Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIMIA investigation

DIMIA investigation

Old May 6th 2003, 7:49 am
guyguy2000

Smile DIMIA investigation

Hi All I new,

I submitted my application around 8 month ago.
I believe that a case officer will assigned to me in the next weeks.
I reached the 115 points barrier; my question is what wills happened next.
The case officer will calculate my points and verify that I reached the 115 points.

What do they do after?
Send me medicals and police cert?

What will happen after I send those?
Does DIMIA investigate and verify that I telling the true about my job, degree?

If they investigate in what sort of way, what they really call peoples?

I will be very happy is someone can answer my questions, I believe that a lot of users will like to know what happened to the application when it been processed.

Thanks
Guy

Old May 7th 2003, 3:21 pm
Mr Hunt

eckhous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good question

Good answer,

I been thinking on the same question, what is DIMIA doing there after they see that you have the 115 points.

I think that maybe they are verifing that you are no a criminal in some sort and verifing that all papers are looking good.

I think that they are verifinh you work exp.

Tomer
Old May 7th 2003, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

danjon16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIMIA investigation

if you have nothing to worry about your work experience and degree verification then why are you asking the questions

i am sure they check everything out as it will be too easy to just fill out an aplication form and your case officer believes you.

i hope they call evryone on your list and check your application methodically because i would after reading your email
Old May 8th 2003, 7:07 am
Mr Hunt

eckhous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by danjon16
if you have nothing to worry about your work experience and degree verification then why are you asking the questions

i am sure they check everything out as it will be too easy to just fill out an aplication form and your case officer believes you.

i hope they call evryone on your list and check your application methodically because i would after reading your email

I don't understand are you talking to me or the guy that posted the question in the first place.

Tomer
Old May 8th 2003, 7:47 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by danjon16

I think you were being a bit harsh - many people ask similiar questions on here about verification on work expereince because they do not want employers to know about their emigration plans - cut a bit of slack. The question to you might also sound off because it could also be because the poster is writing in his 2nd language, only quessing because of GuyGuy's location is stated as Spain.

In answer to the orginal question - I do not know personally I am sure they check for as much as possible and if they are not happy with anything they will contact you for more details. Best of Luck

Cheers

Last edited by Sandra; May 8th 2003 at 7:49 am.
Old May 8th 2003, 9:27 pm
Badge

Originally posted by guyguy2000
Hi All I new,

I submitted my application around 8 month ago.
I believe that a case officer will assigned to me in the next weeks.
I reached the 115 points barrier; my question is what wills happened next.
The case officer will calculate my points and verify that I reached the 115 points.

What do they do after?
Send me medicals and police cert?

What will happen after I send those?
Does DIMIA investigate and verify that I telling the true about my job, degree?

If they investigate in what sort of way, what they really call peoples?

I will be very happy is someone can answer my questions, I believe that a lot of users will like to know what happened to the application when it been processed.

Thanks
Guy
well...they may well check your level of English and whether indeed you can speak and write English - to get maximum points!!