Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Difference in Regulations in work (UK-OZ)

Difference in Regulations in work (UK-OZ)

Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Difference in Regulations in work (UK-OZ)

Has anyone here emigrated and got a job in the building trade, namely the design/architectural side of things?

If so, my main concern of when I arrive and look for work, is getting a job in my proffesion. Obviously the building methods and building regulations (or building code) are different in Australia than they are in the UK.

How did potential employers look upon this? I'm just a little concerned that they will realise I'm not up on them and say no. I mean, I've been doing the job for 8 years and I'm still not completely up on the UK regs, but have a good understanding.

If anyone can answer my question, then I would be very grateful. Many thanks.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Difference in Regulations in work (UK-OZ)

Originally Posted by xzibit
Has anyone here emigrated and got a job in the building trade, namely the design/architectural side of things?

If so, my main concern of when I arrive and look for work, is getting a job in my proffesion. Obviously the building methods and building regulations (or building code) are different in Australia than they are in the UK.

How did potential employers look upon this? I'm just a little concerned that they will realise I'm not up on them and say no. I mean, I've been doing the job for 8 years and I'm still not completely up on the UK regs, but have a good understanding.

If anyone can answer my question, then I would be very grateful. Many thanks.
If you are coming to the Sunshine Coast I can give you a good lead, PM me if you are interested
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Difference in Regulations in work (UK-OZ)

You have PM. Thanks.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Difference in Building Regulations in work (UK-OZ)

Bit of an afternoon bump in the hope that someone in the building trade or design side of building will pick this up.

A thought that I had was that there must be a copy of the building code in the offices, so it would just be a case of using them whilst doing the drawings and it won't take long to pick it up.