Reload this Page >

Digital TV & Aussie broadcasting specs

Digital TV & Aussie broadcasting specs

Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Intershmet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Digital TV & Aussie broadcasting specs

Apologies if this has already come up before:

I'm in 2 minds about taking our TV over to Aus with us. It's a flash expensive thing which has the ability to convert to the PAL B/G system inbuilt, but a waver in our decision is whether all its technical prowess is just going to go to waste:
It is able to pick up the digital signals (for radio & TV) built in, and has a 100hz screen, and surround sound. The question is: does Australian TV broadcast at this level yet?

This TV will operate on analogue, and there is almost no difference in our shipping quote to whether we take it or not. Also, we will be staying with relatives when we get there - so it's not like we'll be TV-starved for the whole time we wait for the crate.

Does anybody know about Aussie TV broadcasting specifications?

Thanks,
Old Dec 8th 2004, 12:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digital TV & Aussie broadcasting specs

Originally Posted by Intershmet
Does anybody know about Aussie TV broadcasting specifications?
You may be surprised to hear that Aussie TV - well the digital vriety anyway - is probably more advanced (technology-wise, can't comment on the content ) than the UK so you may make use of your fancy telly there.

Have a look at http://www.dba.org.au/ and ask in the forum. They seem helpful sorts, they've answered my questions before!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Intershmet is an unknown quantity at this point

coooooooooool!

Excellent news!! I guess my assumptions had been blinked by the countless holiday apartment tvs I've used in the past.

Thanks a lot - you've made my day!!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 6:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
You may be surprised to hear that Aussie TV - well the digital vriety anyway - is probably more advanced (technology-wise, can't comment on the content ) than the UK so you may make use of your fancy telly there.

Have a look at http://www.dba.org.au/ and ask in the forum. They seem helpful sorts, they've answered my questions before!
In that they broadcast in high definition tv as well as normal tv? Otherwise the standard here is DBA. Not sure how many programs are in HDTV.

http://www.dba.org.au/ might help.

There are digital receiver cards for PCs which seem to work in multiple countries.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
In that they broadcast in high definition tv as well as normal tv?
Yeah, that's what I was getting at.