Dieter's for OZ

Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Welcome to all the newies. Whatever anyone's goal is, your health can only improve by any weight loss.

I've lost a stone and a half since Jan and here's todays tip :

Stop drinking coffee and tea (no temptation then for bickies, milk or sugar !). I now drink hot water and a slice of lemon first thing in the morning, 2 litres of water during the day (I carry a sports bottle round with me and just keep sipping continually - it goes fast) with the odd fennell tea and options drink if I need a chocolate fix. It took me about a week to get used to this and now don't think I could drink tea or coffee again !!

Keep up the good work everyone
Old Mar 15th 2005, 8:27 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohippy
Welcome to all the newies. Whatever anyone's goal is, your health can only improve by any weight loss.

I've lost a stone and a half since Jan and here's todays tip :

Stop drinking coffee and tea (no temptation then for bickies, milk or sugar !). I now drink hot water and a slice of lemon first thing in the morning, 2 litres of water during the day (I carry a sports bottle round with me and just keep sipping continually - it goes fast) with the odd fennell tea and options drink if I need a chocolate fix. It took me about a week to get used to this and now don't think I could drink tea or coffee again !!

Keep up the good work everyone
Hi Heather,
Your daily tips are great keep them coming.
If you can get used to the taste, Tetley do the best tasting one, drink green tea. Each cup helps you burn an extra 70 calories, 2 cups a day for a year equates to 1 1/2 stone lost. Or so I read anyway.
Sarah
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:12 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

I have never attended the classes for that reason - people tend to look at me and say that I don't need to be on a diet. But i'm fast approaching 13stone (12 stone 11 pounds) and 5 "9 tall so BMI clearly says i'm overweight. I weighed 11 stone at my wedding last year and looked very slim so want to get back to that. 11 stone sounds heavy but its not when you are tall. I have set target at 11 stone 7 for 1st goal then when I get to that will set new target (probably of 10st 7)

Feeling a bit hungry this am - only had 30g cornflakes and skimmed milk.

Going to make some lunch soon.

Don't drink tea or coffee so don't have that problem but I do drink too many diet fizzy drinks and i think the caffeine is very bad for fluid retention so trying to keep filling my cup up at the water machine at work and drink no added sugar diluting juice with it. Not going to weigh myself till next Monday!
We should be having a weekly weigh in on the forum!!!

Thanks for the support
Lynn
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by binbird
Hi Lynn

I only decided to do something about the weight today too so we are working on the same timescales here!

I put myself in the same category as you! Yes, the friends all say "you look fine" and that I don't look any different to 10 years ago but it's all about how we feel. They don't see the bulge hanging over the top of the trousers carefully concealed by a cleverly chosen top! I've got 10 years on you (and three children) so I just feel that if I don't take myself in hand now it'll be a downwards spiral all the way to being 6 foot under!

It's now or never - go for it!

Binbird
Hi Binbird

We can do it! Thats nice someone is at the same stage as me - we will probably crash at the same time too - I find it hardest on weekends to maintain - my best friend comes over with a bottle of wine, big bag of sweeties and big bag of crisps and we tuck in. Wine and food go hand in hand. Keep at it,

Lynn
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:26 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Was all geared up to go to the gym this morning when DD no.3 decided to throw up into her cereal bowl. So have channelled all my energies into the housework this morning instead! Had a bowl of shreddies and a glass of OJ for breakfast. 3 glasses of water so far but craving a coffee to warm me up (typing though is helping to warm the fingers!)

Weekly weigh in sounds a good idea but I didn't want to get onto the scales until next Monday when I hope that the reading won't be too scary

No coffee.....no coffee......no coffee......no coffee........

Binbird
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:28 am

Sending karma to help everyone!!! Thats to keep us off the bad stuff!!!

Lynn
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:32 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Sending karma to help everyone!!! Thats to keep us off the bad stuff!!!

Lynn
Some karma for the karma! Much better than coffee anyday!

I'll drink to that! (water of course!)

Binbird
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by binbird
Some karma for the karma! Much better than coffee anyday!

I'll drink to that! (water of course!)

Binbird
Thanks Binbird! Yes there are no calories in karma!!! Have tried to send it to evryone but for some of you I must of given you karma before because I have to spread it around 1st!!! Will keep trying!

Lynn
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:54 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

My weigh in day is tuesdays but have the carpenter in today so cant go and last week was ill, and am finding it very hard to keep going, eldest son at home for coursework 18 years old and 6'2"" and find it very hard with him around, as he is trying to follow ww with me, but doesn't want basic stuff, seem to think diet means special food, like crab salad but seeing he is a large eater, that means a whole pepper, cucumber (which he has a thing about) 1/2 lettuce etc just for him whilst I know they are all ok as far as following the programe is concerned when you do that 5 days a week and then still have to feed everyone else the purse complains, last week worked out that I had spent £60.00 before I had got out of the veg/fruit department of tesco's. So am going to see what soups I can make in the attempt to fill him up cheaply. Have also bought a Bean sprout grower from lakeland as I love them so thought I could try growing my own.

Hope everyone has a good week Nicky
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:03 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
My weigh in day is tuesdays but have the carpenter in today so cant go and last week was ill, and am finding it very hard to keep going, eldest son at home for coursework 18 years old and 6'2"" and find it very hard with him around, as he is trying to follow ww with me, but doesn't want basic stuff, seem to think diet means special food, like crab salad but seeing he is a large eater, that means a whole pepper, cucumber (which he has a thing about) 1/2 lettuce etc just for him whilst I know they are all ok as far as following the programe is concerned when you do that 5 days a week and then still have to feed everyone else the purse complains, last week worked out that I had spent £60.00 before I had got out of the veg/fruit department of tesco's. So am going to see what soups I can make in the attempt to fill him up cheaply. Have also bought a Bean sprout grower from lakeland as I love them so thought I could try growing my own.

You can do it girl, just keep telling yourself that and eventually you'll beleive it like you I find I tend to lose more pounds in the purse than myself, why is healthy eating so expensive?? you have all these progs and adverts telling you to have a healthier lifestyle but they don't make it any cheaper!!
have sent you karma as a motivation.
Lynn have tried to send you some too but like you have to spread it around 1st
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000

I know what you mean Nicky - dieting is very expensive or eating healthily - I did weekly shop then had to go again a day later to buy ingredients for meals i'm making this week.

I am using a very good cook book - its ainsley Harriets low fat cooking in minutes. the recipes really are quick and the meal we had last night was delicious (and calorie controlled ) I have bought lots of the ingredients to make more of the meals through the week - the difference with his meals are that they are tasty too and use lots of herbs/ spices/ sweet and savoury flavours. My home made soup has far less points in it than weight watchers own brand - the one i had for lunch today tasted completely bland! Home made is far better and stock cubes and most veg 0 points so only thing you have to point is lentils if you add them.

I have a curly wurly as a treat (1.5 points) All the chewing makes them last a bit longet too!!!

Lynn
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Dieter's for OZ

Hi also to the newbies Binbird and Lunlovesun keep up the good work guys. Oh come on now Nicki you can do it, can't she Mandi?. It is for Australia, I said last week that one (the ONe day) will come and only you and your lard arse will be on them scales. I have had toast this moning with butter on at University but I am going to count it and be damned. I will starve to death today but when the weight in comes in 8 months time I will have a sh*t hot BMI and a few months later a tan also cos I will be living oz.
You can do it honey, if I can, you can.
sending you karma and lots of hugs
luv lace
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi also to the newbies Binbird and Lunlovesun keep up the good work guys. Oh come on now Nicki you can do it, can't she Mandi?. It is for Australia, I said last week that one (the ONe day) will come and only you and your lard arse will be on them scales. I have had toast this moning with butter on at University but I am going to count it and be damned. I will starve to death today but when the weight in comes in 8 months time I will have a sh*t hot BMI and a few months later a tan also cos I will be living oz.
You can do it honey, if I can, you can.
sending you karma and lots of hugs
luv lace
I know tanned and slim - it will be great!!! A tan hides lots of sins and wobbly thighs!

Have sent you some karma lace to help you along!!!

Lynn
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Dieter's for OZ

I know what you mean Lynn about the shopping basket. I have spent a fortune and then the govenment come along and say 'eat healthy'. Eating healthy costs money, lots of it. Chips and egg for the whole family cost about £2.00 a day and is easy and tasty to cook BUT it is fatty. No! Not if you do it the way I do. I cook my potatoes in boiling water thsn I chop them into chips (after straining tham and not cooking them till they die). I put them in the oven on a baking tray with some of that fry light spray on. I then use a non-stick pan and some fry light and fry the egg. I have two weigth watcher bread with no marg on. Chips and egg! for around 5 and a half points.

All the rest of the stuff is expensive though, what point was I trying to make there! I went off on a tangent lol
love lace
Old Mar 15th 2005, 11:20 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
I am using a very good cook book - its ainsley Harriets low fat cooking in minutes. the recipes really are quick and the meal we had last night was delicious (and calorie controlled )
Have not seen his book will look out for it, don't know if it is a syptom or a cause, or just par for the course as I love reading cooking books, I also get the good food magazine, as about 90% of their receipes have the nutrional values at the end of each receipe. Calories, sat fat etc, so you can fit them into most diet plans, especially good for something differant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.