Dieter's for OZ

Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Well done teach.

I lost a pound again. Still not broken that 12 st barrier but will keep trying. Am eating a lot at the mo as have a headache. Have taken tablet but it's not working so eating instead !! Whoops.

Also hope to meet you at the Bristol meet up. I usually avoid those things as am shy but feel that I know you already !! How daft is that ?!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:11 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Shirley is it a buck rabbit (a boy!)? My dwarf lop rabbit Alvin developed a testicular tumour a few years ago - the vet said the same thing...as long as he was happy etc. etc. - he lived for another few months then it started really affecting him - he couldn't clean himself etc. and he went off his food - eventually we felt it kinder to put him down. Just make sure that he is eating his food happily and check he dosen't appear to be in pain with it. You might also have to clean his underside so it dosen't get dirty if the lump gets in the way. I was so upset when my bunny was put down - i cried for days and couldn't go to the vets with my mum because I was so upset.
You have my sympathy - hope he is OK
Lynn

Hi Lynn

Yes he is a boy, he's a cross lop called Spike. He's an albino and because of this we always make sure he is shaded just to be safe. so far he is doing ok, but we wil just have to monitor him. I know I wil be upset, but I also know that when the time comes it will be the best thing.

I will keep an eye on his belly, thank you for warning me of that.

Anyway, been to college and had my brain fried so I need to go to bed now. Exams!!! I hate em, and I have another 3 to go.

See you guys tomorrow

Shirley
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:32 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Well I don't know what happened as I sent a message early this morning (before 7) but somehow it's not on here....

Ilost 2lbs

Hugs
Sarah

Well done Sarah! You've managed to keep it up despite being back amongst the mindless mob at work!

And Heather - another pound, well done.

Cover your ears - I'm just going to give Lace a shout - I saw her posting on some other threads earlier but I think she may have lost her way here! lol

"Lace - come back and make us laugh"

Night all

Binbird
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Good morning all

Up at 5.45am this morning, workout at 6am with daughter. Am struggling a bit with my ankles again. However daughter (eldest) had a virus last week which she managed to have recovered from by Saturday photo session. I started to go down with it on Friday, headache and very achey in muscles and joints. Therefore have struggled with workouts and not done as much. I am assuming it is the bug that is still making my ankles feel a little strained and hopefully not a problem that I am going to continue with!

Sarah, well done on 2lb loss, that's really good and feels wonderful if other people are noticing.

Shirley, I am sure you will work those 2lbs off this week with the visits to the gum.

Bridiej, well done on 3lbs loss, so sorry about your cat.

Ohippy, 1 lb loss is very good, I am sure you will break through the 12 stone soon.

I haven't really been watching my diet this week at all. Not feeling as organised as I would like to. Steve is off to Prague with the lads this weekend so I am hoping to do a car-boot sale somewhere to clear the pile of unwanted things I have accumulated.

On Monday daughter no. 1 is off to France with the school for their 'Enrichment Week' and I will really miss her.

So guess who is doing all the ironing, packing etc for these 2 members of the family going off to enjoy themselves??? Yes, me!

Oh well, must dash, have a good day
Theresa
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:10 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all,

Well done Sarah, bridiej, Chippy and binbird for losing, extra well done to Theresa for getting up at that ungodly hour and exercising while not feeling 100%!

Binbird - i will join you in giving Lace a shout, but I must warn you I am LOUD,
LACEY WHERE ARE YOU?

Now, you all know I am attending a wedding next weekend, you may remember I have to sit on the top table, so I need to look a nice as I can manage. I have been putting off the shopping trip, but as hubby had a late start this morning he made me go shopping with him. I had a look on the net yesterday so I knew what was out there (I hate shopping unless I know what I am going for). I saw a dress on the M & S site, I went in there, tried it on, it looks pretty good so I bought it, along with a jacket and a skirt (for the friday night) and another top hubby liked. I can wear the jacket over the dress too. i am not dreading it so much now.

Checked the status of the skills assessment on the ACS site this morning and it now says "case finalised"! So I suppose we just have to wait for them to contact us and tell us one way or another of the decision. I had butterflies before, but now I think they are hummingbirds!!!!!! I hope they hurry up.

To those of you out there who have lots or ironing to do (binbird, chippy) I am thinking of taking mine outside to do, as it is too hot to do indoors and if I don't get it done it will just keep piling up! I have a plug socket very near my back door so I can do it on the patio.

See you later, have a good day all.

Shirley

S
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:27 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shirley

Yup - I've still got a pile of ironing and I washed another two of Andy's work shirts this morning so the pile has grown again - yuk! Work shirts are the worst but at least he has only got another 30 days of work to go. . . . .!! :scared:

I went to the gym this morning - ran 3.5k and cycled 6k and then went and used the resistance machines. I still haven't started Ulrika's "ab fabs" workout - I'd like to make an improvement in the tummy department before I expose it in Mauritius!

I went to Tescos after the gym and it was heaving. Fortunately I didn't have to get too much as we are going to see my uncle and aunt in Hereford on Saturday and then we have got a barbeque to go to on Sunday. So, as it looks like I won't get the ironing done over the weekend I'd better get the extension lead and get out on the patio now!

Catch you all later.

Binbird
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:32 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done to all who have lost weight this week - 6lbs between you!!!

I weigh in again tonight at Scottish slimmers - just praying not to of put on as I have been over my check allowance slightly a few days - will be happy to stay the same (or obviously lose) so I can start shifting the weight again next week.

Its me and Marcs 2nd wedding anniversary on Tuesday and I would really like to go out for a meal (3 course with wine naturally!) - just feel guilty though knowing I won't have enough checks though.

Keep your fingers crossed for me tonight!

Lynn
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:06 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Its me and Marcs 2nd wedding anniversary on Tuesday and I would really like to go out for a meal (3 course with wine naturally!) - just feel guilty though knowing I won't have enough checks though.

Keep your fingers crossed for me tonight!

Lynn

Hi Lynn

Haven't done the ironing - I did get as far as the patio but was reading the local paper instead!

You must have the day off on your anniversary (congratulations on Tuesday. . .) Go on treat yourself and just be very good for the rest of the week! In three weeks time it will be our 12th anniversary and I will definitely be going out (and I hope hubby will come with me!)

Good luck at tonight's weigh in.

Binbird
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Checked the status of the skills assessment on the ACS site this morning and it now says "case finalised"! So I suppose we just have to wait for them to contact us and tell us one way or another of the decision. I had butterflies before, but now I think they are hummingbirds!!!!!! I hope they hurry up.
S
Hi Shirley

I didn't even know that you could monitor your skills assessment, we were never told about the TRA having that facility.

I wish DIMIA had something where we could keep tabs on where they were with applications. Hate the waiting, mind you we are near the end now so it should all be over soon.

Ironing outside sounds good, might give that a try later.

Theresa
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:21 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi Shirley

I didn't even know that you could monitor your skills assessment, we were never told about the TRA having that facility.

I wish DIMIA had something where we could keep tabs on where they were with applications. Hate the waiting, mind you we are near the end now so it should all be over soon.

Ironing outside sounds good, might give that a try later.

Theresa
You cant keep track of TRA - seems strange that some depts use a tracking system and some dont and deffo agree that if DIMIA did it would be great to see where our visa was languishing!

Well, I've done well today, eaten some lunch for the first time all week!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:29 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Since we are all so good at sharing on here, just thought I'd let you know that I have finished the ironing!

Binbird
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:57 pm
Where I want to be

Hi all,

Well done binbird for doing that ironing. I had just got set up to do mine and I had a visitor who wanted to sit inside and chat as she gets hayfever! What was wrong with taking a pill before she came out?

Anyway, I still haven't done it and it is only getting bigger as I have done two more loads of washing today!

I am certainly glad that the ACS do have the facility to track the application for skills assessment, but they could do with an explanation of each stage, and the timescales. It could still be a couple of weeks before we know the outcome, so it looks like these hummingbirds are here for a while. Still it might curb my appetite a bit!

So far today I have had breakfast (cereal), a yoghurt, a banana and a peach. I will have a chicken salad for tea and I have made a lovely big fruit salad.

Lynn - I agree with binbird, I had the night off for my anniversary, I ate loads, starter, main and had dessert and I still managed to lose weight that week, so go for it. Birthdays , anniversarys and other special days must be days off.

ok got a child to deliver to brownies

Have a good evening

Shirley
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:13 pm
Where I want to be

Just got a letter that was sent to my next door neighbour by mistake.

It was from the ACS!!!!

WE GOT A POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!!!!!!

I am so excited

I can't get hold of Steve as he is on his way home on his bike.

OMG I think I will have a drink tonight!!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:15 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Shirley

You have had a good day foodwise but I have had a bad one. In fact the day started off badly:

I insisted that my middle daughter wore a summer dress to school today rather than her usual choice of trousers and a sweatshirt (all school issue). She threw an absolute wobbly and wouldn't even take off her night clothes until Andy came along with a few choice words (i.e.threats!)

She was grumpy all through breakfast which isn't unusual as she knows how to drag out a bad mood but I thought we had past the worst of it. However, when we arrived at school she started complaining of feeling sick and was doing huge sobs which welled up in her throat and sounded awful (she has perfected this technique over the years!) Anyway, I explained to her teacher what it was all about and she dragged Amy off me screaming and kicking and managed a very good diversion tactic!

Amy is very much a tom boy and loves playing football with the boys so knows how they taunt any girls who unwillingly show their underwear and I think this is the main reason for her being so anti a dress at school. She is generally fussy when it comes to clothes and will only wear clothes that pull on without any zips, buttons, drawstrings, bows etc etc. She started this when she was about 2 which wasn't too much of a problem but I guess I made a rod for my own back as finding clothes for a nearly 6 year old (who wears clothes age 8+) is no easy task!

Then on the way home, I'm trying to supervise the youngest on her bicycle (with wobbly stabilisers) whilst trying to carry two homework folders, two sandwich bags, two water bottles, a cuddly leopard etc etc - I tell the elder two that they will have to carry something as I can't manage it all and keep an eye on Izzy and Amy again throws another huge wobbly and then to top it all off she falls over and gets a bleeding knee and howls all the way home. If this is how heat affects her I think we had better rethink Australia!

Was feeling frazzled by the time we got home and reached for the biscuit box - 2 jaffa cakes and three shortbread biscuits. Wasn't in any mood for making myself a separate tea as I usually do so have sat down to tuna pasta bake and brocolli with the kids. Feel stuffed now. Huh.

Binbird (bloated)
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:16 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Just got a letter that was sent to my next door neighbour by mistake.

It was from the ACS!!!!

WE GOT A POSITIVE ASSESSMENT!!!!!!

I am so excited

I can't get hold of Steve as he is on his way home on his bike.

OMG I think I will have a drink tonight!!

WOW, WOW WOW ! ! ! !

And all that again!

Congratulations Shirley - hope the hummingbirds have gone now! Enjoy sharing the news with Steve later. . . .

Binbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.