Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIMIA working on sunday?????

DIMIA working on sunday?????

Old Aug 31st 2003, 6:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default DIMIA working on sunday?????

Something strange has happened I e mailed my new case officer (number 3) on friday evening to ask (very politely) where the bl**dy hell my visa was, thinking that it would arrive nice and early monday morning. But she replied at 3.15pm Adelaide time TODAY (sunday) Either my case officer is a saint, or shes just in my imagination and this thing has sent me right over the edge once and for all!!!!!!. For those of you that don't know we did TRA November 2001 and applied 5th march 2002. Oh and i guess it would help to say that "It should all be finalised by the end of this week" was her response
Old Aug 31st 2003, 6:55 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIMIA working on sunday?????

Originally posted by h garrett
Something strange has happened I e mailed my new case officer (number 3) on friday evening to ask (very politely) where the bl**dy hell my visa was, thinking that it would arrive nice and early monday morning. But she replied at 3.15pm Adelaide time TODAY (sunday) Either my case officer is a saint, or shes just in my imagination and this thing has sent me right over the edge once and for all!!!!!!. For those of you that don't know we did TRA November 2001 and applied 5th march 2002. Oh and i guess it would help to say that "It should all be finalised by the end of this week" was her response
Heather,
Bet you checked and double checked to make sure it was for real and that you weren't completely losing it!!! Sean said did you just watch the horsey film "The man from Snowy River" on Beeb 2 Film inSouthern Australia somewhere.
Old Aug 31st 2003, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimy!. Put the beer in the fridge for the end of the week then!

I hope your case office is the same as mine.

Originally posted by h garrett
Old Aug 31st 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

if it's larissa she has email me over the w/e before now..

i emailed back wondering what she was doing in the office then as i happened to be at the p.c when it arrived..

cheers

richard
Old Aug 31st 2003, 6:59 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cresta57
Heather,
Bet you checked and double checked to make sure it was for real and that you weren't completely losing it!!! Sean said did you just watch the horsey film "The man from Snowy River" on Beeb 2 Film inSouthern Australia somewhere.
Bugger! Missed it and its one of my faves. Just asked Matt if he knew it was on he said "oh yeah, but it doesn't mean anything to me, whats it about?" Perhaps i should borrow Sean for my TV guidance
Old Aug 31st 2003, 7:01 pm
High in the Dandenongs

No its Not Larissa, her name is Serena, and she is the best case office DIMIA have ever had, i'd give her a reference anytime
Old Sep 1st 2003, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Heather & Matt - almost there!!! Sounds like the case officers are working on the weekends - mind you with the long backlog I'm not surprised.

If Matt had been an Aussie male he would have spotted the movie at once - I think Sigrid Thornton is in it and she was considered a classic babe from the 60s/70s that men remember fondly. Something like the way British men like old movies starring Jenny Agutter.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Thanks Jo, we've just sold our big car aswell, so we can pay off the big loan, even if the house doesn't sell we think we are still going for it anyway, lifes too short and all that, yipppeee