DIMIA check up

Old May 22nd 2006, 7:56 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of
Default DIMIA check up

a knock on the door and my mum answers to two men asking for myself and/or dad. "sorry there not here, but who are you?" she asks.
"sorry didn't introduce our selves. we're MR.X and MR.Y from immigration" they say.
to cut a long story short they want to see some sort of proof that i have worked for them in the role that i have applied (electrician).
so she shows them the tax records for my employment to which they seemed to be happy. they then ask if they can see my certificates for the qualifications that I'm claiming to have, to which she tells them that she can't as she hasn't got them and that I've got them as i needed them to have them certified for the application.
at the end of the day they seemed to have gone away happy, so hopefully once we have sent the documents they have requested it shouldn't be long.

fingers crossed.
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:09 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIMIA check up

Originally Posted by sparks124
a knock on the door and my mum answers to two men asking for myself and/or dad. "sorry there not here, but who are you?" she asks.
"sorry didn't introduce our selves. we're MR.X and MR.Y from immigration" they say.
to cut a long story short they want to see some sort of proof that i have worked for them in the role that i have applied (electrician).
so she shows them the tax records for my employment to which they seemed to be happy. they then ask if they can see my certificates for the qualifications that I'm claiming to have, to which she tells them that she can't as she hasn't got them and that I've got them as i needed them to have them certified for the application.
at the end of the day they seemed to have gone away happy, so hopefully once we have sent the documents they have requested it shouldn't be long.

fingers crossed.
seems to be happening more and more. did they not telephone before they came? also, why did they ask for your dad?
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:15 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
seems to be happening more and more. did they not telephone before they came? also, why did they ask for your dad?
there was no phone call before they arrived, as for asking for my dad he's my boss

so i guess i can understand why they would want to check up when the person thats signing the documents central to your application is your father.
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Taff n Mand is an unknown quantity at this point

Minor panic!!
Im off to Geelong on 21 July on a 137 STNI as a vehicle mechanic. After 24 years in the job, im after a new start. It may be linked to the motor trade but it depeds on what come up. I was told that I didnt HAVE to work in that field, just get a job, fill in a questionaire now and again and keep the Vic government informed of any change of address for 2 years (cant claim unemployment benefit in this time). I dont really want to go back on the spanners and my retrain to do something completely different based on this advice. Can I ask what visa you were on? Were you sponsored by the employer (your Dad).

Heartbeat increasing rapidly...

Taff
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:31 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

there was no phone call before they arrived, as for asking for my dad he's my boss

so i guess i can understand why they would want to check up when the person thats signing the documents central to your application is your father.

well your mum said they went away quite happy, so i cant see it being a problem. good that they check in some cases. not good for your nerves though, or you mums!!!! :scared:

did she offer them a cup of tea. i dont know what i would do? "cup of tea/coffee sir/madam?", curtseying as i backed out of the room. "anything else mam?"
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:34 pm
s**t rolls down hill

Originally Posted by Taff n Mand
Minor panic!!
Im off to Geelong on 21 July on a 137 STNI as a vehicle mechanic. After 24 years in the job, im after a new start. It may be linked to the motor trade but it depeds on what come up. I was told that I didnt HAVE to work in that field, just get a job, fill in a questionaire now and again and keep the Vic government informed of any change of address for 2 years (cant claim unemployment benefit in this time). I dont really want to go back on the spanners and my retrain to do something completely different based on this advice. Can I ask what visa you were on? Were you sponsored by the employer (your Dad).

Heartbeat increasing rapidly...

Taff
136 MODL (skilled independent) and still waiting for the "yes you can come if you want" call.
I'm not being sponsored by him just did the relevant stuff for the TRA.
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Taff n Mand is an unknown quantity at this point

136 MODL (skilled independent) and still waiting for the "yes you can come if you want" call.
I'm not being sponsored by him just did the relevant stuff for the TRA.
My god you had me worried then. Just to confirm that the guys were checking that you had worked as a leckie for the time stated BEFORE they grant you a visa.................NOT after you have moved to Aus and got a job.

Taff
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:40 pm
s**t rolls down hill

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
well your mum said they went away quite happy, so i cant see it being a problem. good that they check in some cases. not good for your nerves though, or you mums!!!! :scared:

did she offer them a cup of tea. i dont know what i would do? "cup of tea/coffee sir/madam?", curtseying as i backed out of the room. "anything else mam?"
i don't have any problem with them checking at all even if it sounds like i do, i really don't. after all, what's the point of having these policies if your not going to enforce them. if they don't they may as well change the name from Australia to the United Kingdom
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:42 pm
s**t rolls down hill

Originally Posted by Taff n Mand
My god you had me worried then. Just to confirm that the guys were checking that you had worked as a leckie for the time stated BEFORE they grant you a visa.................NOT after you have moved to Aus and got a job.

Taff
don't panic MR Manering, you are correct. heart rate can return to normal now
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:53 pm
Never going back

i don't have any problem with them checking at all even if it sounds like i do, i really don't. after all, what's the point of having these policies if your not going to enforce them. if they don't they may as well change the name from Australia to the United Kingdom

PMSL!!!!