Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:38 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Is there room for one more on here?

So can I join you please?
Hello and welcome to the club!

There seems to be new recruits on a daily basis at the moment - Lace, you started this - we need a head count!!!

Make your own rules up and let us know how you get on! I've got three kids too so I know how much temptation there is to eat some of 'their' stuff but I decided to cut out coffee and not eat at all between meals and managed to lose 4 lbs in the first week.

Good luck with your weight loss plan!

Binbird
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:28 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there room for one more on here?

I just took the test and I came up with a bmi of 28.8. Cos I am only short i am starting to look like a little barrel. I make lots of starts but they don't last long. I have been a member of a gym for nearly a year but i don't get there half as much as i would like. I am thinking of going to Slimming World but it won't be until after half term as i have 3 kids off school.

I finished work just over a week ago for lots of different reasons, but that was playing havoc with my eating habits. I workd from 9.30 to 2.30. I would have breakfast most days, but if I didn't have time I would eat anything or the boss would buy sausage rolls or doughnuts and I have no willpower to say no when she was stuffing it under my nose! I would not have a lunch break as I only worked 5 hours so I would come in starving and eat anything I could get my hands on, usually high in calories and fat. I would try and go to the gym, but if my oldest was busy I couldn't leave the younger ones on their own. Any excuse was a good one though.

Then i would graze continually till my husband got in from work about 6.30 and we would be eating about 7.30 - 8.00 so in the last year or so I have gained a stone and a half. Its all my fault I know and I really need to do better.

I know that I will have to do medicals for Oz and this is so important to me I know that if I can get through the first couple of weeks i will be ok. It is breaking the bad habits in the first place that do me.

So can I join you please?
Hi yes hello and welcome to the fat club! oops I mean fit club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!! We all have different amounts of weight to lose - for some nothing, its just maintenance and toning for others its to reduce high BMI's - but hopefully we can support and motivate each other - its working for me so far, although the mint easter egg on the weekend is fast approaching and I'm gonna eat some of it - don't know whether to eat the lot in one go or eat tiny bits each day!!!!!??? Figure that just prolong's the badness!!!???

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on - some diet karma coming your way to see if that helps!!!!!

Lynn
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi all

Can I join too ?

I want to lose weight aswell. I'm okay at starting the diet but don't last till the end of the day!

That's terrible isn't it ?

Theresa
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

Awww come on guys! There's 17 pages I can't do a head count. Can I, well may be.
Welcome all.
I have to weigh in tomorrow and we ae just waiting for is it sarah to come back with her weight loss for this week
speak to you soon
love lace
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:45 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi all

Can I join too ?

I want to lose weight aswell. I'm okay at starting the diet but don't last till the end of the day!

That's terrible isn't it ?

Theresa
Welcome and come aboard!!!!!!!!!! This thread is gonna be huge!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to all newies !!

I've just found Aladin's cave for dieters - M & S sell loads of chocie stuff which is low fat and low cal. I've just had a chocolate sundae but there was mousse (choc and mint choc), muffin desserts and hot choc puddings etc. Wonderful, expensive but wonderful
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Welcome Shazza, nice to have another member on board.

Tonight is the night... if I step on scales again tonight at WW and there is no change, I'm not going again. In the 3 weeks I've been following the diet I've had 1 bad weekend and have increased my exercise by loads ie: I didn't do any before. So if there is no change tonight, I'm going to invest the money in scales. I lost loads of weight last year by myself and this time I have all of you on here, so by my reckoning I'm far better off and not paying £4.95 a week to get dirty looks and no support. I'll update you all after weigh in tonight.
hugs
Sarah
C'mon Sarah - tell us - we're all waiting with bated breath here !

Is that how much WW is - £4.95 ?! I pay that for Rosemary Conley but get an exercise class included in the price as well, much better value I reckon. But it's whatever suits you best and most of all WORKS !!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I agree with you Sarah

I am not a fan of WW either. I always felt their main aim was to keep flogging their products more than actually get to the nitty gritty and REALLY help you sort out the problem for good. This has more to do with whats going on in your mind than buying the latest gadgets/ recipe books/ food products etc etc.
How much time when you are there is spent on dealing with that side of things compared to promoting sales? Over here its around $16 per week just to turn up there.
I have made up my own weight charts/ weightloss record book/recipe database (from internet searches)/exercise regime and none of it has cost me a cent. I weigh myself for free too...lol
I consider myself a fairly intelligent person and, after being overweight for quite a few years AND being diabetic, I have been given, and listened to all the right advice. I know what i SHOULD be eating, how much, and in what quantities. Education was never the issue. It was getting my head around it, being in the right frame of mind and putting it all into practice which elluded me.

But, saying all this its whatever works best for you, and if WW gives you what you need to achieve your goals then good onya i say... i just dont find them of any use to me. My husband has joined WW because it works for him, but its just not for me.
I have lost 22kg since August (had a slight blip around christmas and after) but now really focused and enjoying the new lifestyle i am carving out for myself.

I sincerely hope you all achieve your goals...i wont say good luck because luck has nothing to do with it
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:34 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome, it really does feel like a slimming club. Feel really motivated today and have managed to not eat any chocolate or white bread (both my downfalls)
Dont like that BMI though must be wrong it said 27.3 aaaagggggg.
Glad for the tip about the Davina tape though as there is now way I could have kept at that thigh part, I could hardly walk today or get out of a chair which I am sure looked good at my job interview

Sharon
xx
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:42 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit to being a complete ignoramus! I have just had the difference between body fat and BMI explained to me. I was whinging on earlier about my scales giving me a reading of between 28-30% but this being inconsistent with various BMI calculators where I get a reading of 20-22%. As I now understand it my scales actually monitor body fat (yuk - almost a third of me is fat!) and the BMI is a completely separate calculation (not a percentage of your body composition). So now I know that I have a more than acceptable BMI yet it is my body fat that I am unhappy with. I know that a healthy BMI would be in the range of 20-25 but where can I find what a healthy amount of body fat is charted?

Anyone any clues?

Binbird (confused again!)
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

Oh God Binbird,
where are you going with this. Your confused! I think you must look ok as you are. If you don't feel ok then get your self to that gym lol.
Ohippy how are ya eyes babe?
I hope they are ok.
Well bed time I think otherwise I can feel a fridge coming on
night every one and morning podgypossum
Lace
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:18 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the diet Karma guys, gonna need it over the next couple of days. not only is it Easter but I have to go an live with the Mother in Law while hubby fits new bathroom. OMG give me choc and give it me now!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:29 pm

Thanks for the diet Karma guys, gonna need it over the next couple of days. not only is it Easter but I have to go an live with the Mother in Law while hubby fits new bathroom. OMG give me choc and give it me now!!!!
lol, snap and mine watches everything that I put in my mouth and always tells me that I look 9 months pregnant lol....It makes me want to eat just to wind her up
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:34 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
lol, snap and mine watches everything that I put in my mouth and always tells me that I look 9 months pregnant lol....It makes me want to eat just to wind her up
Mine is four times the size I am but because i keep telling her that she would be better off if she lost weight (she has raised bp, IBS and arthritis in her knees) she thinks she should do the same for me!!! I am so glad she is going away for Easter that way if the bathroom does take longer I won't have to live with her, just at her house. Mind you I might have to clean it and I don't know if I have that long left. I think I may just leave her a copy of "how clean is your house". not that she would get the hint.

I will need a few tomorrow and I don't even drink!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:41 pm

Mine is four times the size I am but because i keep telling her that she would be better off if she lost weight (she has raised bp, IBS and arthritis in her knees) she thinks she should do the same for me!!! I am so glad she is going away for Easter that way if the bathroom does take longer I won't have to live with her, just at her house. Mind you I might have to clean it and I don't know if I have that long left. I think I may just leave her a copy of "how clean is your house". not that she would get the hint.

I will need a few tomorrow and I don't even drink!!
lol. Mine has had 8 children and is 80 years old and is still the same size 12 that she has always been and still runs for the bus. I have to admit she is bloody amazing and has really looked after her body but has a habit of looking down on anyone that doesnt do the same. Her pride and joy is a picture of her in her 50's after 8 kids in a cut out swimming costume, not a stretch mark or lump in sight......
Wonder what we will turn to, drink or chocolate or both :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.