Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DIMIA and bird flu

DIMIA and bird flu

Old Apr 6th 2006, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice
Default DIMIA and bird flu

I'm worried now - I'm a veterinary nurse and panicking that DIMIA will decide that they won't let people in who have had contact with potentially infected animals, since it's known that dogs and cats, aswell as birds can contract the disease. My husband, not me, is the primary applicant (he's in IT) so will they even care what job I do?
Here's hoping you can all tell me I'm just being stupid!
Sue
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:02 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIMIA and bird flu

Originally Posted by southstander
I'm worried now - I'm a veterinary nurse and panicking that DIMIA will decide that they won't let people in who have had contact with potentially infected animals, since it's known that dogs and cats, aswell as birds can contract the disease. My husband, not me, is the primary applicant (he's in IT) so will they even care what job I do?
Here's hoping you can all tell me I'm just being stupid!
Sue

I wouldnt worry at this stage. Im sure MAFF will give out guidelines on how veterinary staff should deal with it and protocol.

Where did you train? I did my first year at RVC and second year at Berkshire.

Out of it now though, got a bit disheartened with it.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

southstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nicesouthstander is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I wouldnt worry at this stage. Im sure MAFF will give out guidelines on how veterinary staff should deal with it and protocol.

Where did you train? I did my first year at RVC and second year at Berkshire.

Out of it now though, got a bit disheartened with it.
I trained at Preston /Lancashire college of Agricultire. I saw you had been eye testing at Crufts - I work for the eye panellist in the North East . I just do part time now -I'm a mum first these days
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I trained at Preston /Lancashire college of Agricultire. I saw you had been eye testing at Crufts - I work for the eye panellist in the North East . I just do part time now -I'm a mum first these days

Did you see me at Crufts? I managed to do the paperwork side My friend was helping the vet do the eye testing and I just smiled and ticked people off, which was nice.

It was a good Crufts this year, I enjoyed it. I only did two days but we had quite a few for eyes and microchipping.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Did you see me at Crufts? I managed to do the paperwork side My friend was helping the vet do the eye testing and I just smiled and ticked people off, which was nice.

It was a good Crufts this year, I enjoyed it. I only did two days but we had quite a few for eyes and microchipping.

Na never been unfortunately. I just had a nosey at your blog one evening! HATE the paper work involved with the eye tests - hope you got paid well!
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:20 pm

Na never been unfortunately. I just had a nosey at your blog one evening! HATE the paper work involved with the eye tests - hope you got paid well!

£50 a day, all meals included, travel paid for and two nights at the Hilton.

But I dont do it for the money, I think highly of the vet team there and look on it more as a privilege. They are a decent team.

Reckon its my last Crufts, hoping to be in Perth by end of the year if all goes well.