Dieter's for OZ

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Well done Anne - bet that's a weight off your mind. I'm still waiting for hubby to get his act together before we can even submit ours but, hopefully, should be any week now.

As for weight - I went to RC last night and lost another pound. Was pretty chuffed as had more bad days than good. Today,went to Sainsburys and was itching for pick n mix - my RC leader walked past and said 'Hi'! so that was my motivation for the day. Someone was telling me to stick to it for a change this week and break that 12 stone barrier (yes I'm still trying !)

Unfortunately I hurt my back yesterday gardening so no combat for me tonight. Just hope it's better for Sunday.

If I don't get on here before - all the best Binbird for your 10km run this weekend !
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:01 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

wondering if there's room for one more on this thread?

A few years ago, I managed to lose 23kg, but then put 13kg back on .
At the moment, I've got a BMI of 28 and started the diet and exercise regime again. Tonight I'm off to rejoin WW (making use of their special coupon).

Gina
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:50 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi,

At the moment, I've got a BMI of 28 and started the diet and exercise regime again. Tonight I'm off to rejoin WW (making use of their special coupon).

Gina
Everyone is welcome on here Gina, we are all trying to lose weight in one way or another. They are all lovely supportive people on here, good luck at WW later.

Binbird when are you running?

I have just been listening to Ali and Robin Campbell on Radio 2, so I now have a stupid grin on my face. Their new album is out on the 13th June, I can't wait as I already think their new single is fab.

Sorry bit of waffle there, but little things make me happy!!!

Shirley

just been and re-done my bmi and I am so pleased to see a bit of movement it is now 27.2, so although I am still overweight I feel a bit better that it is nearer the "normal" mark.

Last edited by ub40fan; Jun 2nd 2005 at 3:57 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 4:02 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Hi,

Gina
Welcome, Gina. Plenty of room in here unlike some of our clothes, , lol. We are getting there though.

Sarah
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 4:08 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by teach
Stress, what's that? lol. I wish it made me lose weight, it has the opposite effect..... I eat everything and anything i can get my hands on and my jaws around, pmsl.
Sad but true I have been buying the Sun newspaper. Not to read, but to check out their version of GI Diet. It actually looks like a diet for real people.
The Sun, GI here I come, lol.

Love and hugs
Sarah
Hi everyone,
Have changed my opinion of this diet slightly. Have been checking out GI index for some of the foods you have to eat, some are really quite high. I know if you mix high GI with a lower GI it balances out but if you do this every meal surely it defeats the purpose.
Also every other version of GI allow you 3 meals and 3 snacks a day so that you never really get hungry. This is a strict 3 meals a day and although I was full after brekkie, it was very short lived.
Just happened to buy Closer magazine today and they have published a GI diet based on Rick Gallops book, looks much better and also they have an offer on book. £6.99 instead of £9.99 so have ordered a copy. I will crack this GI dieting if it kills me.

Sarah
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hi everyone,
Have changed my opinion of this diet slightly. Have been checking out GI index for some of the foods you have to eat, some are really quite high. I know if you mix high GI with a lower GI it balances out but if you do this every meal surely it defeats the purpose.
Also every other version of GI allow you 3 meals and 3 snacks a day so that you never really get hungry. This is a strict 3 meals a day and although I was full after brekkie, it was very short lived.
Just happened to buy Closer magazine today and they have published a GI diet based on Rick Gallops book, looks much better and also they have an offer on book. £6.99 instead of £9.99 so have ordered a copy. I will crack this GI dieting if it kills me.

Sarah

Sarah, you can be the GI guru on here!!!

Theresa
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:16 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to newbies Gina and Nicky!!!!!!

Well weighed in at Scottish slimmers again tonight!

1st week - 5 1/2 pounds loss
This week- 1 1/2 pounds loss = 7 pound loss in 2 weeks

I'm so chuffed to bits with myself - just had a lovely big plate of spag. bol and half a baguette of Asda good for you garlic bread for my Tea (all well within my check allowance for the day!!!!)

My treat tonight will be a mini calippo (and they are actually quite big!) - they last ages and are lovely and sweet - I can also have another piece of fruit as part of my free daily allowance.

Attending the class has been great for me - its really motivating me along as I will only disappoint myself if I go and don't lose.
I'm finding SS easier than WW due to the free dairy allowance and the 2 pieces of fruit allowance per day.

To anyone thats struggling its just about finding what works for you - i'm sure I will have weeks that are hard especially when you don't lose weight but think of the health benefits of that lower fat/ calorie diet.

Lynn
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

I'm so chuffed to bits with myself - just had a lovely big plate of spag. bol and half a baguette of Asda good for you garlic bread for my Tea (all well within my check allowance for the day!!!!)

My treat tonight will be a mini calippo (and they are actually quite big!) - they last ages and are lovely and sweet - I can also have another piece of fruit as part of my free daily allowance.

Attending the class has been great for me - its really motivating me along as I will only disappoint myself if I go and don't lose.
I'm finding SS easier than WW due to the free dairy allowance and the 2 pieces of fruit allowance per day.

To anyone thats struggling its just about finding what works for you - i'm sure I will have weeks that are hard especially when you don't lose weight but think of the health benefits of that lower fat/ calorie diet.

Lynn
Thats great Lynn, half a stone in 2 weeks. Well done. You have obviously found the one that works for you.

Theresa
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:20 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Lyn, you sound absolutely chuffed to bits. keep up the good work, and you will be a bronzed Aussie beauty before you know it

Louise

Tried to K you but gotta spread first (why does that always sound so rude )
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Thats great Lynn, half a stone in 2 weeks. Well done. You have obviously found the one that works for you.

Theresa
I hope so Theresa - I usually am like this though for the first 3 weeks then I treat myself to a big Indian curry as a reward Not this time though - NO food rewards for me as its the quickest way to go off track - instead i'm gonna treat myself to clothes or jewellery instead as a treat - will buy something at 7 pound intervals - hmmmmm what am I gonna buy!!??

Hoping that attending a class will motivate me more into sticking to it.

Thanks for your support,
Keep up the hard work yourself - you sound like you are doing great,
Lynn
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by louise4
Well done Lyn, you sound absolutely chuffed to bits. keep up the good work, and you will be a bronzed Aussie beauty before you know it

Louise

Tried to K you but gotta spread first (why does that always sound so rude )
Thanks for the though of karma - sent you some to say thanks for the support!

Lynn
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi there

Well to those of you who remember me saying about the photo session tomorrow, I received a phone call today from Steve. So busy at work cannot possible make it tomorrow and I should go on my own with the girls.

Firstly our main reason for having them done is that we are going to give one to my parents when we leave. So he doesn't necessarily feel that he has to be in them.

I contacted the studio and they were very concerned, felt he would really be missing out if he didn't come so they have waivered cancellation fee and re-scheduled for Saturday at 4.30pm.

So an extra day to lose weight!

All worked out in the end. Apparently it's quite fun in the studio, all about having fun, think all photos are barefeet. We are all wearing jeans and white tops, probably go for the black and white photos. You play games and lie on beanbags, that type of thing, all very natural. Should be so good for the children, rather than sat and posing and waiting for everyone to smile.

Will let you all know how it goes afterwards.

Theresa
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Hi there

Well to those of you who remember me saying about the photo session tomorrow, I received a phone call today from Steve. So busy at work cannot possible make it tomorrow and I should go on my own with the girls.

Firstly our main reason for having them done is that we are going to give one to my parents when we leave. So he doesn't necessarily feel that he has to be in them.

I contacted the studio and they were very concerned, felt he would really be missing out if he didn't come so they have waivered cancellation fee and re-scheduled for Saturday at 4.30pm.

So an extra day to lose weight!

All worked out in the end. Apparently it's quite fun in the studio, all about having fun, think all photos are barefeet. We are all wearing jeans and white tops, probably go for the black and white photos. You play games and lie on beanbags, that type of thing, all very natural. Should be so good for the children, rather than sat and posing and waiting for everyone to smile.

Will let you all know how it goes afterwards.

Theresa
That sounds great and I think your hubbie should definately be there for a family piccie so great its been rescheduled - have seen those types of photo's before and they are great - so relaxed and informal!

Lynn
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Sarah
I'd hate to think how much I've spent on losing weight over the years - in addition to the subs to WW, Slimming World and RC, I have every book going, fitballs, step, dvd's, videos, weights, polar watch and cupboards full of wierd foods guaranteed to make me lose weight !!

I think there's a gap in the market - swop shop on diet equipment !! A place you can go with one book and swop with another with no charge ! What do you reckon ?
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

Lynn
Well done Lynn - keep up the good work - it's obviously working !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.