Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dilemma- your advice on which visa to go for

Wikiposts

Dilemma- your advice on which visa to go for

Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Red face Dilemma- your advice on which visa to go for

Hi Guys, Happy Australia day.

Yesterday i was woken up by a phone call from Oz that could change all our plans.....

Last year we looked in to the possibility of me being sponsored by an employer in WA. Whilst we honeymooned in Oz i went for an interview with them. They told me that they weren't sponsoring at this time but once i was resident, there shouldn't be a problem finding a job for me. We left it at that.

All year last year we were planning applying under my husbands trade as a fitter. We had a series of set backs (car crash, lodger moved out etc) and delayed the application.

In the new year we finally had the money we needed and appointed Oz agent to act on our behalf. First instalment has been paid and we are in the middle of preparing the TRA application. Shouldn't take much longer now.

Then yesterday at 7.15am the phone rang. It was the lady in Oz that did my interview. She asked if i was still interested in working for them as they are now in a position to be able to sponsor me!!! I was shocked but said yes i was definitely interested.

Our dilemma is what to do now. Do we follow the sponsoring route and have a job waiting for me when we get there or do we continue with the skilled visa application?

As far as we are concerned the sooner we get there the better!! I am however 4 months pregnant so could not go until the end of July anyway. We are so confused!!!

what are the pros and cons of each? can we buy a house on a temporary visa? Are our rights much less?

Please help. Any advice would be brilliant x x

PS i have posted this in the immigration forum too
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:12 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dilemma- your advice on which visa to go for

Originally Posted by thebardies

Yesterday i was woken up by a phone call from Oz that could change all our plans.....

Last year we looked in to the possibility of me being sponsored by an employer in WA. Whilst we honeymooned in Oz i went for an interview with them. They told me that they weren't sponsoring at this time but once i was resident, there shouldn't be a problem finding a job for me. We left it at that.

All year last year we were planning applying under my husbands trade as a fitter. We had a series of set backs (car crash, lodger moved out etc) and delayed the application.

In the new year we finally had the money we needed and appointed Oz agent to act on our behalf. First instalment has been paid and we are in the middle of preparing the TRA application. Shouldn't take much longer now.

Then yesterday at 7.15am the phone rang. It was the lady in Oz that did my interview. She asked if i was still interested in working for them as they are now in a position to be able to sponsor me!!! I was shocked but said yes i was definitely interested.

Our dilemma is what to do now. Do we follow the sponsoring route and have a job waiting for me when we get there or do we continue with the skilled visa application?

As far as we are concerned the sooner we get there the better!! I am however 4 months pregnant so could not go until the end of July anyway. We are so confused!!!

what are the pros and cons of each? can we buy a house on a temporary visa? Are our rights much less?

personally i`d stick with the skilled independent visa
its much more secure for you

regards Steve
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:28 am
Just Joined

AJ74 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can do both, more people do that.

Just apply for your PR and in the meanwhile you can work in Oz with an employer sponsored visa. The last visa granted is the visa that is valid. So if you are granted an employer sponsored visa next week, and you get your permanent visa next month, then your sponsored visa will no longer be valid.

Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
personally i`d stick with the skilled independent visa
its much more secure for you

regards Steve

...and you can still take the job! I'm sure they'll be happy to have you there and not have to sponsor you!

Good luck with the baby and the visa!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Thanks guys. Why does everything seem so much more straight forward once you have written it down??

Will just go with the flo and see what happens x x
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:11 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies

Hi I think if it was me I would definately go for the permanent visa as its more secure ..... If you put down that you have a job offer on that visa ,all it can do is help your application !!!!
Jane xxx
p.s see you on Saturday xx