A Dilema

Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default A Dilema

Hi all been on this forum for a while but only as a lurker but need some advice please,

Ive been living in aus for about 2years now on and off during that time ive seen alot of aussie and its culture, Ive also hooked up with an aussie girl been seeing her for about a year or so now. Trouble is for all good and bad points of australia i dont think i want to live here anymore and have decided to head back to the uk in a couple of months. My girlfriend is now at the point where she wants to move in etc except i want to head home, she says she will head back to uk with me but that means i have to agree to marriage for her to get a uk visa - im no where near that point yet. Ideas please also is any other pommie seeing aussie girls etc let me know your experience of this realationships thx
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:13 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all
Default Re: A Dilema

Originally Posted by ozoz
Hi all been on this forum for a while but only as a lurker but need some advice please,

Ive been living in aus for about 2years now on and off during that time ive seen alot of aussie and its culture, Ive also hooked up with an aussie girl been seeing her for about a year or so now. Trouble is for all good and bad points of australia i dont think i want to live here anymore and have decided to head back to the uk in a couple of months. My girlfriend is now at the point where she wants to move in etc except i want to head home, she says she will head back to uk with me but that means i have to agree to marriage for her to get a uk visa - im no where near that point yet. Ideas please also is any other pommie seeing aussie girls etc let me know your experience of this realationships thx
How old is this bird? ...Reason I ask, she may be able to get a working holiday Visa.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

31 misses out on the working holiday visa
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Any other options
Old Jun 29th 2007, 5:11 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Where are her parents from?
Old Jun 29th 2007, 5:14 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

what does she do for a living?? maybe she could get in through work??

kezx
Old Jun 29th 2007, 5:36 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to make an effort to make this relation work, why don't you stay in Oz for another year, live together for that year and decide after that if you want to marry her. She has made an effort by saying she will move to the UK with you (that's meaning she really likes you I guess ). Anyway in the end you have to decide what's best for you and your girlfriend.

Good luck with whatever you decide
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Run for the Hills man
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

i have to agree to marriage for her to get a uk visa - im no where near that point yet.
That bit concerns me greatly - marry her to get her a UK visa.

I would do as others have posted and that is give the relationship more time to develop. As you say, you are nowhere near that point in the relationship yet and marriage should not be viewed as a way to get a visa.

Don't rush into anything.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:16 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Wink Re: A Dilema

31?

I think if you go to the british embassy and explain they will give her the working holiday visa... Make sure you say please, please lots of times. Special circumstances etc' etc'...
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:23 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Run for the Hills man
Ah...a commitment phobic comment...usually only uttered by those who marry straight out of secondary school, have a brace of kids and are sitting in front of the TV wearing matching slippers.

...Dad, is that you?
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:29 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Run for the Hills man
Hold on, not so fast.......

Does her old man own a brewery?

Is she rich/loaded?
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:38 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Hold on, not so fast.......

Does her old man own a brewery?

Is she rich/loaded?

...Is she stacked?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:06 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
...Is she stacked?
was this not the prerequisite for GF
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:20 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
If you really want to make an effort to make this relation work, why don't you stay in Oz for another year, live together for that year and decide after that if you want to marry her. She has made an effort by saying she will move to the UK with you (that's meaning she really likes you I guess ). Anyway in the end you have to decide what's best for you and your girlfriend.
An excellent suggestion. karma sent. The OP needs to decide just how he feels about this girl, and be honest with himself and her. Bullshit never does either party any good. Do you have the feelings for her that would lead to the relationship being serious and long term? If so then stay in OZ for the next 6 months or year and see where it goes.

You don't have to live together in order to find that out. Tell her (if it's true), that while you want to go back to UK later, you first want to see where you and her are going, so will stay in OZ to find out, rather than to rush into a marriage that might put too much stress on you both.

If though you feel going back to the UK ASAP is more of a priority/desire for you, then you don't have the right feelings for her. Be a MAN and tell her so. Don't mess her around!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.