Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

digi box uk will it work in aus?

digi box uk will it work in aus?

Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Default digi box uk will it work in aus?

I knowits been asked before but i as given one of those digibox with the hard drive things as a wedding present and wondered if it will work ok over the on the aussie tv system.
cheers lorri
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant future
Default Re: digi box uk will it work in aus?

Originally Posted by supersonic4
I knowits been asked before but i as given one of those digibox with the hard drive things as a wedding present and wondered if it will work ok over the on the aussie tv system.
cheers lorri
By digibox do you mean a freeview receiver?
We brought a freeview receiver with us and it doesn't work.
We also brought a hard-drive DVD recorder with us that works perfectly, we just run our new Aussie digital receiver through it.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:33 pm
ijo
Ian O

ijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to allijo is a name known to all
Question Re: digi box uk will it work in aus?

cheers lorri
It sounds as though you are talking about the sky plus box ? If so the company Foxtel (if I remember correctly ) in Oz has just launched the same system in fact the box looks identical, however I do not know if the pal system here is compatible with the one in Oz or if indeed this is relevant it would be interesting to see if you get any help on this post we need a foxtel expert to ask the right questions about the sky+ digibox.

Ian
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:10 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: digi box uk will it work in aus?

cheers lorri
Do you mean a digital settop box or skybox ? A digital settop box should work in Aus becuase I think they use the same standards as in Europe the USA use there own standards (not talking about PAL vs NTSC).