Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIMIA to hold jobs EXPO in London

DIMIA to hold jobs EXPO in London

Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:24 am
Barbie chef extrordinaire

PhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the rough
Question DIMIA to hold jobs EXPO in London

The Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs will next month begin a foray into the international jobs marketplace, with officials hold a series of expos in London, Berlin, Chennai and Amsterdam to spruik Australia's culture and lifestyle to foreign workers.
Tradespeople, engineers and doctors are believed to be among the most desperately needed. The Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Australian Industry Group, the Business Council of Australia and the Australian Minerals and Mining Association have all been asked to nominate the occupations they consider the most in-demand.

The Immigration Department plans to advertise in overseas newspapers from September, inviting prospective skilled migrants to meet employers and state and federal government representatives at the series of expos as part of a $3million skills roadshow where officials will present options for migration under recently relaxed regulations.

This was taken from THE AUSTRALIAN newspaper
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E601,00.html

Does any one have any info on this EXPO.
There is a expo in October but is it one and the same.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:26 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIMIA to hold jobs EXPO in London

Originally Posted by PhillN01
The Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs will next month begin a foray into the international jobs marketplace, with officials hold a series of expos in London, Berlin, Chennai and Amsterdam to spruik Australia's culture and lifestyle to foreign workers.
Tradespeople, engineers and doctors are believed to be among the most desperately needed. The Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Australian Industry Group, the Business Council of Australia and the Australian Minerals and Mining Association have all been asked to nominate the occupations they consider the most in-demand.

The Immigration Department plans to advertise in overseas newspapers from September, inviting prospective skilled migrants to meet employers and state and federal government representatives at the series of expos as part of a $3million skills roadshow where officials will present options for migration under recently relaxed regulations.

This was taken from THE AUSTRALIAN newspaper
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E601,00.html

Does any one have any info on this EXPO.
There is a expo in October but is it one and the same.

According to what you wrote the expo will be in London in September, so not sure....
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:30 am
Barbie chef extrordinaire

PhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the roughPhillN01 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Brisben
According to what you wrote the expo will be in London in September, so not sure....
I didnt write it someone in Australia wrote it i just copied and pasted it.

But hey its always my fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i must credit STORINI with spotting this item!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Patrick_P3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i read the same thing and there are some additional info on the australian immigration website: http://www.immi.gov.au/employers-info/expos.htm

Anybody knows whats the venue?

"
Expos to meet skilled employees
The department is organising a series of Expos for Australian employers to meet skilled people interested in migrating to Australia . These events are planned to address your skill shortages and ensure Australia remains competitive in attracting skilled people.

You are invited to participate in events in the following locations:

London - 27 to 29 September 2005
Amsterdam - 3 to 4 October 2005
Berlin - 6 to 7 October 2005
Chennai (Madras) - 11 to 13 Oct 2005
Melbourne - Oct/Nov 2005 (dates to be confirmed)
Perth - Oct/Nov 2005 (dates to be confirmed)
We anticipate there will be around 6,000 skilled migrants at the Expo in London.

An individual exhibition stand will cost A$1,000 per day.

Exhibitors would need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.

Additional information for employers
If you are interested in receiving further information on these, any future events, or additional migration information, please e-mail: [email protected].

Expo feedback
The first expo, held in Brisbane in June 2005, was a successful forum for employers wanting to recruit skilled workers. Dalby-based company, Dingo Mini Diggers, successfully recruited a motor mechanic from Bangladesh.

“the Expo exceeded my company's expectations.� (Mr Mark Celledoni, HR Manager for Dingo Mini Diggers in Dalby).
"
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Just doing a search of the usual London venues, Olympia, Earls Court, Exel etc, will let you know if I see anything. Nothing in Australia News I don't think, will check again.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:55 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

DIMIA are holding an expo!!!!! Bloody hell better read the small print. Probably have to apply 12 months in advance, have 600 copies of your birth cert and a note from your old schools dinner lady to get in to it.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:04 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
DIMIA are holding an expo!!!!! Bloody hell better read the small print. Probably have to apply 12 months in advance, have 600 copies of your birth cert and a note from your old schools dinner lady to get in to it.
PMSL
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

swimmingsaintee will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: DIMIA to hold jobs EXPO in London

Easier than getting a visa then!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Patrick_P3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just sent an email to the DIMIA regarding the venue...will tell u when i get an answer...
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had a quick scout about could'nt find anything either, going to speak to my agent today,will post if I find out anything.

Rachel.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an idea it might be at Australia House.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:52 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

plus a MONTHS wage and a sample of blood lol!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patrick_P3
I have just sent an email to the DIMIA regarding the venue...will tell u when i get an answer...
Snap, no answer yet though.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya,

Just seen this on the London AH website - looks like details will be relaesed early Sept regrading location etc.

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/HTML/skills.html
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

swimmingsaintee will become famous soon enough

So it's invitation only then! Looks like you have to satisfy them that you pass the points test etc, and take evidence of qualifications/ experience with you. Better get everything certified yet again and dig out that letter from the dinner lady.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.