Dimia Gal!!!

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:52 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Dimia Gal!!!

DIMIA GAL [get a life!!!]

Hi

I'm desperate .......can anyone help please?

Applied for skilled Independant 136 March 2003.

Had skills assessed by Australia Instutute of Management [AIM]. Extensive details submitted re job including refrences, job descriptions, structure charts etc, etc..

Am now at final DIMIA hurdle. Submitted Police checks and Medicals [after detecting son had heart probs and finally being informed all OK] .....then........

DIMIA have suddenly asked me to re-submit refrences, job description etc as original info not "comprehensive"enough??

Strange...given I had skills assessed and passed by AIM last year....hence Skilled Independant application submitted!!!

I am bl**dy angry and exhausted. I paid for the "priveledge" of having skills assessed last year and now DIMIA want the same info in a different format. What's the point of having assessment done if have to submit same info in different format?

After all the psychological upset re son heart probs and relief that finally all was OK....... I may be being unussesarily sceptical about DIMIA's motives??

Has anyone else been asked for more refrences, job description etc please? Your advice would be extremely welcome.

PS. Thanks to ALL who have contributed to this site. Your advice, good, indifferent, controversial..... has all been greatly appreciated. I couldn't have got this far without you!

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:30 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dimia Gal!!!

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
DIMIA GAL [get a life!!!]

Hi

I'm desperate .......can anyone help please?

Applied for skilled Independant 136 March 2003.

Had skills assessed by Australia Instutute of Management [AIM]. Extensive details submitted re job including refrences, job descriptions, structure charts etc, etc..

Am now at final DIMIA hurdle. Submitted Police checks and Medicals [after detecting son had heart probs and finally being informed all OK] .....then........

DIMIA have suddenly asked me to re-submit refrences, job description etc as original info not "comprehensive"enough??

Strange...given I had skills assessed and passed by AIM last year....hence Skilled Independant application submitted!!!

I am bl**dy angry and exhausted. I paid for the "priveledge" of having skills assessed last year and now DIMIA want the same info in a different format. What's the point of having assessment done if have to submit same info in different format?

After all the psychological upset re son heart probs and relief that finally all was OK....... I may be being unussesarily sceptical about DIMIA's motives??

Has anyone else been asked for more refrences, job description etc please? Your advice would be extremely welcome.

PS. Thanks to ALL who have contributed to this site. Your advice, good, indifferent, controversial..... has all been greatly appreciated. I couldn't have got this far without you!

bump
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:32 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Your case may have been selected for a random audit.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

Hi Phoenix

Yes, we were asked for meds and police checks and more info needed, as I've said before it's like pissing on your fireworks - anyway, what can we do, our future is in their hands!.

My partner is self employed so has to submit lots more proof of last four years of business. He had a positive TRA too. If you are claiming 10 points for 4 years experience or whatever it is, that is what they may want more information for - were the references precise with dates and signed clearly with a name underneath? I know it sounds silly, but these are the sort of things that matter! and were their company details clear with readable addresses, fax and phone numbers? They do contact some of them and if they can't read their details or they are not there, they will want more! You may have done this, who knows how they work! Sometimes I don't think they take into consideration that things in business work differently here, but hey, we just have to give them what we can, even if we have done it once already!!

We know how you feel and what a nightmare with your son - glad all is well now.

Good luck!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:03 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Poppy
Hi Phoenix

Yes, we were asked for meds and police checks and more info needed, as I've said before it's like pissing on your fireworks - anyway, what can we do, our future is in their hands!.

Good luck!
--------------------------------------------

Hi Poppy

Thanks for your reply. Truly appreciated.

Yes......I did everything they asked for, all typed up and in order. That's what's so annoying. In fact solicitor commented how easy it all was to decipher. made no difference to DIMIA though.

As you say......our future is in their hands so we just have to grin and bear it!!

Good luck to you too my friend......chin up as they say...

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:10 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by bondipom
Your case may have been selected for a random audit.
==================================

Hi Bondipom

Thanks for your reply ........I guess you may be right about random sample. My solicitor said he thinks DIMIA are doing this more oftern as refrences have been known to have been faked before now. Strange thing is I work for a bluechip worldwide organisation who are hardly likely to jeapordise their reputation........especially for a small fish....

Thanks again & good luck.

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:16 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by maxpaxx
bump
=============================
Hi Maxpaxx

Thanks for your reply.

Excuse my ignorance........I'm new to this....

What does BUMP mean?

PhoenixUK2OZ

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there
I'm really sorry to hear this and I completely agree. Why do we pay money to get skills assessed to be then told we have to submit more info with the main app. I too have had more info requested. Qualifications info. So I've had to dig out all mark sheets (I mean don't know about anybody else but who the bloody hell knows where things like this are if they for some strange reason kept them to begin with - took me ages to find my birth certificate never mind stuff like this!!).
But sadly Poppy is right - our future is in their hands - hopefully it will all be worth while!
Best of luck.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi...if it helps we had the same kind of letter except they just wanted a ref in detail for the last 12 months...
my previous ref was dated june 30th 2003 and we submitted on jan 5th 2004...i think it may have been out of date..something to do with the 12 months out of previous 18 rule!!!Hope this helps

Good luck

Scott
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

haven't been in this position, but if I were you, I'd chill out, submit the info they want and enjoy receiving your visas grant.

sorry to hear about your boy's heart, glad everything is fine 'tho.

Good luck!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:00 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
=============================
Hi Maxpaxx

Thanks for your reply.

Excuse my ignorance........I'm new to this....

What does BUMP mean?

PhoenixUK2OZ
LOL..just bumping your question back to the top as it was on 2nd page and no replies - so someone in the know would answer..it worked!

Max
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:09 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by scottalison6
hi...if it helps we had the same kind of letter except they just wanted a ref in detail for the last 12 months...
my previous ref was dated june 30th 2003 and we submitted on jan 5th 2004...i think it may have been out of date..something to do with the 12 months out of previous 18 rule!!!Hope this helps

Good luck

Scott
==========================================
Hiya Scotalison6, steindleigh,jaynes

What thouroughly decent people you all are.....your words of wisdom have helped me to see through this stressful situation in a different light.

It seems they [DIMIA] have asked for the same information that they asked you for Scotalison6.....maybe its because my previous ref submitted was 12 months old?

What sorts of things did they ask you for? Did you just re-submit previous info but put it in a different format?

Thanks again for your time folks & good luck to all you nice people out there......DIMIA / OZ doesn't know how lucky they are!!

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi...

.i changed job in september so have done ref on the same lines as TRA ones for my new employers..Showing specific tasks etc.....Looks like a standard letter from DIMIA asking for a chart of where i fit in organisation and a recent wage slip etc...no great shakes!!!My previous ref was dated June 30th so OOD...If it all carries on like this we should have visas VER YSOON!!!

Cheers and they are def fast tracking the 139 visas!!!!

Good luck

Scott
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:39 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by maxpaxx
LOL..just bumping your question back to the top as it was on 2nd page and no replies - so someone in the know would answer..it worked!

Max
================================

Hiya Maxpaxx

Thanks for explanation re BUMP.

And.......thank you for "BUMP" ing me....much pleasure derived & appreciated!!!

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:10 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Poppy
Hi Phoenix

My partner is self employed so has to submit lots more proof of last four years of business. He had a positive TRA too. If you are claiming 10 points for 4 years experience or whatever it is, that is what they may want more information for - were the references precise with dates and signed clearly with a name underneath? I know it sounds silly, but these are the sort of things that matter! and were their company details clear with readable addresses, fax and phone numbers? They do contact some of them and if they can't read their details or they are not there, they will want more! You may have done this, who knows how they work! Sometimes I don't think they take into consideration that things in business work differently here, but hey, we just have to give them what we can, even if we have done it once already!!

Good luck!
DITTO all of this, it happened to us, but just give them all the stuff they are asking for and some more. It worked and we are here.
Good luck and keep your chin up, this is the last hurdle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.