Dilemma...

Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dilemma...

I go to a shop, purchase an item for $400 and pay for it by eftpos (savings), get my till receipt and eftpos receipt stapled together by the assistant and take my purchase home.

When I look at the receipts later, I find that the till receipt is for $400 but the eftpos is for $4.00. Sales assistant charged my account $4.00, instead of the $400.

What would you do?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dilemma...

Originally Posted by steandleigh
I go to a shop, purchase an item for $400 and pay for it by eftpos (savings), get my till receipt and eftpos receipt stapled together by the assistant and take my purchase home.

When I look at the receipts later, I find that the till receipt is for $400 but the eftpos is for $4.00. Sales assistant charged my account $4.00, instead of the $400.

What would you do?

I'd pay them the difference. Mainly because I'm honest but mostly because I'd get caught

No, the assistant could get sacked for a mistake like that, couldn't live with myself knowing that.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'd pay them the difference. Mainly because I'm honest but mostly because I'd get caught

No, the assistant could get sacked for a mistake like that, couldn't live with myself knowing that.
That is what's going through my mind - at the end of the day the shop will tally up the till receipts with eftpos and find a $394 descrepency and the assistant will get the boot.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

That is what's going through my mind - at the end of the day the shop will tally up the till receipts with eftpos and find a $394 descrepency and the assistant will get the boot.

More than likely, I've worked in them sort of jobs all my life and have seen it happen loads of times. One job I worked in if you were short you had to pay it out of your own wages

I think she could do with a bit more training though
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wendy
More than likely, I've worked in them sort of jobs all my life and have seen it happen loads of times. One job I worked in if you were short you had to pay it out of your own wages

I think she could do with a bit more training though
She was a bit of a space cadet!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Now I have a dilemma, should or should I not be a smart arse................Ok couldnt resist the desrepency is $396.

Jo
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

What would you do?
Tis a true dilemma that one. What was the shop.......

Jo
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by joho
Now I have a dilemma, should or should I not be a smart arse................Ok couldnt resist the desrepency is $396.

Jo
My minds on other things!!!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Depends what sort of shop it is in my eyes and what would happen to the sales ass. If its a big corporate organisation and nothing would come back on the sales ass id do nothing as these big companies rip us off all the time. However if small local business i wouldnt hesitate in pointing out the mistake. I cant see it coming back on sale ass as its the till that has to add up and the efpos is seperate entity i think. mmm not sure though
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:45 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

What would you do?
I would take the purchase back and get a refund lmao
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:55 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by biggy
I would take the purchase back and get a refund lmao
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:57 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

have your hair done,buy yourself a dress,cook your hubby a nice meal,then after drop the dress revealing all your brand new underwear,,,
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aston man
have your hair done,buy yourself a dress,cook your hubby a nice meal,then after drop the dress revealing all your brand new underwear,,,
Cheeky!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrisandvee
Depends what sort of shop it is in my eyes and what would happen to the sales ass. If its a big corporate organisation and nothing would come back on the sales ass id do nothing as these big companies rip us off all the time. However if small local business i wouldnt hesitate in pointing out the mistake. I cant see it coming back on sale ass as its the till that has to add up and the efpos is seperate entity i think. mmm not sure though
It's a pretty big business - if it was a one man band or small family business then I'd have been back there like a shot this arvo.

See, I'm obviously not as honest as Wendy, 'cos if I was I'd have gone back and paid up in full by now.

Its a dilemma 'cos the devil sitting on one shouklder says its a big business and their mistake, not mine. I handed my eftpos card over in good failth to pay the $400 and it was them who cocked up the transaction.

However, the angel sitting on my other shoulder is worried the shop girl will get the boot.

Damn my conscience....
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:35 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Cheeky!
i know i am sorry,,
i hope you can put an end to you dilemma,and i hope you had a great weekend...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.