Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you tip your packers?

Did you tip your packers?

Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you tip your packers?

The chaps from Doree Bonner have been here all day working really hard. They have been helpful and friendly and so I'm wondering if anyone else out there tipped their packers and if so, how much?

Cheers,

Graham
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:33 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Did you tip your packers?

Originally Posted by Gravyman
The chaps from Doree Bonner have been here all day working really hard. They have been helpful and friendly and so I'm wondering if anyone else out there tipped their packers and if so, how much?

Cheers,

Graham
Bought them all fish and chips!
Jenny
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,

Graham
My wife tipped PSS GBP30 plus 2 cases of beer, bottles of wine & spirits (stuff we didn't pack), a video machine, oil filled radiator plus bacon sandwiches & cups of tea all day.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:37 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I kept them fully fed and watered, and seem to recall them doing well with a few bits we decided not to bring at the last minute. Eg. portable bbq and some booze. I reckon they do all right with freebies on a regular basis.!!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by webgum
I kept them fully fed and watered, and seem to recall them doing well with a few bits we decided not to bring at the last minute. Eg. portable bbq and some booze. I reckon they do all right with freebies on a regular basis.!!

Only had 20 quid in my purse but gave it to them, also kept them supplied with tea coffee and stuff they were please with it
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

jlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nicejlkk is just really nice

No tip as such but hubby being a car mechanic gave him advice on what was wrong with his car and we gave them a six pack each. They were v,happy with that, and fish and chips.

LibbyX
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:18 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My wife tipped PSS GBP30 plus 2 cases of beer, bottles of wine & spirits (stuff we didn't pack), a video machine, oil filled radiator plus bacon sandwiches & cups of tea all day.

It's a wonder they didn't ask to come with you to unload at this end !

Jim
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

We tipped with a tenner for a pint each. Kept them going with tea and coffee and sandwiches. They were great ! I was well pleased with how fast they worked, how careful they were and the jokes that were flying about
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:47 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

We had the packers in on the 21/22 December and I have to say they were a great bunch of guys. Kept me sane during a very stressful time. We were their last job before Christmas and my husband gave them all £30 each - five guys. Never as generous to me if I ask lol
If they had been rubbish they would have got nowt!
Sue
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:17 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Cheers,

Graham
I just fed mine! They ate enough!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 12:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Topped up with tea and sarnies. Never occurred to me to hand money over Oh well, too late now Didn't tip the unpackers here either, but again they had plenty of food and drink.