but would be interested in the reply...
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks.

I'm able to answer my own question now ! From what I have gleaned so far they seem to only have the Aus Bank Holidays and nothing 'extra' therefore they are closed for the following dates: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Additional Holiday 27 December & New Year’s Day.

Karen
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:32 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I'm able to answer my own question now ! From what I have gleaned so far they seem to only have the Aus Bank Holidays and nothing 'extra' therefore they are closed for the following dates: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Additional Holiday 27 December & New Year’s Day.

Karen
Ooh well that doesn't seem so bad - thought it would be a 2 week shut down or something
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told that things "slow up" over christmas.
What I would like to know in all honesty is why there are such variations in timescales , I mean you can have 2 136 modl applicants who submit around the same time in similar circumstances and yet it really varies greatly to getting a visa.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:00 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Karen
Great info thanks. But how many CO's take leave at xmas? quite a few I would imagine..
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

They had a Christmas Break last year but it was only for Christmas day and such. They did slow a little but I did get my visa within the time frame. So I am sure you have nothing to worry about guys.

Good luck, I hope that helped as I waited for my visa over the Christmas break last year and I know what it feels like.

hugs Lace xxx
Old Dec 18th 2006, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this helps Karen:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/careers...leave/18.0.htm

its dima holiday calender. x
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hope this helps Karen:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/careers...leave/18.0.htm

its dima holiday calender. x

Thank you xx