Dieter's for OZ

Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:57 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dieter's for OZ

Originally Posted by ohippy
Tbh I should have lost weight !!! We went to Florida and must have walked miles every day, I wasn't greedy, stayed off the booze, no puds, fresh fruit for brekkie etc.

It's the longest that hubby and I have every spent in each others company 24 hours a day and he was completely gobsmacked that I'd gained weight, he reckons I must have a reaction to something I eat as I've been tested for everything else !!

Still I'm now all Mickeyed out. It was fun but a last fling before Oz, no more hols now. The best part was the disney cruise - I'd do that again if I won the lottery. A day spent in the Bahamas swinging in a hammock with the kids in a kids club all day - complete bliss.

Back to earth with a big heavy bump now !!

Heather

Thanks for karma Lace - gotta spread a bit but will get back to you soon
Hi Heather, Glad you had a good holiday. When did you get back? You know you should allow a week for your body to get back to normal after the flight - your body bloats up and retains fluid so you need to drink plenty of water and wait another week before you weight yourself. I don't know the exact facts about it all but I do remember reading in a magazine that you're always heavier after a long hall flight.

Kath x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:21 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, only just found this thread and seen its been going for a year!!

Right, I'm on board now and up for it

After months of getting nowhere on the scales, I have finally managed to two 2lbs this week I've been dying to tell someone the good news instead of always complaining that I can't lose weight no matter what.

So you're all stuck with me now

BTW I'm over 40 (ouch, that hurt!) eat very little and exercise 6 times a week - why oh why do I bother!

One thing I have noticed though - since finding this BE site I seem to be doing much more sitting at the computer

Right, must go and walk those dogs ................. in a minute

Cheri x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:38 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheri-pie

After months of getting nowhere on the scales, I have finally managed to two 2lbs this week I've been dying to tell someone the good news instead of always complaining that I can't lose weight no matter what.

BTW I'm over 40 (ouch, that hurt!) eat very little and exercise 6 times a week - why oh why do I bother!

One thing I have noticed though - since finding this BE site I seem to be doing much more sitting at the computer

Cheri x

Hi Cheri, and welcome

Heather, I agree with Kath, I am sure you need a while for your body to settle down again, flying long haul puts me out of kilter for longer than it used to, and by the sounds of it you got loads of exercise!!!

I am also over 40, finding it very hard to lose weight, well no not really, I am finding it hard to stop eating the stuff that makes me gain weight

However, on Saturday night I did something really rash, I signed up for the race for life :scared:

Training starts tonight, I have roped Steve in to train me, we are starting with a 30 min walk for a few days and then we will start jogging

I rebooked the meds so I have 7 weeks to lose a bit of weight and it started this morning! I know I have to do it this time cos of the race for life thing, I am doing the one in MK on Sunday 5th June, that must be 15 weeks in all that I have to train in. :scared:

Oh well, back to the domestic drudgery

Have a good day all

Shirley x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hi Heather, Glad you had a good holiday. When did you get back? You know you should allow a week for your body to get back to normal after the flight - your body bloats up and retains fluid so you need to drink plenty of water and wait another week before you weight yourself. I don't know the exact facts about it all but I do remember reading in a magazine that you're always heavier after a long hall flight.

Kath x
We got back Saturday so your info helps enormously - why is that though ?

I am back on the water, didn't eat much yesterday (didn't get up until 2pm) but am starving today. Off to dentist tonight - I'm sure I'll get a lecture - but you try eating healthily in USA !

Heather

Karma sent
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:48 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

well done to all those that lost some weight and for those who don't think they have ...join the club..!! we did not have SW last week as she was on hols and I had a yum delicious curry on saturday night and friends over yesterday so yet another naughty day..!! oh well back to it..pass me the water and dust !!

have a good week and good on you Shirley for signing up for race for life...go girl..!!!

welcome Cheri- pie and well done on weight loss...keep it going !!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi Cheri, and welcome

Heather, I agree with Kath, I am sure you need a while for your body to settle down again, flying long haul puts me out of kilter for longer than it used to, and by the sounds of it you got loads of exercise!!!

I am also over 40, finding it very hard to lose weight, well no not really, I am finding it hard to stop eating the stuff that makes me gain weight

However, on Saturday night I did something really rash, I signed up for the race for life :scared:

Training starts tonight, I have roped Steve in to train me, we are starting with a 30 min walk for a few days and then we will start jogging

I rebooked the meds so I have 7 weeks to lose a bit of weight and it started this morning! I know I have to do it this time cos of the race for life thing, I am doing the one in MK on Sunday 5th June, that must be 15 weeks in all that I have to train in. :scared:

Oh well, back to the domestic drudgery

Have a good day all

Shirley x
Well done Shirley. You'll be fine. I've done the race for life the last couple of years, loads of people walk it, some jog and some run. It just depends on the weather - if it's hot, drink plenty of water and take it slower. You do get a good goodie bag at the end though !!

I haven't signed up this year as I hope to be in Oz !!

Heather
Old Feb 20th 2006, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheri-pie

Cheri x
Hi and welcome cheri-pie, quite a few of us are over 40 :scared: but we do try really hard to lose the extra weight, but having weekends every weekend does not help well done on the 2lbs loss...keep it up Lol x
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Well g'day all

I am finally on-line.....how are you all? I haven't read through all the threads yet to catch up yet but will do that later.

I have been in Perth now for 5 weeks and absolutely loving it. The girls are all at school and settling in really well.

We have got into the beach scene on a Sunday morning...I was body/boogie boarding yesterday, can't believe how much fun I had, my arms are a bit sore today though.

Diet, what diet? I have now got my fitness dvds but haven't done anything yet because I am waiting for the aircon to be fixed, 37 degrees today!

Bye for now
Theresa
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:26 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Well g'day all

I am finally on-line.....how are you all? I haven't read through all the threads yet to catch up yet but will do that later.

I have been in Perth now for 5 weeks and absolutely loving it. The girls are all at school and settling in really well.

We have got into the beach scene on a Sunday morning...I was body/boogie boarding yesterday, can't believe how much fun I had, my arms are a bit sore today though.

Diet, what diet? I have now got my fitness dvds but haven't done anything yet because I am waiting for the aircon to be fixed, 37 degrees today!

Bye for now
Theresa
HI THERESA!

I THOUGHT I WOULD SHOUT AS WE ARE ON THE SAME CONTINENT AGAIN BUT MY VOICE WOULD HAVE TO CARRY A LONG WAY! lol

Was only thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were getting on (on your own! :scared: )

Hope everything works out well for you in Perth (diet or no diet!) Enjoy!

Binbird

(By the way, tried to pm you but it wouldn't send)
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Well g'day all

Bye for now
Theresa
So where have you ended up ? Glad u r loving it !
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Theresa,
wow it's nice to hear you, I am so glad you are enjoying it also hun. Never ind the diet yet just get yourself sorted and hi there binbird. I have seen you a few times on the thread, I hope your ok too.

I am going to try Slimming World tonight guys. I havn't done it for a long time but i am going to try it.

Wish you guys all the luck

hugs Lace xx
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:06 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Theresa, glad you're enjoying it you lucky so and so

Whereabouts in Perth are you?

Good luck tonight Lace, I'm thinking of joining Rosemary Conley next week - I was going to join today but decided with Pancake day tomorrow and a gig on Friday I'd best wait until next week as I think the first two weeks are really strict. I did walk to school today though, so there and back that was half an hour. Better than nowt.

My diet has gone absolutely rubbish, I haven't weighed myself for ages cus I know there's no point. Been reading the RC magazine though to get some inspiration so I'm trying to be good today.

How's everyone else doing?

Kath x
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hi Theresa, glad you're enjoying it you lucky so and so

Whereabouts in Perth are you?

Good luck tonight Lace, I'm thinking of joining Rosemary Conley next week - I was going to join today but decided with Pancake day tomorrow and a gig on Friday I'd best wait until next week as I think the first two weeks are really strict. I did walk to school today though, so there and back that was half an hour. Better than nowt.

My diet has gone absolutely rubbish, I haven't weighed myself for ages cus I know there's no point. Been reading the RC magazine though to get some inspiration so I'm trying to be good today.

How's everyone else doing?

Kath x
Hi all, diets going alright, but very slowly, am averageing 1-1.5 lbs a week with the odd hiccup, hoping for my 1 stone award in 2 weeks....4lbs to go!!

Hi to hooper and binbird, glad to hear everythings ok. Will be having pancakes tomorrow, having lemon and sugar...mmmmm nice. See you all soon
Lol x
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
Hi all, diets going alright, but very slowly, am averageing 1-1.5 lbs a week with the odd hiccup, hoping for my 1 stone award in 2 weeks....4lbs to go!!

Hi to hooper and binbird, glad to hear everythings ok. Will be having pancakes tomorrow, having lemon and sugar...mmmmm nice. See you all soon
Lol x

hello friends!! well, i'm afraid to say i'm a total failure!!!!!!

the past few weeks i've eaten and drankk like a pig, our meds tommorow and we were all going to get fit, butit hasnt happened! saturday at work sent out for bacon butties sunday we had £5 of chocolate between 3 of us!!!!!!!!!!!

been feelin crap and stressed lately but me and beth are going to sign up for
race for life this week so hoping to get motivated again.

well done to you lot who have continued to lose weight, good on ya
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:04 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

I've lost a pound this week, don't know how as I have had an absolutely crap week. We were snowed in and then we had a power cut for a couple of days (the joys of mountain living!) - no heating, no cooking, no TV, no BE, nothing!

Anyway just trying to cheers ourselves up by searching for a last minute holiday - I need SUN

Good luck to all of you doing the race for life, sounds great - I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but I dont think I can find any more time. I already do pilates, spinning, gym and swimming every week, not that its making any difference

Hope you get on well tonight Lace, I did manage to lose a stone about a year ago with Slimming World and it has stayed off, but couldn't face going any more.

Cheri x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.