Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Didn't that fly by! ... (doggy post)

Didn't that fly by! ... (doggy post)

Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Didn't that fly by! ... (doggy post)

Mutters arrives from Sydney Quarantine Station tomorrow at 5pm ...

Today it's a month since we set foot on Aussie soil and with mutley getting here just before us, he's done his 30 days in jail (joking, apparently it's ok there) We got given the mobile number of the girl in charge with him and she's been really good and by the sounds of things he's been fine and doin all the right things ...

We're having him shipped from Sydney to our home on the Gold Coast tomorrow by a company called Dogtainers. For anyone interested in what these guys are like, well I cannot speak highly enough of, but won't go on about them here and maybe pm me if your thinking of using them.

So yeah, appointment is booked for tomorrow with local vet for jabs, his collar, harness and lead are on the side ready. We have food, some treats, a bowl, and even a couple of pigs ears all ready for his arrival! ... ... he loves them!

Oh and 4 people that have missed him so much!

Sorry to sound all wussy, but I guess only a pet lover will understand ...

I guess the only prob I foresee is kane toads! (not sure if it's Cane or Kane but you know what I mean). Where we are we see at least 5 in the garden every night. I'm out there with my torch (lol) and having a little count up.

The issue I have is in the UK Max would play with them at times and we've GOT to get him out of that. Pretty much everyone inc the vet receptionist (which did shock both of us!) advises the use of a golf club to get rid of them ...lol, but altho this REALLY does seems to be the 'thing to do' .... vermin and all! .... oh I dunno, not quite right in my books. I'll toss them over the fence tho! ...

Oh we'll sort sommit out. He'll be goin out into the garden at night for a pee on a lead! ... lol

Good night all ...
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Didn't that fly by! ... (doggy post)

great news, glad you are getting him back soon and the family will be complete again.

Lisa.xx
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:57 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey! It did fly by! Seems like only yesterday you were going through the whole lepto nightmare. Let us know how pooch settles in
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic

Today it's a month since we set foot on Aussie soil and with mutley getting here just before us, he's done his 30 days in jail (joking, apparently it's ok there) We got given the mobile number of the girl in charge with him and she's been really good and by the sounds of things he's been fine and doin all the right things ...

We're having him shipped from Sydney to our home on the Gold Coast tomorrow by a company called Dogtainers. For anyone interested in what these guys are like, well I cannot speak highly enough of, but won't go on about them here and maybe pm me if your thinking of using them.

So yeah, appointment is booked for tomorrow with local vet for jabs, his collar, harness and lead are on the side ready. We have food, some treats, a bowl, and even a couple of pigs ears all ready for his arrival! ... ... he loves them!

I guess the only prob I foresee is kane toads! (not sure if it's Cane or Kane but you know what I mean). Where we are we see at least 5 in the garden every night. I'm out there with my torch (lol) and having a little count up.

The issue I have is in the UK Max would play with them at times and we've GOT to get him out of that. Pretty much everyone inc the vet receptionist (which did shock both of us!) advises the use of a golf club to get rid of them ...lol, but altho this REALLY does seems to be the 'thing to do' .... vermin and all! .... oh I dunno, not quite right in my books. I'll toss them over the fence tho! ...

Oh we'll sort sommit out. He'll be goin out into the garden at night for a pee on a lead! ... lol

Good night all ...

Aw, fab news.

Give him a cuddle from me
Old Apr 18th 2006, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww bet you cant wait to get sloppy kisses of the little fella
Glad hes been fine in quarantine, they are a worry!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:03 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Sooo glad things are going ok. After reading your dog trial posts with much sympathy we are now going through the same heartache! We took our dog to the vet for a dummy lepto blood test just to see the levels....It never occured to me that he might be positive . He's positive 1:100 but negative at 1:400....All we can do is wait really (thanks to reading your post). Sorry to go on and put a damper on the excitment that you must be feeling at getting your dog home...

All the best guys

Cheers

Ginny
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Congratulations on getting your dog there safely. We are planning to move next year and our dog will be coming with us. We have gone through your posts and understand your love for your pooch so it's great news that quarantine is finally over and you'll all be reunited soon. We are also thinking of using dogtainers to ship from Sydney to Brisbane.
Have fun with your dog!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:14 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

aww that's brilliant Paul, bet you cant wait to get him home
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:17 pm
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

God that has flown by, he'll be soooooo pleased to see you bless him, great news, you'll be a family again!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stitch
Sooo glad things are going ok. After reading your dog trial posts with much sympathy we are now going through the same heartache! We took our dog to the vet for a dummy lepto blood test just to see the levels....It never occured to me that he might be positive . He's positive 1:100 but negative at 1:400....All we can do is wait really (thanks to reading your post). Sorry to go on and put a damper on the excitment that you must be feeling at getting your dog home...

All the best guys

Cheers

Ginny
Awww Ginny, wel you know we've been there ...

I guess only saving grace is that it 'could' drop! After all Max was jabbed with the Lepto vaccine and still (thankfully) stayed the same level after about 10 days!

Ask your vet about Streptomicing (spellings not right) as altho this wasn't any good for us, it might to of use to you ...

Best of luck with it.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:19 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear about Mutley.

But how is the hairdressing course going and all the other "stuff" ??!!

Gina
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Awww Ginny, wel you know we've been there ...

I guess only saving grace is that it 'could' drop! After all Max was jabbed with the Lepto vaccine and still (thankfully) stayed the same level after about 10 days!

Ask your vet about Streptomicing (spellings not right) as altho this wasn't any good for us, it might to of use to you ...

Best of luck with it.

Thanks guys.......just have to wait and see....I'm just praying that when he got his vaccs in Feb (requested NO lepto) it was without lepto...I dooo trust our Vet so it could be that he's just got good antib's!

Cheers and enjoy your little mite when he gets out...

Ginny
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by karmagirls
We are also thinking of using dogtainers to ship from Sydney to Brisbane.
Have fun with your dog!
As I say I can't fault this mob! ...

A couple of reasons.

1) I phoned and got a quote to pick him up at Sydney quarantine and be dropped at Coolangatta airport and we'd pick him up from there. Quote was over the phone and $357. I phoned 2 days later and the quote had risen to $405 ?!? I queried this and the lady said she'd get back, and when she did she said the original quote was wrong, but they'd honour it as I'd been given the quote! Also said they'd bring him to the door instead of us having to pick him up at Coolangatta!

2) I was hoping the quarantine station would take a bank transfer for payment and when I phoned them after the Easter break (with only 1 day till he was due for collection) they said the only option was a credit card payment ... ... I don't have one!! I phoned a friend but they couldn't help. I explained this to Dogtainers and they said if I bank transfer THEM the quarantine fee's, they'd pay em when they collect the dog! .... how good is that!

I must admit it is how the Aussies seem to us, they are only too happy to help! ...

Strongly recommended if you ask me! ...

Off to school we go and it'll be a mad rush home after to hopefully arrive just in time for him ...
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Didn't that fly by! ... (doggy post)

Good night all ...
Sorry to ask a daft question but what time frame is it for bringing dogs over ie start vac etc, as we want to bring our dog over but don't know how far in advance to sort him out?
Mandy
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Glad to hear about Mutley.

But how is the hairdressing course going and all the other "stuff" ??!!

Gina
I was gonna do a 'been here a month' post but maybe too soon. To be honest we're still loving it a lot and maybe it's still the honeymoon period! ... Altho we know a couple out here who've been here 2 years and still wake every now and then wondering if it's all a dream! .... honest!

Gotta run, don't wanna be late for the teacher! ... :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.