Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Different sense of humour??

Different sense of humour??

Old Oct 9th 2004, 8:41 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different sense of humour??

Originally Posted by Pollyana
will even come out with a one-liner, which is funny at first, but then they repeat it a couple of times, then explain it,a nd it ends up not being even vaguely laughable. I just want to scream, and say Yes, I get it, I laughed 10 minutes ago!!! I'm sure some Brits do it, but its much more widespread here.
You've just described a guy I used to work with .. :scared: He was a guy from Co. Durham who I think was desperate to be a geordie so kept putting on this ridiculous accent to make things worse...
Old Oct 9th 2004, 10:58 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Although I think there is good and bad stuff from both countries; I do think that 'Badiel and Skinner Unplanned' is better than 'Merrick and Rosso Unplanned'

Cheers
Alistair
Old Oct 9th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Although I think there is good and bad stuff from both countries; I do think that 'Badiel and Skinner Unplanned' is better than 'Merrick and Rosso Unplanned'

Cheers
Alistair
I agree with you Alistair. I think Baddiel and Skinner do a great job because they're better comedians and they are more comfortable with that kind of pressure. Merrick and Rosso aren't quick enough with the comebacks.

Whatever happened to Hamish and Andy? Did they get axed?
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

juri is an unknown quantity at this point

fat pizza---guys at work rave about it --- I found it laugh at the fat greek girls whilst tokin, --juvenile crap. Love partridge, adder, connely, izzard, kaye, office etc
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:56 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

I've seen neither Alan Partridge nor Kath and Kim, but British humour is the best in the world !

-Becs
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Little Britain is hilarious and I'm sure the Aussies will love it. You have to get into it though - the more you watch it the funnier it gets. I saw Peter Kaye's stand up show the other night and howled with laughter. I had no idea he was so funny. Is Phoenix nights good?
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:48 am
Cheeky

Hi there!!!!

If you like Peter Kay stand up ya gotta watch Phonex nights!!!!!!LOL So FUNNY!!!!

Enjoy!!!

Cheeky!!

Originally Posted by jugsy
Little Britain is hilarious and I'm sure the Aussies will love it. You have to get into it though - the more you watch it the funnier it gets. I saw Peter Kaye's stand up show the other night and howled with laughter. I had no idea he was so funny. Is Phoenix nights good?

Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
If you like Peter Kay stand up ya gotta watch Phonex nights!!!!!!LOL So FUNNY!!!!
I love Peter Kay doing stand up but have never got my head around Phoenix Nights. Don't know why
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:30 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yeah got a couple of Videos but canny beat " Still Game".
Totally agree "Navid the shopkeeper" total genius.

"hey winston yer pishin on ma tanktop"
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'm probably odd one out but I'd rather watch Kath & Kim than Alan Partridge. Like PP I think Billy Connolly is hard to beat, just wish he would do another tour of Aus.
His recent jokes have been in rather poor taste though!!

Peter Kay - top man - love pheonix nights - i suspect they wont 'get' that in other countries. I know many 'southerners' who don't get it. Having lived in the midlands and spent many many nights in working mens clubs I can relate to everything in pheonix nights

Dave
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jugsy
I prefer Peter Kayes standup - especially Bolton Halls - watched it 6 times now, just so I don't miss bits when I'm hysterical.
Cas
Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

We were watching with interest the channel 5 uk- Best British commedian. the last five were all good-......and the winner voted by the public, is Billy Connolly. - Wonder how he feels about his poor taste joke after the events of the last few days in Iraq?!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:27 am
ozpom

barrylewis7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Different sense of humour??

Originally Posted by Stoney
The only difference between Ozzie and British peoples sense of humour is that Ozzies dont have any............at all...........apart from teenage toilet humour, subtle humourgoes straight over their heads
I see that you have a complete understanding of the word 'subtle' stoney. As one who has lived in both countries for many years I disagree completely. Brit humour is definately the best in the world but the Aussies have a very laconic sense of humour which I for one appreciate very much. As for teenage toilet humour, Benny Hill was the absolute king in that category. I believe that you also must enjoy a good joke and have a keen sense of humour Stoney, you need one to be a Man City supporter.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:12 am
wombat42

l know what you mean about the British having a different sense of humour after Billy Connolly's joke about how he wished the terrorists would just hurry up and chop the guys head off.

Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

I'm sure there's people with good and also people with a crappy sense of humour in both U.K and OZ, It's just that I haven't found many people since I've been over here, that I can have a bloody good laugh with....!!!
Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...?
If anyone could head me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful....??!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.