Dieter's for OZ

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi there

Well to those of you who remember me saying about the photo session tomorrow, I received a phone call today from Steve. So busy at work cannot possible make it tomorrow and I should go on my own with the girls.

Firstly our main reason for having them done is that we are going to give one to my parents when we leave. So he doesn't necessarily feel that he has to be in them.

I contacted the studio and they were very concerned, felt he would really be missing out if he didn't come so they have waivered cancellation fee and re-scheduled for Saturday at 4.30pm.

So an extra day to lose weight!

All worked out in the end. Apparently it's quite fun in the studio, all about having fun, think all photos are barefeet. We are all wearing jeans and white tops, probably go for the black and white photos. You play games and lie on beanbags, that type of thing, all very natural. Should be so good for the children, rather than sat and posing and waiting for everyone to smile.

Will let you all know how it goes afterwards.

Theresa
Sounds like fun
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi to newbies Gina and Nicky!!!!!!

Well weighed in at Scottish slimmers again tonight!

1st week - 5 1/2 pounds loss
This week- 1 1/2 pounds loss = 7 pound loss in 2 weeks

I'm so chuffed to bits with myself - just had a lovely big plate of spag. bol and half a baguette of Asda good for you garlic bread for my Tea (all well within my check allowance for the day!!!!)

My treat tonight will be a mini calippo (and they are actually quite big!) - they last ages and are lovely and sweet - I can also have another piece of fruit as part of my free daily allowance.

Attending the class has been great for me - its really motivating me along as I will only disappoint myself if I go and don't lose.
I'm finding SS easier than WW due to the free dairy allowance and the 2 pieces of fruit allowance per day.

To anyone thats struggling its just about finding what works for you - i'm sure I will have weeks that are hard especially when you don't lose weight but think of the health benefits of that lower fat/ calorie diet.

Lynn
Well done lynne....brill weightloss in 2 weeks...keep up the good work....have sent you some 'well done' karma
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Theresa - would love to know how u get on with those photos tomorrow. Have seen the results and they are fab. Great idea for gifts but have to say the price would worry me. I'd get lured in with offers of cheap deals and ending up spending thousands I didn't have !!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohippy
Theresa - would love to know how u get on with those photos tomorrow. Have seen the results and they are fab. Great idea for gifts but have to say the price would worry me. I'd get lured in with offers of cheap deals and ending up spending thousands I didn't have !!
Hi there

Yes, these people (Venture) have been exhibiting their work locally, absolutely brilliant.

Very expensive, but to us it seems like the ideal gift to my family. Of course we will probably end up having something ourselves aswell.

Our first visit is the studio session, second visit is when you are called to their cinema room. You view all the photos on a big screen and they play about with them, colour, black and white, add just one colour in etc. They also help with framing. It really is an overall service. Once you place the order that takes about 6-8 weeks.

We also filled out a questionairre when they were exhibiting which puts you into a draw for a £125 voucher. Well we received a phone call to tell us that we had won a voucher but this was already after we had booked the session so that was a bonus. They told me that we could use it to cover the studio session of £50 plus £75 towards order.

Theresa
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:39 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Haven't been getting on here as regularly as usual - combination of half term, training for my 10k (this Sunday 11am - forecast cold and wet!) and trying to make decisions re the big move! One minute we fancy Mauritius, the next it's Hawaii and the next it's camping round France or a cheap all inclusive package to Turkey. . . . . The only "certainty" at the moment is that our flight will be via Hong Kong with a 3-4 day stopover.

Lynn - many, many congratulations on shifting half a stone in two weeks! I said you could do it girl! Now keep up the good work and let us all know what treats you have been buying yourself!

Theresa - I am very jealous about your photo session - hope everyone cooperates on the day! We had a professional photographer into playgroup a couple of weeks ago and since the school is just opposite I dragged my older two in and got the three of them done individually and as a group. However, I know already that I will only be buying the individual shots of daughter no.1 and daughter no. 3 as daughter no.2 had a face on her that I wouldn't like to be reminded of!

Eating has slackened a bit this week with it being half term and hubby is taking me out for a meal tomorrow night to stock up on the carbs for my run! No booze for me though - i want to give this my best shot! I know the weather conditions are not particularly in my favour but I so wanted to break the hour! If I don't manage it there is another local 10k mid July so I may just have to enter that as well! (Now I know I have gone mad!!!)

Must do the ironing now before we go and spend the day with my sis and her 4 girls! As you can see, we lost the recipe for boys in our family - lol!

Bye for now

Binbird
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:56 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Best of luck with your run on Sunday. I hope it manages to stay dry for you. You are a much better woman than I could ever hope to be.

Anne
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:40 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Wooohhhhooo, I'm so happy. The survey has finally been booked for Monday, that was the only thing holding us up. If buyers want to be done and dusted quickly we could be homeless in about 2 weeks, can't wipe the grin off my face.

Binbird, good luck for teh race on Sunday, I'm sure you will do brilliantly.

ohippy, I reckon you have a great idea brewing with the diet kit swap. Maybe you should look into it.

Great news on your weight loss Lynn, stick with it and you'll be right, lol.

Well I am absolutely knackered. Does walking around the Bath and West show for 4 1/2 hours count as exercise. Do you know, we didn't sit down once.

Love and hugs
Sarah Gi Diet Guru, well not quite!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:43 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by teach
Wooohhhhooo, I'm so happy. The survey has finally been booked for Monday, that was the only thing holding us up. If buyers want to be done and dusted quickly we could be homeless in about 2 weeks, can't wipe the grin off my face.

Binbird, good luck for teh race on Sunday, I'm sure you will do brilliantly.

ohippy, I reckon you have a great idea brewing with the diet kit swap. Maybe you should look into it.

Great news on your weight loss Lynn, stick with it and you'll be right, lol.

Well I am absolutely knackered. Does walking around the Bath and West show for 4 1/2 hours count as exercise. Do you know, we didn't sit down once.

Love and hugs
really pleased for you Sarah. Hope everything soon goes through so that you can be off.

I have been very busy last couple of days. Took my son to a cricket match yesterday that lasted 5 and a half hours Not my idea of fun! Been busy today collecting boxes to clear out cupboards and do car boot sales in readiness for selling our house.

I feel so focused with my diet now I know we have to book meds. I used to go to slimming world but am not going anywhere at the moment. I am considering being brave and posting my weight (actual weight not just weight loss) on here each week to shame me into sticking to it. I promise to be honest if I do decide to be brave.

Anne
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Love and hugs
Sarah - were you at the Bath & West today ? We went - would say I never saw you but I have no idea what you look like anyway !!

We had a fab day - didn't get there until 11.30am for one reason and another (vets were late, directions sent us off all round tiny villages, traffic jams, stop because eldest felt sick, another stop as both kids needed to pee !!) and had a great time until 2pm - then the heavens opened and everything was flooded - no shows took place and the stalls all shut. We were all soaked from head to toe including underwear and paid £40 for the privilege. Couldn't even find anything healthy to eat so ended up with fudge and a bacon butty !! :scared: Not the best day I've had.

Heather
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there

Yes, these people (Venture) have been exhibiting their work locally, absolutely brilliant.

Very expensive, but to us it seems like the ideal gift to my family. Of course we will probably end up having something ourselves aswell.

Our first visit is the studio session, second visit is when you are called to their cinema room. You view all the photos on a big screen and they play about with them, colour, black and white, add just one colour in etc. They also help with framing. It really is an overall service. Once you place the order that takes about 6-8 weeks.

We also filled out a questionairre when they were exhibiting which puts you into a draw for a £125 voucher. Well we received a phone call to tell us that we had won a voucher but this was already after we had booked the session so that was a bonus. They told me that we could use it to cover the studio session of £50 plus £75 towards order.

Theresa
Theresa - I'd be ever so grateful if you could let me know approx cost of 5 average size pics once you've had yours done.

Venture are the people I've seen and I've loved their pics and think it's a great idea for a leaving gift.

However, if it's too pricey, a pic from our digital camera will have to suffice !! Depends if my bonus would cover it.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 6:15 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sarah - were you at the Bath & West today ? We went - would say I never saw you but I have no idea what you look like anyway !!

We had a fab day - didn't get there until 11.30am for one reason and another (vets were late, directions sent us off all round tiny villages, traffic jams, stop because eldest felt sick, another stop as both kids needed to pee !!) and had a great time until 2pm - then the heavens opened and everything was flooded - no shows took place and the stalls all shut. We were all soaked from head to toe including underwear and paid £40 for the privilege. Couldn't even find anything healthy to eat so ended up with fudge and a bacon butty !! :scared: Not the best day I've had.

Heather
That's the beauty of having no children!!!! Arrive early and leave early, lol. Only kidding as I would love a child but it has to be said it does make things so much easier. We had just got back to the car when the heavens opened. I also didn't have anything too healthy, I found an amazing pastie stand and had to eat a cheese and onion pastie, oops!. Ah well we walked it all off. Don't get me wrong it's a great show but £18 each to get in is a bit steep.
Anyway hope you had a good time.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Theresa - I'd be ever so grateful if you could let me know approx cost of 5 average size pics once you've had yours done.

Venture are the people I've seen and I've loved their pics and think it's a great idea for a leaving gift.

However, if it's too pricey, a pic from our digital camera will have to suffice !! Depends if my bonus would cover it.

Heather, if you ever see one of their exhibitions, you must fill in one of their questionairres. From what I gathered, just about everybody who fills one in, gets the voucher. That's £125 which would cover the photo session and one photo 7x5 photo.

There prices range from £75 per picture up to £800. We are looking at spending £300-£400 on one picture for my parents. A lot of money for a picture but this is supposed to be a special gift for them when we leave.

If you want I can find out where they are exhibiting in the near future, by the way my daughter was at the Mall on Thursday and she saw their work up there. Will let you know if I find out anything.

Theresa
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Theresa,
I have that info for your friends if you want me to e-mail it to you. Send me an e-mail and I can then ping it back to you.
I think maybe I should contact them aswell. There are so many discrepancies (is that how you spell it) in the GI diet it's untrue. A lot of their meals are repeated but with different quantities, if I wanted to be a piggy, I would go for the bigger options each time.
Hope they can help you out.
Sarah

Sarah, thanks for info via email for my friends.
Theresa
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:54 am
Loving it in Bundy

Sarah, thanks for info via email for my friends.
Theresa
No worries, mate.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:28 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone - I hope my typing is not wobbly but we have just booked our holiday and flights etc and my emotions are everywhere!

Here's the details:

Flying to Mauritius on August 27th - 15 nights all inclusive in 5 star accommodation (a family apartment so one bedroom with ensuite for the girls and another with en-suite for me and dh) Arriving Sydney 13 September.

It is costing a hell of a lot of money but the hotel were offering all inclusive at room only rates so it's a bit of a bargain! We will be flying with Air Mauritius for both legs - 33 inch seats so not too bad and they have just upped their baggage allowance to 30kg per person. That gives us a total of 150kg between us and I don't think even I could fill that let alone manage the bags between us!

Did my last training session for the 10k at the gym this morning and have had so many phone calls and good wishes for it from friends and neighbours as well as all my cyber friends! I'll let you know how I've done tomorrow when my legs will carry me back to the computer!

Bye for now. . . .

Binbird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.