Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

Heather Are You In There?
Do You Have The Teddy With You?
Awwww You Poor Thing Hey We Are All Thinking Of You. Keep Up The Good Work And Remeber The Turkey Is Not In The Oven It Is On Your Head! Well According To You It Is!
Love And Hugs
Lace N Co X
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:24 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

OK - sign me up as a new recruit!

My sister emigrated to New Zealand nearly 18 months ago and the weight dropped off her in the 6 months before she left so I was naively hoping the same would happen to me..... but no luck so far!

I don't have a weight problem really but would just like to lose half a stone to bring me back down to the weight that I was before I had children. Told my husband I was going to chip in to this thread to try and motivate me and he told me not to be so stupid but when do I ever listen to him?!

So, sorry to bore you all but I am going to play the name and shame game with the calories that pass my lips. It's going well so far today and I've even been to the gym so I'll be back on later confessing to all I have eaten.

Back after tea!

Binbird
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:01 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

HEATHER OHIPPY

GLAD TO HEAR THAT THINGS ARE PROGRESSING. KEEP UP WITH THE DROPS, KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT THE PICK-A-MIX . AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF

NICKY
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:04 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by binbird

My sister emigrated to New Zealand nearly 18 months ago and the weight dropped off her in the 6 months before she left so I was naively hoping the same would happen to me..... but no luck so far!

I don't have a weight problem really but would just like to lose half a stone to bring me back down to the weight that I was before I had children. Told my husband I was going to chip in to this thread to try and motivate me and he told me not to be so stupid but when do I ever listen to him?!

So, sorry to bore you all but I am going to play the name and shame game with the calories that pass my lips. It's going well so far today and I've even been to the gym so I'll be back on later confessing to all I have eaten.

Back after tea!

Binbird
Welcome to "Dieters for Oz" I have found this thread very inspirational.
Ohippy WELCOME BACK
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:05 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Back after tea!

Binbird

Hi Binbird welcome 1/2 stone or 10 stone all are welcome here, we all have the same problems. Any problems, successes, moans or tips we are with you.
So good luck

cheers Nicky
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:05 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hey I didn't say anything about not having no wine. We still have to drink wine. Lets not get silly now!
lol
Lace x
Glad to hear it although I wouldn't turn down a cold stubbie in the right climate
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:00 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcomes! It's the hardest part of the day now - the kids are back from school! They have raided the biscuit box and their tea is on. I'm just letting it all wash over me with another glass of water. God have I spent some time in the littlest room in the house today! That's my battle plan at the moment - whenever I feel at risk of having something I shouldn't I just have a glass of water. It's not very exciting but there's nothing to dislike about it. How long can I keep this up?!

So far, bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and O-J for breakfast, salad and cranberry and raspberry smoothie for lunch, three grapes (yes! 3 whole grapes) and I must have drunk at least the recommended 2 litres of water already today. (Trying to stay away from the coffee today as can only drink it with sugar and the temptation to dunk a biscuit would be too great!)

I even walked to do the school pick up today (and that on top of the gym this morning!) so you can't say I haven't started off keen! Just got to keep it up for approximately 6 hours and I'll be able to say I've had a good day (and then I'll have to concentrate on keeping it up every day!)

Will be back later to post about my tea. . . . . (sorry it I'm boring you but this is working for me so far!)

Binbird
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:45 pm
Is anyone listening

Thanks for the welcomes! It's the hardest part of the day now - the kids are back from school! They have raided the biscuit box and their tea is on. I'm just letting it all wash over me with another glass of water. God have I spent some time in the littlest room in the house today! That's my battle plan at the moment - whenever I feel at risk of having something I shouldn't I just have a glass of water. It's not very exciting but there's nothing to dislike about it. How long can I keep this up?!

So far, bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and O-J for breakfast, salad and cranberry and raspberry smoothie for lunch, three grapes (yes! 3 whole grapes) and I must have drunk at least the recommended 2 litres of water already today. (Trying to stay away from the coffee today as can only drink it with sugar and the temptation to dunk a biscuit would be too great!)

I even walked to do the school pick up today (and that on top of the gym this morning!) so you can't say I haven't started off keen! Just got to keep it up for approximately 6 hours and I'll be able to say I've had a good day (and then I'll have to concentrate on keeping it up every day!)

Will be back later to post about my tea. . . . . (sorry it I'm boring you but this is working for me so far!)

Binbird

go for it girl, steady on the grapes through little devils they are . Is it 2 lts of water we are aiming for, the only thing I can find is 8 large glasses, my large glasses only come to 1 1/2 lts. So will fill the jug with 2 lts and put it in the fridge.

Tip of the day

Apparently if you drink all your water straight from the fridge and iced. your body has to warm it up to body tempreture before it is any use to it. This hard internal work is the equal to a 2 mile moderate walk. how about that The down side is the health boffins tell us that luke warm water is better for us and that we should let our water come to room temp as even water straight from the tap in winter is too cold for us. Sorry the boffins are losing only because I prefer water cold.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:33 pm
nursey

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
go for it girl, steady on the grapes through little devils they are . Is it 2 lts of water we are aiming for, the only thing I can find is 8 large glasses, my large glasses only come to 1 1/2 lts. So will fill the jug with 2 lts and put it in the fridge.

Tip of the day

Apparently if you drink all your water straight from the fridge and iced. your body has to warm it up to body tempreture before it is any use to it. This hard internal work is the equal to a 2 mile moderate walk. how about that The down side is the health boffins tell us that luke warm water is better for us and that we should let our water come to room temp as even water straight from the tap in winter is too cold for us. Sorry the boffins are losing only because I prefer water cold.
Me too can't stand water at room temp! I have also tried to find out the daily recommend fluid consumption, but like you can only find the 8 large glasses a day! oh well, keep trying, we'll get there in the end!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:34 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000

Tip of the day

Some like it hot!!!! I'm one of them i.e. room temperature, not boiling water! Freshly boiled water with a slice of lemon is supposed to be good for a detox but I couldn't drink that.

And before you all think I had an unbelievably good first day I do have something to confess to: had a tiny slice (just an itsy bitsy one, honest) of chocolate cake for pudding after my lamb casserole with steamed green vegetables (no potatoes). Well. it would have been rude not to - the neighbours brought it round yesterday to apologise for their intruder alarm going off in the middle of the night. (Nice neighbours see - anyone want to buy a house with nice neighbours?! - oops, wrong thread!)

Anyway, the rest of the cake is safely sealed in tin foil for the girls to take in their packed lunches tomorrow so at least I won't be able to give into that temptation again tomorrow!

School report: Not a bad start but could do better!

Binbird
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:47 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Girlies!

Can I join too???!!!

I am 25, Just started my diet again today - I am doing the weight watchers at home thing - so I don't go to classes. I have set myself an initial goal of 18 pounds to lose - I am 5"9 tall so am fortunate enough to not look too drastic weight wise but shock :scared: I am now into the overweight catagory in my BMI so v. depressed

Does anyone else get friends telling you that you are 'fine' weight wise? I find that really annoying because you almost start to believe them but the scales and BMI tell a different story. I am a size 14, but most of my stuff is getting too tight and I am going to be into a 16 if I don't lose weight (I have never been as heavy before). Main reason for dieting is no clothes fit and shops make clothes for tiny people not big tall girls like me!

Also for health benefits - I carry a lot of the weight around my middle and thats very bad for your heart.

Planning to move to Brissie November this year and want to be slim again for all the mini skirts and bikini's i'll be wearing. I have lost this much weight before (for my wedding 1.5 years ago) and i will lose it again.

Best of luck everyone - I hope you don't mind me butting in at this stage, but could really do with the support.

Lynn
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:52 pm
nursey

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hello Girlies!

Can I join too???!!!

I am 25, Just started my diet again today - I am doing the weight watchers at home thing - so I don't go to classes. I have set myself an initial goal of 18 pounds to lose - I am 5"9 tall so am fortunate enough to not look too drastic weight wise but shock :scared: I am now into the overweight catagory in my BMI so v. depressed

Does anyone else get friends telling you that you are 'fine' weight wise? I find that really annoying because you almost start to believe them but the scales and BMI tell a different story. I am a size 14, but most of my stuff is getting too tight and I am going to be into a 16 if I don't lose weight (I have never been as heavy before). Main reason for dieting is no clothes fit and shops make clothes for tiny people not big tall girls like me!

Also for health benefits - I carry a lot of the weight around my middle and thats very bad for your heart.

Planning to move to Brissie November this year and want to be slim again for all the mini skirts and bikini's i'll be wearing. I have lost this much weight before (for my wedding 1.5 years ago) and i will lose it again.

Best of luck everyone - I hope you don't mind me butting in at this stage, but could really do with the support.

Lynn
More the merrier
Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:28 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Hello Girlies!

Can I join too???!!!

Lynn
Hi Lynn

I only decided to do something about the weight today too so we are working on the same timescales here!

I put myself in the same category as you! Yes, the friends all say "you look fine" and that I don't look any different to 10 years ago but it's all about how we feel. They don't see the bulge hanging over the top of the trousers carefully concealed by a cleverly chosen top! I've got 10 years on you (and three children) so I just feel that if I don't take myself in hand now it'll be a downwards spiral all the way to being 6 foot under!

It's now or never - go for it!

Binbird
Old Mar 14th 2005, 9:30 pm
Is anyone listening

Hello Girlies!

Can I join too???!!!

Lynn

As Mandi say more the merrier. The time comes to everyone and if it is you that has picked that time then you are more likley to suceed than if it is just because you must, mine is both have tackled alot of things and this is just the next one so that is my decision, but also have to do it for the medical so that is the time frame factor to keep me going. So it does not matter what other people say, I get we love the way you are and that is nice, they do love you and want to make life easy for you, but enough is enough. So do what you feel is right. I have a large large amount of weight to lose, but I stand in the weight watchers queue and listen to ladies (usually older, so envy of age and weight might count) snipe at the less well rounded people, and feel very annoyed with them. Those ladies have reached their point of action alot earlier than some of us, wish I had, if you can start to redress the problem at 1/2 stone how much more sensible is that than waiting until 4 stone.

Nicky
Old Mar 14th 2005, 9:39 pm
Is anyone listening

This was just sent to me, thought it would make you all smile, it is easier to eat less, when you are feeling happier

"A Woman's Poem "

He didn't like the casserole

And he didn't like my cake.

My biscuits were too hard...

Not like his mother used to make

I didn't perk the coffee right

He didn't like the stew,

I didn't mend his socks

The way his mother used to do.

I pondered for an answer

I was looking for a clue.

Then I turned around and smacked him...

Like his Mother used to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.