View Poll Results: Swelter or be deafened?
swelter
7.14%
be deafened
92.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Dilemma

Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:57 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Dilemma

Do I shut the window and swelter or leave it open and let the outrageously noisy cicada deafen me?
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:01 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dilemma

Originally posted by bondipom
Do I shut the window and swelter or leave it open and let the outrageously noisy cicada deafen me?
lol!

It depends how hot it is, but I'd think being deafened is a bit better....

Only YOU can decide!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:09 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

You could buy a fan and then be peaceful and cool all at the same time!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:15 am
WBB

dont care....either way it is freezing here

Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:18 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

dont care....either way it is freezing here
LoL yeah its more a case of do i put on 2 coats or just the one.

when do you plan to head over WBB
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:20 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Get out there with a newspaper and silence the bugger.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:10 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the sound of cicadas. funny how what you grow up with is what you end up loving - and others who aren't used to it just find it irrating!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:17 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jandjuk
I love the sound of cicadas. funny how what you grow up with is what you end up loving - and others who aren't used to it just find it irrating!
I love them too.....however......some are VERY loud, and one just outside the window when i was trying to work/read/relax would really get on me tits
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jandjuk
Yep, and the magpies, kookas and parrots in the morning; and the stream train chugging by sounding its whistle. The sounds of childhood eh?

OzTennis
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:53 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by OzTennis
Yep, and the magpies, kookas and parrots in the morning; and the stream train chugging by sounding its whistle. The sounds of childhood eh?

OzTennis
The magpies in oz are great When i first got there, and heard them, my wife thought i was bonkers as i revelled in the realisation, of what the sound i had heard in neighbors was. I always wondered
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:00 am

That cicada sounded as relaxing as a jackhammer. Unfortunatley the little bugger was unreachable otherwise he would have been dead. It was drowning out the noise of the TV. Temperature was not too bad but the humidity was high.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:14 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
That cicada sounded as relaxing as a jackhammer. Unfortunatley the little bugger was unreachable otherwise he would have been dead. It was drowning out the noise of the TV. Temperature was not too bad but the humidity was high.

You could use ear plugs, which would also double as an additional defence against inner ear eating cockroaches
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:45 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

And there was me thinking that I'd developed tintinitis!!

So, BP, you've just got ONE cicada? think yourself lucky - we went up to the mountains on Saturday, and there were literally millions of them up there - I know this because we had solid cicada noise for over five kilometres! On BOTH sides of the road.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:52 am

Originally posted by downunderpom
And there was me thinking that I'd developed tintinitis!!

So, BP, you've just got ONE cicada? think yourself lucky - we went up to the mountains on Saturday, and there were literally millions of them up there - I know this because we had solid cicada noise for over five kilometres! On BOTH sides of the road.
You would need a machine gun or some napalm.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

It took me years to work this out, opening the windows often lets in more heat than you had when closed, nothing like a boiling breeze coming through the window, just sends the temp up even more. We only open our easterly windows or southerlys that way the air is a bit cooler. Try it, work out your cooler aspects and just open them. As for Kookaburras, they start here at 3.42 (not that I bloody notice) right pain in the bum. Cicadas here can drown out the telly, and the frogs humping when it rains its so loud you cant help but laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.