British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   in dilemma, any kind person exists? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/dilemma-any-kind-person-exists-502171/)

cookiemonster Dec 29th 2007 7:58 am

in dilemma, any kind person exists?

I in dilemma, i book a flight on 24 jan 08, arriving 25 jan 08 10.50pm but now right i unable to find my aunt who migrate to Perth few years ago. It is like I will have no friend, does any kind person really exists to help u, example where to find accommodation.
I have a jobs in my country, if landing to Perth, everything need to restart life over again. I do miss my friends here. I am really at a LOSS.

is there anyone I can PM to talk about.

Timber Floor Au Dec 29th 2007 8:04 am

Re: in dilemma, any kind person exists?

Originally Posted by cookiemonster (Post 5714979)
I in dilemma, i book a flight on 24 jan 08, arriving 25 jan 08 10.50pm but now right i unable to find my aunt who migrate to Perth few years ago. It is like I will have no friend, does any kind person really exists to help u, example where to find accommodation.
I have a jobs in my country, if landing to Perth, everything need to restart life over again. I do miss my friends here. I am really at a LOSS.

is there anyone I can PM to talk about.

Erm.. try www.whitepages.com.au and find your aunt

>Trigger< Dec 29th 2007 8:04 am

Good person exsist in perth..........aston man...very friendly you like him

Timber Floor Au Dec 29th 2007 8:09 am

Originally Posted by >Trigger< (Post 5715005)

he building extension in brick and steal .. you can move in with him, just dont ask to borrow his White Jeans !

cookiemonster Dec 29th 2007 9:40 am

must be kidding??? imagine i will be alone there.

comet555 Dec 29th 2007 10:55 am

Originally Posted by cookiemonster (Post 5715243)
must be kidding??? imagine i will be alone there.

Yes, imagine..... lots of us arrive alone :)

We arrived without having visited before, and we didn't know a single person here (except each other). It can be done, and it's done quite often by the people on this website.

My advice:

1. Have a look on www.google.com. Search for hotels, motels or holiday rentals for the first week or two while you're there.

2. Check out: www.realestate.com.au for places to rent. There's tabs at the top for rental accomadations and shared accomadation.

3. Check out: www.seek.com.au for jobs. You can start sending resumes (CV's) before you arrive or you can do it all once you get here.

I'm sure there's people on here who will give advice on places to stay, but you'll have to be more specific. Where in Perth do you want to stay, and what kind of place are you looking for?

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Dec 29th 2007 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by >Trigger< (Post 5715005)

Awwwwwwww - he VELLY fliendly! :rofl:

Sam Greenfield Dec 29th 2007 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by comet555 (Post 5715425)
Yes, imagine..... lots of us arrive alone :)

We arrived without having visited before, and we didn't know a single person here (except each other). It can be done, and it's done quite often by the people on this website.

My advice:

1. Have a look on www.google.com. Search for hotels, motels or holiday rentals for the first week or two while you're there.

2. Check out: www.realestate.com.au for places to rent. There's tabs at the top for rental accomadations and shared accomadation.

3. Check out: www.seek.com.au for jobs. You can start sending resumes (CV's) before you arrive or you can do it all once you get here.

I'm sure there's people on here who will give advice on places to stay, but you'll have to be more specific. Where in Perth do you want to stay, and what kind of place are you looking for?

I think he's after someones spare room ;)

comet555 Dec 29th 2007 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield (Post 5715662)
I think he's after someones spare room ;)

Yes, I suspected that too :) And since I think it's highly unlikely that someone will offer up a room I figured they better get started looking for themselves.

When you immigrate no one is going to hand you a place to stay, a job and some friends. So it'll take some hard work from the poster. I'm just hoping they understand that. Hopefully he/she will get a little help along the way though.

Sam Greenfield Dec 29th 2007 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by comet555 (Post 5717416)
Yes, I suspected that too :) And since I think it's highly unlikely that someone will offer up a room I figured they better get started looking for themselves.

When you immigrate no one is going to hand you a place to stay, a job and some friends. So it'll take some hard work from the poster. I'm just hoping they understand that. Hopefully he/she will get a little help along the way though.

Well if your offering there are 5 of us and 3 dogs we wont take up much space - honest - any offers :rofl: xxx

comet555 Dec 29th 2007 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield (Post 5717428)
Well if your offering there are 5 of us and 3 dogs we wont take up much space - honest - any offers :rofl: xxx

:rofl: If only it were that easy! We might have a bit of room in the shed at the back. You'd just have to share with the lawnmower and a few spiders :D

Sam Greenfield Dec 29th 2007 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by comet555 (Post 5717434)
:rofl: If only it were that easy! We might have a bit of room in the shed at the back. You'd just have to share with the lawnmower and a few spiders :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have begun to declutter but i think i have a way to go yet to fit in a shed - perhaps if i left the hubby, kids and dogs behind then me n my case will fit nicely - thank you - spiders :eek: - anyway i will say good day to you as it is after 12 here and my bed is calling.
Take care
Sam xxx