Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Digital TV Tuning

Digital TV Tuning

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of
Default Digital TV Tuning

Hey all,

We brought our TV over from the UK, it's a Sony Bravia LCD KDLV40A12U. Now, it has a built in digital decoder, and I was prepared to have sound issues, but it works perfectly, sound and all.

Trouble is, I only get 1 channel. When I connect my laptop with a little USB tuner and set it to Australian, I pick up more channels. It's kinda like the TV does not have such a full scan pattern, thinking maybe it is still in the UK ? Dont understand why it picks up the 1 channel though.

I could just go and buy a set top box, but dont want to waste money, the TV must be able to do it. I am gonna search the web for like an engineers menu for the TV, but just wanted to know if anyone has been through the same loop already.

Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Digital TV Tuning

Just for info, I have now found out.

Digital TV tuners dont work over here. You will only get SBS, which is all I got. Unless you can change the region settings, and on Sony you cant, you have to buy a set top box, or find a repair shop that can reload the Aus software onto the TV.

And there was me thinking sound would be the issue ! That works bloody fine.