Dieter's for OZ

Old May 21st 2006, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

honestly dont worry at all, i was so scared about my weight for the medical i did mamage to get in the correct BMI but at the very top, but it wasnt even mentioned aslong as your blood pressure is fine and you are healthy it doesnt matter, honestly im here in oz (and put all my weight back on unfortunatly) i am now at the gym and loving it.

toni

Originally Posted by Tracijbc
Hi there,

I am really new to this site and have ploughed my way through all of the diet posts.

Can anyne tell me what they are looking for weightwise in the medical for Oz? I am soooo scared that I will be the reason we get turned down.

Thanks and all your comments and advice duly taken

Traci xx
Old May 22nd 2006, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Well what a good week that was - NOT !!

I gained 3lbs but lost 1.5cm (?) I wasn't incredibly bad but am soooooo fed up - Im 2lbs off having gained 3 stone in less than a year. My knees hurt, my belly flaps when I walk and I'm really struggling to put my shoes on now.

If I had a knife sharp enough I'd cut all of this fat off
Old May 22nd 2006, 6:46 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
Well what a good week that was - NOT !!

I gained 3lbs but lost 1.5cm (?) I wasn't incredibly bad but am soooooo fed up - Im 2lbs off having gained 3 stone in less than a year. My knees hurt, my belly flaps when I walk and I'm really struggling to put my shoes on now.

If I had a knife sharp enough I'd cut all of this fat off
You've lost 1.5cm?! At least your size is shrinking then if your weight isn't?

I'm not even going near the scales - I'm so mad with myself - I started the beginning of this year so determined to lose weight and yet here I am heavier than before. I don't doubt I've put the same weight as you on this year.

Crap isn't it

Pass the knife when you've finished with it
Old May 22nd 2006, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mandi248
Why is it so difficult to lose but so damn easy to put back on
This is because when you fast your body sheds muscle as well as fat - usually 40% muscle vs 60% fat for each pound lost. This results in your metabolic rate (which is proportional to the muscle you have) being lower after your dieting.

i.e. you become a smaller version of your unhealthy self. Whats worse... your body fights against your fat loss by eating muscle so you consume less energy. Losing fat is all about consuming energy - but, as you fast your body 'shuts down' and prevents you from burning energy. Also... as soon as you change your eating habits you put weight back on faster because you lost all that muscle. (Muscle consumes energy every minute of the day... even when sleeping).

Instead of working against your body you can work with it by doing training with weights. If you do this and eat a descent amout of protein (not atkins... just make sure you have some protein with every meal... yes with breakfast too) then you can lose fat whilst maintaining or even building muscle. i.e. you raise or maintain your metabolic rate.

You don't have to become a bodybuilder but you should definately integrate 50% weight training into your exercise program if you intend to reduce bodyfat. Make sure it is intense enough to build muscle.

Shouldn't be an issue for most but... if you get into bodybuilding: Don't worry about your BMI if its because of muscle... a high BMI due to muscle is not unhealthy and the doctor knows that.
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Crap isn't it

Pass the knife when you've finished with it[/QUOTE]

then me please
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
Crap isn't it

then me please [/QUOTE]

Hi all,
not been on here for a while and noticed a few new faces. Vicious circle seems to have reared it's ugly head, ( you struggle to lose a pound or two and when you don't or even gain you are so gutted you reach straight for the chocolate or crisps ) THIS MUST BE RECOGNISED so that you can take steps to avoid falling into the same trap.
It's happened to us all at some point, we must turn a negative into a positive. Any tips on how to stop yourself opening the fridge and snacking would be greatly appreciated .
Lol x
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Crap isn't it

then me please [/QUOTE]

**************** just seen your mail and forgot I'm supposed to be being good !

So far I've had special k for breakfast, then 35g bag nuts and raisins, small bag low fat pretzels, splendachips, egg mayo sarnie, small bag of revels and a highlights. If I have some fruit and cereal for the rest of the day is that ok ? Or have I overdone it once again ?
Old May 22nd 2006, 1:02 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Dieter's for OZ

HOW MUCH?????

lol...
ive had my fruit n fibre, and a HUGE banana, havnt been out on my bike yet today though as its torrential rain here

Originally Posted by ohippy
then me please

**************** just seen your mail and forgot I'm supposed to be being good !

So far I've had special k for breakfast, then 35g bag nuts and raisins, small bag low fat pretzels, splendachips, egg mayo sarnie, small bag of revels and a highlights. If I have some fruit and cereal for the rest of the day is that ok ? Or have I overdone it once again ?[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 11th 2006, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Well the kellogs challenge made me put 2lb's on in total which miffed me to say the least.
Well started back on the slimfast plan last week and guess what? i have lost 2 and 1/2lbs well chuffed.
Hope this is the start.
Mandy
Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Well the kellogs challenge made me put 2lb's on in total which miffed me to say the least.
Well started back on the slimfast plan last week and guess what? i have lost 2 and 1/2lbs well chuffed.
Hope this is the start.
Mandy
Hey Mandy,

Nice to know that I'm in good company - my slimfast plan starts tomorrow. In fact I've just been to the Spar to get skimmed milk for my choccie shakes!

Cheers
Jo
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joeyb
Hey Mandy,

Nice to know that I'm in good company - my slimfast plan starts tomorrow. In fact I've just been to the Spar to get skimmed milk for my choccie shakes!

Cheers
Jo

I dont like the powdered one so i get the cans and the smoothies. So far so good . Went to the gym for an hour today and sweated buckets on the tread mil it was so hot got was i glad to hit the showers.
Keep up the good work guys
Mandy
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
I dont like the powdered one so i get the cans and the smoothies. So far so good . Went to the gym for an hour today and sweated buckets on the tread mil it was so hot got was i glad to hit the showers.
Keep up the good work guys
Mandy
well girls, was ther only ohippy who lost weight on the challenge??

i dont know how, but since coming off it and cutting down, i ve only lost 5lbs!! thats half a stone in 2 weeks bloody delighted, but dont ask me how!! still drinking lots

ggood luck girlies, keep up the good work
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, I don't think I've actually posted on this thread, though I should have done because I've been dieting like mad. I had a baby last year and went up to 12 and a half stone , so have been trying to lose the weight. I lost quite a bit last year, got down to about 11 and a half but then we went on a trip to Oz and ate everything in sight because we were on holiday, so the weight crept up again and continued to do so steadily till Christmas, when I reached 12 stone 1. I was horrified, how did I let myself get like this? Historically I've always been around the 10 stone mark or below which I can just about cope with (I'd rather really be 9 stone but that's a distant dream). Anyway, since Christmas and despite another trip to Oz, I've managed to lose 25 pounds and got myself down to 10 stone 4. Unfortunately the last week or so has been somewhat of a celebration, due to hubby's birthday and our wedding anniversary within 2 days of each other, and too many celebratory meals and food. I haven't dared weigh myself but suffice to say, if I've only put on two pounds I'm being optimistic. The diet has resumed in earnest (apart from a couple of Fox's Rocky Bars today) and I hope to be able to report more success from now on. I'm giving myself a target of 9 and a half stone which should be easy given my weight loss so far, but it just seems so far away.
Much encouragement to all you others in the same boat. It can be done, it's just such a hard slog.
By the way, I didn't give up my wine during this diet, I like it a bit too much! But I still managed to lose weight, so I don't intend to lay off it! Good luck, all of you.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
Hi all, I don't think I've actually posted on this thread, though I should have done because I've been dieting like mad. I had a baby last year and went up to 12 and a half stone , so have been trying to lose the weight. I lost quite a bit last year, got down to about 11 and a half but then we went on a trip to Oz and ate everything in sight because we were on holiday, so the weight crept up again and continued to do so steadily till Christmas, when I reached 12 stone 1. I was horrified, how did I let myself get like this? Historically I've always been around the 10 stone mark or below which I can just about cope with (I'd rather really be 9 stone but that's a distant dream). Anyway, since Christmas and despite another trip to Oz, I've managed to lose 25 pounds and got myself down to 10 stone 4. Unfortunately the last week or so has been somewhat of a celebration, due to hubby's birthday and our wedding anniversary within 2 days of each other, and too many celebratory meals and food. I haven't dared weigh myself but suffice to say, if I've only put on two pounds I'm being optimistic. The diet has resumed in earnest (apart from a couple of Fox's Rocky Bars today) and I hope to be able to report more success from now on. I'm giving myself a target of 9 and a half stone which should be easy given my weight loss so far, but it just seems so far away.
Much encouragement to all you others in the same boat. It can be done, it's just such a hard slog.
By the way, I didn't give up my wine during this diet, I like it a bit too much! But I still managed to lose weight, so I don't intend to lay off it! Good luck, all of you.

Well done you sound like me i lost loads after my baby went from a size 20 down to 14 took 2 years but last year the weight crept back up.
Off to oz for a visit in Oct and that is my motivation.
Mandy
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:55 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

well girls, was ther only ohippy who lost weight on the challenge??

i dont know how, but since coming off it and cutting down, i ve only lost 5lbs!! thats half a stone in 2 weeks bloody delighted, but dont ask me how!! still drinking lots
I didn't lose any, but I didn't gain any either

I really need to get my act together now though cos we are planning to be off in September :scared: Do you think I can lose 2 stone by then?

If this hot weather keeps up I should be ok, I haven't eaten much today, no snacks but I have drunk a lot and I have been v busy cleaning, painting and weeding. So much to do to get the house on the market by the weekend

Oh well, enough of a break, back to the chores!!!

Have a good week everyone

Shirley x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.