British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   DIMIA closed for staff holiday 1st July....... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/dimia-closed-staff-holiday-1st-july-311087/)

Pollyana Jun 29th 2005 6:54 am

DIMIA closed for staff holiday 1st July.......

.......no, course not, just kidding. :rolleyes:
Sorry, had a pig of a day at work and just felt like being silly!!! Thought of posting it on the immigration forum but I think some posters on there are waiting so determinedly for July 1st that I could have caused mass heart-attacks!
Anyone else got any wicked rumours to spread, or are you all too busy buying zebra skinned handbags? :D

Kelli28 Jun 29th 2005 7:03 am

Re: DIMIA closed for staff holiday 1st July.......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry, had a pig of a day at work and just felt like being silly!!! Thought of posting it on the immigration forum but I think some posters on there are waiting so determinedly for July 1st that I could have caused mass heart-attacks!
Anyone else got any wicked rumours to spread, or are you all too busy buying zebra skinned handbags? :D

:eek: thats cruel i nearly had heart attack last week when someone said dimia had a fire :scared:

Siren & Brian Jun 29th 2005 7:05 am

You joke, that's the truth in Canada where the DIMIA office is closed for Canada Day! :p

Siren

Pollyana Jun 29th 2005 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
You joke, that's the truth in Canada where the DIMIA office is closed for Canada Day! :p

Siren

Oooh, post that on the other forum, the lemmings will start running off the cliff edge in despair!!!! :eek:

Siren & Brian Jun 29th 2005 7:15 am

Oooh, post that on the other forum, the lemmings will start running off the cliff edge in despair!!!! :eek:

LOL!! I don't have the heart! Silly me applied at the beginning of December...right before thier 3 week X-mas holidays!!

Siren

spalen Jun 29th 2005 7:16 am

This would be truly evil...

The Department for Imigration, Multicultural and Indigenous affairs (DIMIA) suffered a fire at their Adelaide processing centre last night. DIMIA have reassured all of those who have received acknowledgements for their visa applications that their documents are safe. It cannot guarantee however those documents that were sent unrequested such as medicals or police checks. A spokesman for the department , Mr I C Weiner, said "this practice commonly referred to as 'front loading' has caused us lots of extra work, the cost in paper clips alone is a serious dent in our budget". The department is said to be the subject of 2 seperate cases of litigation from employees suffering repetitive-strain-injury from excessive use of staplers caused by the Front Loading phenomenon.

Rumours that the fire started due to cheap nylon underwear being worn by DIMIA staff causing static bursts to overload the newly changed plugs in the offices (which an anonymous source suggested were changed by non-certificated ex-patriate electricians) are said to be rife. A recent suggestion that imported underwear from Marks & Spencers of England be given to the DIMIA employees to counter the risk was dismissed by the beleagured Minister (under fire for several detention issues) , the Opposition spokesperson was contacted and gave this comment "Strewth this is bloody typical that bloody woman can't even keep her knickers in order". Investigations continue.

68MEVY Jun 29th 2005 7:18 am

Cheers pollyanna, you HAVE just given me a heart attack :p
Marie

Bed Of Roses Jun 29th 2005 7:20 am

LOL:D

Ahhhh you soooo rotten mrs mistcheivious witch
poor old souls still hanging in limbo would have thought the noose had tightend another notch.

Kelli28 Jun 29th 2005 7:20 am

Originally Posted by spalen
This would be truly evil...

The Department for Imigration, Multicultural and Indigenous affairs (DIMIA) suffered a fire at their Adelaide processing centre last night. DIMIA have reassured all of those who have received acknowledgements for their visa applications that their documents are safe. It cannot guarantee however those documents that were sent unrequested such as medicals or police checks. A spokesman for the department , Mr I C Weiner, said "this practice commonly referred to as 'front loading' has caused us lots of extra work, the cost in paper clips alone is a serious dent in our budget". The department is said to be the subject of 2 seperate cases of litigation from employees suffering repetitive-strain-injury from excessive use of staplers caused by the Front Loading phenomenon.

Rumours that the fire started due to cheap nylon underwear being worn by DIMIA staff causing static bursts to overload the newly changed plugs in the offices (which an anonymous source suggested were changed by non-certificated ex-patriate electricians) are said to be rife. A recent suggestion that imported underwear from Marks & Spencers of England be given to the DIMIA employees to counter the risk was dismissed by the beleagured Minister (under fire for several detention issues) , the Opposition spokesperson was contacted and gave this comment "Strewth this is bloody typical that bloody woman can't even keep her knickers in order". Investigations continue.

:D :D :D

Pollyana Jun 29th 2005 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Bed Of Roses
LOL:D

Ahhhh you soooo rotten mrs mistcheivious witch
poor old souls still hanging in limbo would have thought the noose had tightend another notch.

Tee hee, well I had to do something to make my day improve :D

sudds Jun 29th 2005 12:05 pm

Have i missed something ? is the 1st of july significant or is it something i should be aware of
Thanks
Sudds

biggy Jun 29th 2005 12:20 pm

ohhhh ya wicked wee midden ye....nice one lol

wmoore Jun 29th 2005 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Cheers pollyanna, you HAVE just given me a heart attack :p
Marie

I'm soooo glad I didn't see this earlier.

soapy© Jun 29th 2005 11:41 pm

dont worry, if i dont get news soon, it might be closed due to a fire on the 7th :p :D

Mum, Are we there yet?!! Jun 30th 2005 8:23 am

Pollyanna :scared: - witchy member? - you must have your own coven - I'm sticking my tonge out to you :p . If we were waiting for 1st April I'd expect loads of jokes like this but I'm glad to say its less than 24hrs until the big day - although I am prepared for a let down.